GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Jenna-Van-Gelderen-.jpg

link

DeKalb Police investigating disappearance of woman who went missing from Druid Hills home

August 23, 2017

DeKalb Police are searching for a woman who went missing over the weekend.

Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, was last seen on Friday and her brother reported her missing on Aug. 20. She was house sitting for her parents who live near Emory University.

Her parents were in Canada at the time. Her brother told police that when he came to check on his sister on Saturday she wasn’t there but the TV and lights were on. A painting had been removed from a frame hanging on the living room wall, the police report says.

There was no sign of forced entry or a struggle. Her blue 2010 Mazda was also missing.

Family finds out woman who vanished from Druid Hills home is still missing

August 25, 2017

Jenna Van Gelderen is still missing.

Yesterday, her family reported that she had been found and is safe. But the family received bad information from DeKalb County Police, according to her brother.

“It sounds like they thought they had her last night and this morning they told us they made a mistake,” her brother said. “So we’re meeting with the detectives right now to figure out what actually happened.”

A spokesperson for DeKalb Police said there was no miscommunication.

“We never said that we found her,” the spokesperson said. “We are actively investigating.”

$10K offered for information about woman who went missing in Druid Hills

September 6, 2017

The family of Jenna Van Gelderen announces a $10,000 reward for information leading to her safe return.

Jenna, 25 years old, texted a friend at 2 a.m. on Saturday, August 19, to say she was laying down. It was the last time anyone has heard from her. Jenna has not used her phone, social media or credit cards since that time.

[...]

Jenna Van Gelderen has long dark brown hair, brown eyes, is 4-feet-11 and weighs 140 pounds. Her car is a dark blue, 2010 Mazda 6 sedan with Georgia tag PWH-5902.

People with information or tips about Jenna’s whereabouts are asked to contact the DeKalb County police at 770-724-7475 or to email FindJennaNow@gmail.com .

Jenna Van Gelderen’s Car Is Found in Georgia, but She Remains Missing

September 18, 2017

[...]

The DeKalb Police Department continues to investigate the case. The latest development was the discovery of Jenna's dark blue, 2010 Mazda 6 sedan on Sept. 5, parked along a road in northwest Atlanta. A woman who had seen the information on Facebook recognized the car when she drove past, Leon [Van Gelderen] said.

The discovery was not made public by Jenna's family until late last week, nearly 10 days after the discovery.

Officials have not released what type of shape the vehicle was in, or what, if anything, they found inside. A spokesperson with the DeKalb Police Department had not returned Dateline's request for comment as of Monday afternoon.

NamUs - LINK

Verified Insider: subie_climber

Previous Thread - Thread #2

in response to someone in the last thread, in regards to why did they take the tapestry but not the frame ... much easier to roll up the tapestry to transport and if something is of value, it's the art piece itself, not the frame that is valued

did someone say though that the tapestry was squeezed through a broken piece of glass and not removed via the back? if so, that is odd ...

Hi, this is going to be a kind of challenge

PART ONE red text new info from Thread 2

Casestory/time line including Tread 1 and Thread2; no theory’s, no speculations, just giving back what was said….trying to makea logical order of events. Blue text, open questions....

