709 users online (98 members and 611 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by her View Post
    Thanks, you are not alone. I hesitate to jump on a bandwagon and bend things to make it fit.
    That is not directed towards anyone by the way. I'm overly cautious with such serious crimes. It's not in defense of a potential target it's in defense of not letting the correct one scott free.
    You betcha.

Thanks, you are not alone. I hesitate to jump on a bandwagon and bend things to make it fit.
    That is not directed towards anyone by the way. I'm overly cautious with such serious crimes. It's not in defense of a potential target it's in defense of not letting the correct one scott free.
    Thank you. I hope he is the perp, because then no one else will die. But, I do have doubts.
    MOO
    Delphi Murders -- Six Thousand Billboards Across the USA
    Reply with Quote is everyone's friend.
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan

I'm with ya on that.
    Letters from Prison

https://lettersfromprisonsite.wordpress.com

This site is in remembrance of a dear friend that was incarcerated at the age of 16. Serving three consecutive life sentences with no chance of parole led him to suicide at the age of 25. These are excerpts from his letters during the last four years of his life, the end of 2012 to the beginning of 2017. Four days before his suicide, I received these chilling last words. "I will try to get a medication change soon. I do not think my current meds are working. At least that seems to be the case."

I really hope BG is DN, but he is not what I imagined at all. I haven't followed this case THAT closely but I thought BG would be someone more calculating and who appeared normal. DN does not fit that at all! Hoping we will find out soon if he's the guy. I will be surprised at this point if he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax49 View Post
    Thank you. I hope he is the perp, because then no one else will die. But, I do have doubts.
    This worries me because you've been here a long time, since 2004 iirc.

Last night, even after watching the much needed "Hallelujah" video carbuff posted, the thought still kept creeping in my head "what if it's not him?"

Jax, if I may ask, what makes you skeptical of DN as a potential suspect, specifically? I shared some of my thoughts concerning my doubts early on, but have since been feeling more optimisitic. Tia.

Quote Originally Posted by tokyorose View Post
    I have thought that the killer probably threw the phone into the water and didn't realize newer phones have pretty impressive water resistance. I also speculated that Libby hid the phone under dirt and leaves during the scuffle and BG was unable to find it, he heard family start to call and had to leave it before he could find it. MOO is that he didn't expose himself to them because he had other things in mind... terrible.
    Is it true that it was reported that the phone pinged around town that afternoon? If so, how could it be if the phone was in the water or left in the woods near the girls?

Do we know for sure that the phone was recovered by LE? I have searched for a link or confirmation of this and haven't had any luck!

New to this discussion, though not to the case. I've listened to podcasts and done some reading online about the facts, and I'm wondering where I missed the information that LE has a cell phone that belonged to one of the victims. My understanding was that the phone wasn't found, but that the audio and snapchat were captured by the cloud. If there's a thread about this, does anyone know where that thread would be?

As far as DN goes, I hope the questioning goes well because this could all hinge on that. Believe me, if DN is represented by a public defender, which he likely will be, that PD will definitely tell him not to talk to the police. It's a big country we live in, and folks like DN can elude justice pretty easily. I always thought if this was a transient kind of person who committed this crime, it might never be solved. No doubt the evidence we don't know about is going to help clear so many things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo71 View Post
    Do we know for sure that the phone was recovered by LE? I have searched for a link or confirmation of this and haven't had any luck!
    Video at the bottom.

http://fox59.com/2017/08/14/lead-det...-dna-evidence/

Quote Originally Posted by JLD333 View Post
    I really hope BG is DN, but he is not what I imagined at all. I haven't followed this case THAT closely but I thought BG would be someone more calculating and who appeared normal. DN does not fit that at all! Hoping we will find out soon if he's the guy. I will be surprised at this point if he's not.
    My initial thoughts as well.

Everything is such an educational experience here, and what I'm learning from this, again IF DN is comfirmed as being BG, is confirmation of exactly what you just said. I/some might have misjudged the type of offender he is, organized vs disorganized, etc etc etc.

Again, the whole organized vs disorganized offender, type of killer, etc etc. It's all infinite

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyMom330 View Post
    Is it true that it was reported that the phone pinged around town that afternoon? If so, how could it be if the phone was in the water or left in the woods near the girls?
    I think that was reported early, but I personally discounted that. I thought it had been more or less debunked. Sometimes when you track someone on "find my friends" it pings around a bit even when their location hasn't changed, I've found this to happen on my kids phones. I also thought LE confirmed they recovered the phone from the crime scene.... maybe when they released the "down the hill" audio?

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
    This worries me. Youve been here a long time, since 2004 iirc, anyway, last night, even after watching the "Hallelujah" video carbuff posted, the thought kept creeping in my head "what if it's not him?"

Jax, if I may ask, what makes you skeptical, specifically? I shared some of my thoughts concerning my doubts early on, but have been feeling more optimisitic. Tia.
    Nothing big. Some is having seen people's lives destroyed by false accusations.

I've tried to compare the pics from the bridge to his pics and I've having a problem seeing him. When I look at the composite the biggest difference I see are the ears.

Wish one of our experts would compare DN to BG, looking at the length of arms and legs, etc. Like was done earlier with RL. If they match it would help me change my opinion.

Bottom line, just not feeling it, but moving in that direction--from 10%, up to about 50% now.
    MOO
    Delphi Murders -- Six Thousand Billboards Across the USA
    Reply with Quote is everyone's friend.
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by kizzykat View Post
    I'm very hung up on this today image today. This guy comes across as a hair trigger hot-head that has little self control and discipline. But showing up once a week to sign in is an act of discipline. Almost strict discipline. The exact opposite of what his other behavior displays. I don't get that contradictory behavior. Was the act of showing up weekly a highly calculated move on his part? Or is there some part of him that craves structure and discipline (ala military life) among the mayhem that is the rest of his life. I guess I'm wondering is he just plain crazy, or crazy like a fox...
    I think he has the intense internal conflict between the strict, structured stability of his military days and the wild, sexually perverted urges from within.

His military training taught him to check in with his superiors and follow regulations, well enough that he has kept under the radar pretty well.

Getting married and having a wife and child has also worked to his advantage. In some ways he is traditional and old school, in appearance, not in reality.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

The car we thought may be there on the road under the bridge, anyone remember what color it was thought to be? Yes it was long ago, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by tokyorose View Post
    I thought we were no longer allowed to sleuth RL... clarification?
    Then sleuth DN.If their paths cross then they cross.
    IMO unless I state a fact

5-year-old Kionnie Welch
    7-year-old Kerriele McDonald
    9-year-old Keyara Phillips
    11-year-old Keyana Davis
    13-year-old Abigail Williams
    14-year-old Liberty German
    All murdered in Carroll County Indiana

Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast