1090 users online (250 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Tiffany Harris, 17, Philadelphia, 13 January 2006

Police were seeking information yesterday on the whereabouts of a teenager last seen when she was dropped off at Martin Luther King High School at 7:30 a.m. Friday.

Harris - who is black, 5-foot-1 and 107 pounds - had her hair in a ponytail and was wearing a black jacket with distinctive red Chinese writing and her white school uniform shirt when her mother's boyfriend dropped her off, Police Sgt. Andrew Kensey said.
    Previously in foster care, "she and her mother just recently reunited, and she had no legitimate reason to disappear," Kensey said.
    http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/n...a/13636137.htm

Germantown teen missing for 3 days

Police are looking for a 17-year-old Germantown girl who has been missing since she was dropped off at Martin Luther King High School Friday morning.
    A child's disappearance is any mother's nightmare, and Grace Merriweather's pain is particularly acute since she was just reunited with her daughter, Tiffany Leann Harris, last month after Tiffany spent years in foster care.

Merriweather has been separated from her daughter since she was two, but she said yesterday she had stabilized her life and was overjoyed when Tiffany was returned to Philadelphia from a Connecticut foster home last month.
    Tiffany had recently been seeing a boyfriend whom Merriweather didn't know well, the mother added.
    "Tiffany is very smart. She's an A-plus, B-plus student. She loves animals. She's a very sweet person," Merriweather said.
    http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/...l/13636228.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Police were seeking information yesterday on the whereabouts of a teenager last seen when she was dropped off at Martin Luther King High School at 7:30 a.m. Friday.

Harris - who is black, 5-foot-1 and 107 pounds - had her hair in a ponytail and was wearing a black jacket with distinctive red Chinese writing and her white school uniform shirt when her mother's boyfriend dropped her off, Police Sgt. Andrew Kensey said.
    Previously in foster care, "she and her mother just recently reunited, and she had no legitimate reason to disappear," Kensey said.
    http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/n...a/13636137.htm

Germantown teen missing for 3 days

Police are looking for a 17-year-old Germantown girl who has been missing since she was dropped off at Martin Luther King High School Friday morning.
    A child's disappearance is any mother's nightmare, and Grace Merriweather's pain is particularly acute since she was just reunited with her daughter, Tiffany Leann Harris, last month after Tiffany spent years in foster care.

Merriweather has been separated from her daughter since she was two, but she said yesterday she had stabilized her life and was overjoyed when Tiffany was returned to Philadelphia from a Connecticut foster home last month.
    Tiffany had recently been seeing a boyfriend whom Merriweather didn't know well, the mother added.
    "Tiffany is very smart. She's an A-plus, B-plus student. She loves animals. She's a very sweet person," Merriweather said.
    http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/...l/13636228.htm
    My 1st question is: Did someone see her after the Mother's boyfriend allegedly dropped her off or did he just say that he dropped her off. There have been way to many cases here lately involving "Mom's boyfriend".
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    My 1st question is: Did someone see her after the Mother's boyfriend allegedly dropped her off or did he just say that he dropped her off. There have been way to many cases here lately involving "Mom's boyfriend".
    yea that scares me....

Funny- thats the first thing that popped in my head as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimeHater
    Funny- thats the first thing that popped in my head as well.
    We're all starting to think alike wonder why? The boyfriend worries me because of what type the mother may be and the guys they seem to hook up with are basically the bottom of the barrel and that's a dangerous scenario for this girl if that's the case. I think in a more positive light that maybe she ran away, she doesn't even know her mother if she hasn't been with her since she was two. Her friends are probably back in Conneticut.

i hope she is ok......

The boyfriend was my first thought too. Brittney hasn't been seen since her mom's boyfriend dropped her off at school....sounds like he was the last person to see her. I'd like to know if any of the kids outside of the school saw her after he dropped her off.

Like someone said though....she didn't even know her mother. Hard to tell how she felt about going to live with a mother that was the reason why she lived her life in foster homes. From what I gather the mother must have been mixed up in drugs for years. Brittney wouldn't have know her mother's boyfriend either nor him her.

I hope and pray that this young girl just decided that she wanted to get back to her friends and maybe the foster family that she had lived with. I wonder how long she had lived with them. Maybe there is an attachment there. Hope she is safe where ever she is.

I take it she didn't make it into the school? So he drops her off at the school but she doesn't go in?

I wonder if it is a big school where it is easy for kids to leave campus? Do they have video cameras in the parking lot that would confirm her getting dropped off?

Basically, what she had was a "new" family (at least it was new to her), a new school, and a new life. Hard things for a kid to deal with. Like you all, I am hoping she will surface back with some friends from her old school.
    I wonder how long the mom's boyfriend has been around, and how she got along with him? Anyone know his name?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

If Philly's inner city school are anything like the ones around here then it'd be pretty easy for her to walk out.

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

Any news?