Help FindJenna Van Gelderen Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/
Jenna, 25years old, 4”11’, 140 lbs, long dark hair, pierced ears. Address; 2255 LenoxRoad. Atlanta PD Zone 2 DeKalb county. ‘Lenox Woods apartments’, living rightbetween the areas Buckhead and Midtown. She didn’t have contact lenses. Sheonly wore glasses and didn't need them all the time. Per VI - Thread #1, post#115 Star of David tattoo on her upper thigh,brohter didn’t know about per Vi, T2 # 852 About questions on this per VI T2 #905 She got this on her own, however according to parents, it was in part fromher trip to Israel to visit family a few years back. Dont think we have toworry about the above <branding, trafficking>, hopefully not
I wasunaware until now on this, but will be updating flyers today.Pierced ears, almondshaped eyes according to Jenna’s missingpersons file on Namus: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/39943/0/ No dentals, DNA inquiry underway, fingerprints availableelsewhere as for d.d. 29/9/2017
Missingfrom Parents house; address; (per Help Find Jenna FB page - link)1289, Oakdaleroad, Atlanta. Druid Hills home, GA. DeKalb county, GA. Near Emory UniversityIn fact it is not sure if she went missing from her parents’ house. added byme.
About herliving space/apartment ‘She would never tell us this address, we only found outthrough the P.I and the police. According to them she is on the lease. Prior wedidn't know this and though she was just staying on a friend's couch accordingto what she had told us. Per VI - Thread #1, post #316. She had a maleroommate, per VI - Thread #1, post #150. At what moment in time she signed the lease contract for this apartment?Is the roommate just staying/living there or was he also on the lease?
How long has she been gone from home? (before she wentmissing) If I recall itwas around april or may she moved out of parents house, living on ppls couches.Per VI - Thread #1, post #996 Jenna moved out to live on her own in March,family members say. A Gwinnett Tech graduate, Jenna is usually in daily contactwith her parents or brother according to: https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/missing-georgia-woman-jenna-van-gelderen-s-vehicle-found-she-n802306
Distancebetween her apartment and parents address: 3 miles
She hadbeen seeing a career coach / counselor every week as well to help get her ontrack to finding a new job and working with her mental illness /minor autism tohelp with work skills. Per VI - Thread #1, post #160 J The last time she talked to thecounselor was that Monday <before she went missing> she couldn't recallanything strange. T2, # 96, VI. Not aware of <Jenna was using> anymeds T2 # 15 VI. Jenna is in the autism spectrum; has a form ofhigh-functioning autism. Can easily be manipulated and doesn't realize what sheis doing is bad. However she always always said that she would never do drugsand would say it in a pretty big tone. Per VI - Thread #1, post #166. Per VI –T2 # 13 <Jenna> was only diagnosed December 2016. I don't have the fullhistory, but I know my parents tried for years to have tests run, but theyalways said there 'wasn’t an apparent issue. It did affect her social life andshe tended to latch on to people that were overlly nice to her and she did havea few issues years back where roomates had used her a lot for rides or buyingalcohol but never did anything in return for her. She didn't think like anormal 25 year old would in a situation that could put her in harm
Jenna hasone bank account. A credit report was done, no other bank accounts or newcredit cards had been opened in her name as of now T2 # 110 VI
Parentsaddress on the drivers license. Per VI - Thread #1, post #321. Jenna’s passportkept by parents at the bank. Per VI - Thread #1, post #307
Jenna usedtwo phones; Iphone/T-mobile (in a family plan, parents account, she used thisphone to call family and friends) and another (unknown by family but laterfound out (found Metro-account info at parents house), per VI - Thread #1, post#51) a Metro pcs number/Android phone. (her own plan, family is not sure whereshe used it for, per VI - Thread #1, post #96) registered under another nameRuth Jenna, per VI - Thread #1, post #988 Confusion. middle name Ruth as herfirst and Jenna as her last. I didn't realize service providers allowed you todo this. Per VI - Thread #1, post #988. According to this post by anothermember a Metro phone is prepaid, no contract and no credit check needed. Don’task for ID. “If I'd paid cash I could have given any name”. T1 #1027 WS member. Her iPhone just had GoogleHangouts / Google voice on it (found via itunes store ) According to herfriends they mostly used Google Hangouts or Google Voice. Nothing unusual fromthose that we could tell. Her android phone is the one it seems she mostly usedfor contacting some of these shady people T2 # 105 VI I Over the course of thepast 2 years had downloaded well over 10 different texting apps. I'm nottalking about the obvious ones most of the ones she downloaded were smallunknown ones like TextmeUP. I’ve tried getting into each one, but they do notsync messages from each device to the next. So it’s virtually impossible rightnow to see which one she had been using recently or if she was even still usingany of them. Per VI - T2 #88 VI. Phones still not found d.d. 9/30/2-17. Are there warrants toboth cell providers? WS member T2 #911
