IL IL - Armando Chavez, 27, Aurora, 25 Oct 2005

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://www.nbc5.com/news/6148798/detail.html

He went missing after a meeting with a man on October 19, 2005. His brother reported him missing on November 7, 2005.

Chaves is described as a Hispanic male, about 5-feet-8 inches tall, 150 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Chavez also goes by the name of Esequiel Chavez and by the nickname of "Cheeto," police said.Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call the Aurora Police Department at (630) 801-6731
6147780_240X180.jpg

More pics, and info at link

Note: I posted the photo and the description from the article because, although police are asking for help, I could not find a site that has him listed, not even the National Center for Missing Adults.

PonderingThings, I don't want to be off-base, but is he gay?

I keep seeing these postings for men who appear they might be gay, and they're missing, and it's totally out of character for them, and someone preys on them and kills them. This seems very, very common and it also seems common that no one mentions the unthinkable - that they're gay.

This feels epidemic - there are a lot of young men who appear from their stories and appearance they're gay, and the families are aching for them and praying for their return, but no one will just say he was gay.

Prayers this man is found, and maybe I'm wrong, but this seems incredibly common. And unresolveable unless the public is looking for a homophobe who was gone when this person was missing.

KatherineQ I don't know if he's gay. I came across that news article so I did the post.

Other than a possible link to someone that might cause violence to a gay person, I, personally, don't see why that's such an important part of today's news reporting... other than showing they are reporting on a frequently ignored group.

After all, do you ever see "hetrosexual man missing"? They could have come across an angry husband or boyfriend....

I'm thinking about another case of a man who has been missing since May of last year. ALL the news reports said he was gay. Only one, small, tucked away article gave his description! What's more important - who he beds? Or what he looks like?

More than people's sexual orientation my most pressing concern is WHY AREN'T THESE PEOPLE LISTED ON THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSING ADULTS OR THE NORTH AMERICAN MISSING PERSON'S NETWORK?

Instead of trying to get the media to publicize more missing people, maybe we should get law enforcement to submit the information to one, or both sites? Its my understanding there is NO FEE. So WHY NOT?????????
confused.gif

Sorry KatherineQ I kinda went off on a rant... I know you were refering to a possible lead/direction to find him... its just a sore spot with me.

It's okay about the rant, PT. I just keep seeing this, and families in pain, and it seems to me that if you're really trying to get the public to help, they need to be thinking in the direction of a group of young homophobes who came home with blood on their clothes that evening.

I just keep seeing this and seeing it.

This reminds me of that beautiful stripper (I forget her name) who was supposed to meet up with friends in Destin, and she didn't show. So they blanketed the internet with her picture and pleas to help, and they didn't say for weeks that she was a stripper and missing from the strip bar.

This shame, of being a stripper or being a gay man, it seems, is keeping victims from being found and justice served against their murderers. And peace for their families.

Armando Caballero Chavez​

• armando_caballero_chavez_1.jpg
Chavez, circa 2005
  • Missing Since 10/25/2005
  • Missing From Aurora, Illinois
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race Hispanic
  • Date of Birth 12/25/1977 (45)
  • Age 27 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 150 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic male. Black hair, brown eyes. Chavez's nickname is Cheeto. He may use the alias names Juan Carlos and/or Esequeil Chavez. He is a native of Mexico.

Details of Disappearance​

Chavez was at his residence in the vicinity of the 1500 block of Grandview in Aurora, Illinois on October 25, 2005. He left with his roommate in his roommate's truck to go to the Chicago Premium Outlets shopping center in the vicinity of the 1600 block of north Farnsworth Avenue. Chavez stated he wanted to meet an unidentified man.

Once they located the individual, described as Hispanic and in his twenties, Chavez asked his friend to return to his vehicle and stated he would be back in a few minutes. He never returned, however, and has never been heard from again.

Chavez's vehicle was left at his residence. His roommate looked for him and tried to contact him via cellular phone without success before informing Chavez's brother of his disappearance; Chavez's brother reported him missing on November 7.

He has a history of leaving home for days at a time, but he has never been gone this long. He emigrated to the United States from Mexico four years prior to his disappearance. His case remains unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back