628 users online (72 members and 556 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    But, my point of digging around to find out whether she stabbed him that deep was to see if the extreme rage factor was there. I mean, she was pretty pissed about something to stab him that freaking deep. I just can't imagine the whole situation! Most LE feel that a crime with that kind of rage is usually personal. So, another factor that points to the parents.
    I think the stabbings were very methodical, like by someone who knew what they were doing, i.e. Darin who has some medical training. Only enough to kill as previsously stated. If rage you would have seen more, and IMO, varied stabbing and cuts.

At first I thought Darlie wouldn't have had the strength (upper body strenghth usually weak in women) to make the deep wounds going through the rib cages, but the prosecutor repeatedly talked about how the rib cages on the young boys would have been fairly pliable or soft (or something to that effect). So I still could go with either one doing it.

But methodical, not rage.

Quote Originally Posted by justice2
    I think the stabbings were very methodical, like by someone who knew what they were doing, i.e. Darin who has some medical training. Only enough to kill as previsously stated. If rage you would have seen more, and IMO, varied stabbing and cuts.

At first I thought Darlie wouldn't have had the strength (upper body strenghth usually weak in women) to make the deep wounds going through the rib cages, but the prosecutor repeatedly talked about how the rib cages on the young boys would have been fairly pliable or soft (or something to that effect). So I still could go with either one doing it.

But methodical, not rage.
    You are correct. Rib cartlege takes years to harden. The knife went right through them on both boys. Just the difference in weight should have been sufficient for her to have been capable of doing that.

As for which one knew the human body well enough to know where to stab, on a small child anywhere in the upper torso is likely to hit a major organ so I don't think any special knowledge would be any more beneficial. I do agree that the wounds seem methodical. I have aleays leaned in that direction. I just can't rule out anger as the trigger.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Darlie Books?

Hi, all. I recently wandered over here from the JBR board after reading a book about Darlie Routier and the murders of the boys. I'm glad to see there is so much information and people are still actively talking about this case.

The book I read was Precious Angels, by Barbara Davis. I could hardly put it down, and now I'm wondering if anyone could please direct me toward other books about the Routier case.

Based on this one book I've read and the information here, I'm left with the impression that Darlie was responsible for the deaths of Devon and Damon. Her story doesn't make sense, and don't get me started about the Silly String video. I saw that on tv years ago but didn't realize just how callous and guilty it made Darlie look until I started reading the details. And what mother throws a birthday party for the neighborhood children after the child whose birthday it was (her own child!) was murdered just days before?
    Where is Trenton Duckett?

Hi. . .first time posting on websleuths and didn't see how to start new thead. . . .Can someone help me understand something . .saw a show about this case on Youtube and Barbara Davis mentioned that near bloody sock there was a butcher knife stuck into ground. Police decided it wasn't relevant just a "digging tool"??? I have been thinking Darlie did it but had never heard this before. . .what the heck is up with this other knife found near the sock??? thanks!

Neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by OkThen82 View Post
    Hi. . .first time posting on websleuths and didn't see how to start new thead. . . .Can someone help me understand something . .saw a show about this case on Youtube and Barbara Davis mentioned that near bloody sock there was a butcher knife stuck into ground. Police decided it wasn't relevant just a "digging tool"??? I have been thinking Darlie did it but had never heard this before. . .what the heck is up with this other knife found near the sock??? thanks!
    "Near" is probably a little misleading. The knife and other kitchen utensils were embedded in the ground in a backyard protected by a 6 ft locked fence. A cop spotted them during the investigation but since he noted the area around the knife embedded in the ground was not disturbed he didn't consider it evidence. He followed through and spoke to the resident, Guzman, about it and examined the knife. He decided it wasn't the weapon based on appearance. They were later collected and tested, confirming the knife was not the murder weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 percent View Post
    "Near" is probably a little misleading. The knife and other kitchen utensils were embedded in the ground in a backyard protected by a 6 ft locked fence. A cop spotted them during the investigation but since he noted the area around the knife embedded in the ground was not disturbed he didn't consider it evidence. He followed through and spoke to the resident, Guzman, about it and examined the knife. He decided it wasn't the weapon based on appearance. They were later collected and tested, confirming the knife was not the murder weapon.
    This is the kind of stuff that the Darlie groupies like to grab onto and then distort to fit their narrative. Aside from the logical issue of an intruder over killing two babies while leaving the adult with relatively minor injuries (same problem Jeffrey MacDonald had with his fairy tale) the physical evidence is overwhelming.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7