Jenna’s carwas spotted in South Carolina in July 2017. Her ties with that: She frequentlywent up to South Carolina (believed by VI to be in Greenville area - Thread #1,post #353) to babysit for a friend. Have spoken to said friend several timesand she is one of her best friends, per VI - Thread #1, post #326 = Person 5,her good friend from S.C. she babysit for Per VI T2 # 324
Rumorsabout Jenna being a sex worker have never been confirmed, per VI - Thread #1,post #328. According to parents this was said by a disgruntled ex-boyfriend.Per MSM - LINK and VI - Thread #1, post #389 Again brought up in a tv-interviewon with parents on CNN d.d. 9-19-2017/9-20-2017 ‘They are saying that boyfriend told them, I'll quote the police report,advised this officer the reason he was no longer wanting to associate with herwas because he had recently found out she was selling her body for money. Nowthat also sounds like someone who is trying to maybe come up with an excuse asto why he wouldn't want to be around her anymore, but then the police say thather brother also said something that corroborated that. Still strictly rumours…media making a story.
Rumorsabout Jenna going missing before are not true according to the parents. “Never,absolutely never - never disappeared,” Jenna’s father said. “If she ever wentto South Carolina, that’s the furthest she's ever gone. We knew where she wasgoing, who she was going tobe with and she was always in contact with us.” PerMSM - LINK. http://www.11alive.com/news/local/missing-in-georgia/family-slams-police-report-allegedly-calling-their-missing-daughter-a-prostitute/469439051
About herpersonal life; stories we have been given by her friends keep changing, but shehid a lot from us and even her friends. Per VI - Thread #1, post #974
August 3, 2016
• Last public post of Jenna's on her own Facebook account, post is aboutlooking for a job – LINK https://www.facebook.com/jenna.vangelderen/posts/2793943123765
January – March 2017
•We tracked this phone number I found on metro to a number that showedup a lot Jan - March and then died off around when she said it was finished .Was also around the time of the supposed theft. Per VI - Thread #1, post #165
February 2017
•She had a job back in Feb at the pet store but we found out through afriend she had been fired for theft at the store. Which is really not like her.Per VI - Thread #1, post #160
•We foundout large sums of money had been taken in total from various times from herregister. She was arrested, and through the court case, we were able to havethe sentence reduced to a misdemeanor. She would not tell us where the moneywent and that she was "framed" by a manager. I am starting to thinkthat maybe she did do this and paid one of these guys with the money. Per VI -Thread #1, post #160 Person 4: Another guy, that we have discovered that usedto come into the store, demanding money and other things from Jenna. Found outshe had been paying this guy through western union about $1100 over the courseof 2-3 years, met him in college. However, all phone activity and paymentsstopped like 4 months ago. I have a feeling this guy is connected to her storeincident Per VI T2, # 324.
•This kindof behavior was labeled as uncharacteristic for Jenna.
•The casewas nixed/settled, by negotiation and labeled as ‘disorderly conduct’ only.
•A friendwas able to confirm that she back in Feb was on and off with another guy whowas violent, but again she would not tell us who and that it was done and neverhappening again. Per VI - Thread #1, post #165. Does one of her friends know this person?
•It appearsin February she switched to a new email for her Apple ID which we do not have.Per VI - Thread #1, post #365
August 14,2017
•Jennabecame a member of Atlanta Housing group. On August 14, 2017, Jenna reacted onpost of somebody asking for a roommate, planning to move in September 2017.Send me a message <name> ASAP. On questions about the neighborhood thegirl’s post asking for a roommate; "Jenna was living right between thosetwo areas (Buckhead and Midtown)” per a local member's post
August 15Tuesday, 16 Wednesday
•Parentsleft for Canada on Tuesday 15th per VI - Thread #1, post #958. Jenna agreed onhouse sitting. When did Jennaarrive? With her car? Did she meet her parents before they left? Was she ok? Parentsleft for Canada on Tuesday 15[SUP]th[/SUP] T1 #966 VI. Jenna agreed on house sitting and watch over theold dear cat. The cat needs medicine/is ill. Laundry list <of things wrongwith the cat>, but mostly old age (21) and some infections. Per VI - Thread#1, post #971
•Parentswere planning to stay in Canada until August 26, per VI - Thread #1, post #32
•Per VI -Thread #1, post #32, Jenna told vet and brother she would be there all weekend.Because she didn’t dare to give the medicine to the cat she was very attachedto, so vet could help her giving the medicine. Arrangement werebrother helping a.m., vet p.m. ? “We know she would have worked with meand the vet assistant (who didn't have a key to the house) if she had plannedto leave” per VI - Thread #1, post #32. Did she plan to leave. Did she had a tendency of doing that?
August 16, Wednesday
Additional FB posts on the16[SUP]th[/SUP], Jenna looking for a room/apartment…or reacting on advs

August 17, Thursday
•She had some friends over for asmall get together I believe Thursday night and didn't clean up the roomsupstairs. This info came out later from a friend that was over there. Right nowwe know of Jenna and 2 others that were at the house for sure that night.Trying to find out who else may have been there. Per VI - Thread #1, post #819 Still not knowing who was there according until WS posts # T2# 836

August 18, Friday
•Reacting on an advs… (the virginia highland/morningside ) Looking/reactingon new apartments/rooms. Per WS members T2, #783/#820 .
•Through access d.d. 8/31 on here-mail and Facebook on family finds out on what locations she was and whichlocations she searches for on google maps timeline, so the following timelineare bits and peace’s of information found during this search, getting morespecific during this thread and put in a logical order:
? a.m.
•I was atthe house Friday a.m to give the cat her meds, I remember seeing the car<Jenna’s car> there. Sorry guys I forgot I had muted this for a bit whenI was working on my job hunting. Per VI - Thread #1, post #804. I saw herFriday A.M that was that last time I saw her. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823. Inwhat state she was in? She seemed fine, no indication anything was out of theordinary, per VI - Thread #1, post #973. At what time? Were the friends alreadygone? Was mom’s car at the house? Didn't notice. My mom's car stays in theexternal garage in the back, where as Jenna's was in a visible parking spot inthe back. Per VI - Thread #1, post #841
2 p.m.
•Yes, medswere given that <Friday> afternoon. The vet assistant came by around 2 pmI believe. He did not have a key to the house either so Jenna had to be thereto let him in. Per VI -Thread #1, post #808. Has anyone talked to the vet aboutwhat she and the house seemed like?
4/5 p.m.
•Brother talked with Jenna on thephone that evening to confirm everything was ok for the rest of the weekend T1 #823 VI; At what time was this call made?,Per VI - Thread #1, post #825 Yes, I believe I spoke to her around 4-5 pm(vague memory on that) Brother does not know if she was at home <meaning at the parents’ home> Can’t you look at your own phone when youmade the call? My phone log on my phone only goes back to the 25th of Aug , perVI - Thread #1, post #,so brother can’t check exactly what time he called.

6 p.m.
Person 6 T2#324 Girlfriend was with Jenna that dayand took an Uber taxi home, before Jenna went out again. T2 #84VI Uber-girlfriend was with Jenna around6 p.m. The PI is going to speak again with this girl friendagain tomorrow to see if can nail down when she left Jenna exactly. T2 #540VI. Why she took a taxi, why did Jennanot bring her home? There were two cars available?

8-10 p.m.
•She was also in contact with oneother guy = person 3 that night on and of between 8 and 10pm. From interviewswith him. He advised her not to come to his part of town (college Park) with mymom's car, and that he would meet her closer to her apartment. According to himshe never showed. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823
•Person 3. T2 # 324 VI Is another guy friend she was supposed tomeet with Friday night in College Park but was told not come down with my Momscar, would meet her around Lindbergh area, but she never showed. This is theguy that I found with the Instagram profile that lead me to believe some kindof pimping or trafficking might be going on. He called twice at 11 and 11. 50that night (pocket dials). From interviews with him, according VI. At what time did they supposed tomeet up and where, around Lindbergh area seem pretty big to find somebody.
•I was able to access the voice mailearlier on it and found a pocket dial at 11.50 pm Friday. I have given thenumber to our p.i. I have been able to locate that number tied to an Instagramaccount with references to pimping and clubs on Cambelton Rd. Per VI - Thread#1, post #133. The number for the pocket dial was tied to an Instagram accountas well that leads me to believe something more is up. Also metro pcs number aswell. Any follow through? Don't know anymore on that. Who ever it was thatcalled at 11:30 left a 2 min long voice mail and their phone was in theirpocket. The Insta account that I found tied to that number and several ads thatset off an alarm that said person may be a pimp. However have heard nothingmore from police on this. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1102. Metro PCS line,pocket dial so it was just random sounds. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1107 The •Instagrammentioned above is not Jenna's Instagram. Per VI - Thread #1, post #189
•The family sent the P.I. to thataddress <townhome> and he talked to the guy there. How did the family know about thisguy in the first place? He said they had plans to meet for food but shenever made it down there. Older info.

? p.m.?
•Searched for an address on Googlepromptly after. We knowshe specifically searched for that town home address that Wednesday (could this be a typo?) and when Isearch more on her timeline that is the address that shows up (not her aptspecifically). It is a gated community (townhome) but it is literally behindher apt. Is this theex-boyfriends apartment? If she searched for it on Wednesday why search itagain as it was so close. I think she would remembered it where it was. Orcould somebody else have searched for it with her phone?

10 p.m.
•We know Friday night she had beenin contact with this person of interest = Person 1. T2 # 324 = Ex boyfriend,she broke up with in February via texting / calling / and seeinghim. According to him she came to his apartment Approx. 10 pm. Per VI - Thread#1, post #823. Where does thisperson live? Is it in the neighborhood/Area of English Ave? The place Jennastopped at 10 pm does not add up with the statement of the POI’s that she wasat his address at 10 a.m., because it is in a different area. •Olderinformation; Friend known now = Person 1. T2 # 324 VI talked to her brieflybefore she left (to where?)By media ….he told the police. Friday night she had left a friends place tocome home (what is home mean,her parents’ house or her own apartment) around 11 pm, in mother's car. Why in mother’s car? (per VI- Thread #1, post #32). He claims she wanted a relationship but he did notknowing the theft issue. Per VI - Thread #1, post #165.
Per VI T2 # 290. (sorry,missed this one too, adding) The ex is the one that also claimed she came by hisapartment that Friday night and he told her that the relationship wasn't goinganywhere . Now according to Google timeline she had not gone to his place at all that day. Unless it had beenafter 1130 pm (when the time line ends). He told us it was 11pm and he told thepolice / pi it was 10pm. That's what makes this suspicious. We also have sometips from others via email yesterday saying they know he was at my parentsFriday night (trying to verify) Was this cleared up? Or did theymean Thursday night at the get together at your parents’ house?
•Person 1: POI from last thread, washer "ex" as mentioned last night. The one we know had driven her carat one point. Was a security person at her old job Per VI T2 # 324

? p.m. ?
•New info found on 9/1, Thread #1,post #462 VI stated they had found information that she drove from townhomedown to midtown…Driving from there <town home> Ex-boyfriendsapartment? down to midtown (14th and Crecsent Ave) which is near Operanight club. If she didn’t goto the Opera night club, where was she going, what could be another destinationin that area? We do not know any more on this, VI. Per WS local member T2 # 823: Opera is considered midtown.

?
•This peace of the timeline isunsure; did she or did she notdrive to the Lindbergh area and met up with person 3 for food, as he stated shedidn’t show up. Reply by VI - Thread #1, post #829: At this pointhonestly I don't know. The police were supposed to check this town home butwon't tell me what they have found. The odd thing is the town home like I saidis behind her apt.
•The family sent the p.i to thataddress <townhome> and he talked to the guy there. He said they had plansto meet for food but she never made it down there. Per VI - Thread #1, post#408. At what time did theyhad an appointment? What kind of relationship they had? Where is this townhome and isthere in any way to prove that she (didn’t) went there (by phone signal,witness?)

10 p.m. ?
•Per Google maps timeline; per VI -Thread #1, post #848, she stopped in the Area of English Avenue (North andNorthside Drive) for about 5-6 minutes around 10 pm. Regarding English Ave stopalso mentioned: No specifics only Google maps Timeline. Google maps timelineshows she drove to Wendy’s. Inwhich car? The place Jenna stopped at 10 pm does not add up with the statementof the POI that she was at his address at 10 pm., because it is in a differentarea.

10:30 p.m.
•We believe so as a verifiedfriend has spoken to her that night late around 10:30 and he recalls herdriving my mom's car. Per VI - Thread #1, post #604 Is it possible to pinpoint where he saw her?

11.00 p.m.
•Pocket Dial fromPerson 3, T2 # 324 VI By voicemail on Metro pcs Jenna. Number (also a metro pcs number) is tied to anInstagram account with references to pimping and clubs on Cambelton Rd .

11.30 p.m.
•After that noactivity, all activity end on 11.30 p.m. Meaning google maps timeline? This hasto be switched off then. Added by me. Per VI - Thread #1, post #404 &Thread #1, post #406 Per VI T2 # 290. (Sorry I missed this,fFnow adding) About ex-boyfriend: unlessit had been after 1130 pm (when the time line ends). He told us it was 11pm andhe told the police / pi it was 10pm. Curious!!!

Ca. 11.45 -12.00 a.m
•She had also been in contact withher friend in S.C = person 5 T2 # 324 VI around 11:45 pm
•Another friend = person 5, said shehad a conversation with Van Gelderen. From media on Saturday <after Friday12pm> So at present it seems the SC friend was the last to speak to J at 11.45p.m. /12.00 approx. The LE has spoken to the S.C. friend, as well as the p.iand my parents. She did not know where Jenna was. Per VI - Thread #1, post #839Did she tell what wasdiscussed? Incoming/outgoing, we don'tknow that.

? p.m.?
•Seen with an unidentified malepassenger in her mother’s car. Per flyer on Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen FBpage (LINK) https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/posts/114525529221725
and post (LINK) https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/posts/114445735896371
Bywhom, where and what time?

11:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
•We know a littleafter this she has gone to that Wendys then back to either her apartment orthis town home I mentioned earlier. It is right behind her apartment. Could beGoogle error. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823 We assume she made it back toparents house somewhere between 1130 and 130 am. Again I don't know on this asher timeline activity dies around then with her going down to midtown. So we donot know for sure what happened around then. Per VI - Thread #1, post #823 •Timeline activity off after going down tomidtown. Family does not know if she went back to the house and if she did onwhat time, with or without somebody and if and when she left again with her own car and if somebody else waswith her. Post T2 #53 VI
•According to everyoneshe had returned to my parents place that night. Per VI - Thread #1, post #308 How do they know that? Wedon't know but it just feels.like either a person is missing in the puzzle orthat someone was lying about seeing her that night Per VI-T2, #150.

11.50 a.m.
• By voicemail onMetro pcs Jenna: pocket dial fromsomebody. Number (also a metro pcs number) is tied to an Instagram account withreferences to pimping and clubs on Cambelton Rd = Person 3

1.30 a.m.
•IPhone on Tmobilegoing into power saving mode around 1:30 am as all tracking info seems to stopthen. On her iPhone, it appears she had iCloud tracking off as well as GoogleTime Line not enabled from the get go. Post T2 #53 VI

2 a.m.
•Jenna had sent a textto a friend = Person 5 T2 # 324 VI (T-mobile account, to baby-sit friend inSouth Carolina) saying ‘Laying down’ She <the S.C. friend> has not seenher either up that way. Per VI - Thread #1, post #32 & Thread #1, post#183. Why they had contact that late? Per VI - Thread #1, post #186, they were always in contact through textseven late at night , but she was never informed by Jenna of her whereabouts. Itis not a fact that Jenna text this message herself, could have done by somebodyelse having her phone. Add by me.
•Trough media was saidthat person 5 was underway to Jenna….was said quoted by ex-boyfriend. She<person 5> had never mentioned tous about coming down to that day and it’s not in the report, so really not surewhere that came from.

Debit card use duringFriday, Aug 18
4 stops atgas stations Is there any info on what she purchased …info from debit card, howmuch money was taken? Are there CCTV footages? In what car? Per MSM - LINK, afamily-friend posted on the Help Find Jenna Facebook page. The last placesJenna used her debit card on Friday, Aug 18:
- Texaco @ N Decatur Rd
- DeKalb Industrial Chevron @ Cheshire Bridge
- 11.pm. LaVista Wendy's @ 1940 Piedmont Roadshe was at the gas station at Lavista and Cheshire Bridge around 11PM, infofrom Facebooksite. Also mentioned earlier in the thread Cheshire and Lavistaroad, BP? I guess this is verynear to Wendy’s. Also an exit to Lindbergh. Did she might have planned to seeperson 3 after all? …are these names all refer to the same approx.location? Per VI - Thread #1, post #825: with regards to any of the gasstations that were mapped earlier we do not have any more info on those. Theonly thing really confirmed is that Wendy's based on the straw wrapper in mymom's car / passenger seat pushed back.
- Chevron @ N Decatur Rd & Clairemont
Is there any info on what she persuaded …info fromdebet card, how much money was taken? Are there CCTV footages? Was there a carseen?
•GoogleMaps Timeline can be inaccurate, per this member's post. Seems like the area isvery unlikely to loose signals, but….also you have to put on ‘Location History’in Google Maps Timeline before it registered your whereabouts through a deviceand you can add/change it yourself. Per another member's post.
•Per MSM -LINK, Jenna talked to her mother twice a day. Also on august 18th? Or wereparents traveling on that day? How was contact with mother made, by phone,Facebook, did she came to parents house twice a day, other way?
•According to VI - Thread #1, post #412, theFBI talked to this townhome guy and his story was checked out. I really wonder what this story is….Open question stays why is FBI involved, does family knows? Per WS member T2 # 917 We've had FBI show up at some of our searchesjust to keep an eye on the case. Missing child, missing person, abduction,human trafficking all get their interest, and some homicides. They haveresources they can provide too, to assist local LE. (haven't reached that postyet..... so just a comment that it doesn't mean it is an FBI case a federalcase or anything, sometimes they just take an interest and ask the detectivesto keep them posted).
•The phonenumber of the townhome guy <ex-boyfriend,person 1> seems not the same as the pocket call number <person3>. Per VI - Thread #1, post #414
•She was driving in her mums carthat evening a dark red Mazda 3 sedan (2010). Per VI - Thread #1, post #462: Wealso know that she was in my mom’s cars is this a typo or does mum own morethan one car? most of that night, so she had to have come back (with someone weassume) to have the cars switched. What was the reason she used mums car? Weare still trying to piece together why Jenna was driving my mom's car Friday,like if she loaned hers to a friend etc. We still do not know, however policenever finger printed it. Per VI - Thread #1, post #594
•Per VI T2 # 290. (sorry,missed this, now adding) The only thing that really makes sense to me is that Friday we know shehad been driving my mom's car.
Only reason I can think ofis that
A) she didn't have enough gas in her car
B) she had let someone else drive it. We have2 of her friends that have told us that this "ex" / our original poihad taken her car for a day early August and wouldn't return it.

August 19,Saturday
•Brothercalled at around 9:30 am to Jenna. I tried calling her that morning and her phone rang then went tovoice mail. Had assumed she was sleeping in.
•Thevet/assistant came to the house Saturday morning at ? a.m., Jenna not there anddoor was locked. She had told both of us she was going to be around all weekend Per VI - Thread #1, post #815 He <the vet> tried to callJenna and the phone was dead. Alsono voicemail anymore? At what time did the vet arrived at the parent’s house oralarmed brother and parents The door was locked and he <the vet>? I wassupposed to come by only that Saturday a.m, is this a mix up in days ? but not the rest of theweekend due to other plans Per VI - Thread #1, post #1100. We didn't know thatmorning she was missing for sure . My parents and I both got calls from the vetassistant that he wasn't able to get in and her phone was now dead.
•Brothergoes to parents house, arrives there at 10.30 am (Per VI - Thread #1, post#160), to give the cat meds. (from flyer and posts brother) Came by the houseand she was not there and then assumed she may have just run out quickly for anerrand.
•Laterbrother noticing both phones are gone from the parents’ house and off. Going straight to voicemail or completely dead? It wasn't until that night (Saturday)when he was at a wedding that they realized something was wrong, per VI -Thread #1, post #817
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/missing-georgia-woman-jenna-van-gelderen-s-vehicle-found-she-n802306 According to this article her socalled friend she was going to meet on the 19[SUP]th[/SUP] mentioned in themedia is confusing. I think that theymean a family-friend, namely the vet. •New to VI and he confirmed not knowing fromanybody else than the vet would come to the house. Per VI T2 # 508 That'swhat I am thinking. I don't think the media got it correct, because I'm notaware of any conversation where her s.c friend or another friend said they werecoming by on the 19[SUP]th[/SUP] The vet assistant was the only one coming by. I hope the media isn't twisitjng things tomake their own narrative
Interviewwith Family http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dekalb-county/missing-dekalb-county-woman-disappeared-while-housesitting/599493475
•Jenna notat the house
•Doorlocked (deadbolt was locked, per VI - Thread #1, post #608)
•No sign offorced entry
•TV-on
•Lights on
•Charger atthe house
•Pair ofshoes at the house
•Jenna’scar gone (2010, Blue Mazda 6 sedan, license plate PWH5029, Noticeable scratcheson driver side, dent on top of the trunk, and missing cross bar on the frontgrille) Is the car listed as stolen by now?
•Jenna’sphone and purse not at the house
•Motherscar at home (dark red Mazda 3 sedan (2010)
•House insome disarray what kind? Jenna had people over Thursday night for a gettogether and rooms upstairs were not cleaned up, per VI - Thread #1, post #819
•Noevidence of struggle
•Tapestry(moreof an Egyptian khayamiya, as a WS member suggested) missing (It was an Egyptiantapestry / buffet cover from around WWII.) Never had been appraised so don'tknow the worth, but it’s a very odd thing to take. Per VI - Thread #1, post #53
•It is frommy Grandfather / WWII era. It’s not something we ever really talked about. ButI do know that it was quite faded, and had a lot of birds on it. Retrieving itisn't so much important, but rather if anyone had tried to sell it to a pawnshop / craigslist in the past few days. Per VI - Thread #1, post #154
•Thetapestry that is missing is part of a set 2x end table covers (what is <thepicture> posted <and shown in this video>) and a buffet cover that wasframed. The buffet cover is what is missing and very similar to this <thepicture posted> Per VI - Thread #1, post #131. Approx. 2 feet by five feet(approx. 61 cm x 152 cm)
•Tapestrywas in a heavy frame, carefully removed by breaking a small piece of the glassand frame hung back on the wall. The frame definitely takes 2 people to putback up. Glass on the frame appears to have been cleaned as well, very odd.Taken from frame, sharper picture available is a same kind of cloth but not theitem itself, per VI - Thread #1, post #53
•I shouldmention on that picture frame, the missing piece of glass was still on theframe when I found it. It fell out when we and the police took the frame downto inspect and due to safety kept it off. Per VI - Thread #1, post #262
•What aboutthe missing suitcase? Suitcase found later in trunk of Jenna’s car, infofurther on in this post When did the parents notice that a suitcase wasmissing? That's so weird because my parents were the ones that noticed the suitcase gone 2 days later from when I gave the statement. I've been a littleaggravated today that our statements are not right and thus transferring to themedia, per VI - Thread #1, post #279. How big was the suitcase? Big enough totransfer a person in? What do you think she took in the suitcase? Do you knowthe dimensions please? (Height width and length, colour, make, fabric etc) Didshe bring the missing suitcase with her or was it in the house? What about asuitcase or bag she brought over for her housesitting for the two week period.Don't have an answer to any of this as stated. My parents noticed it <thesuitcase> was gone. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1108. Honestly, don't know andmy parents were going to check on this. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1092
•AboutJenna’s clothes missing or left at parents’ house; some clothes were at myparents still and some were given back to us from her apartment. No idea whatall she took if anything in that suitcase. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1089
Most of herclothes, shoes and other stuff was found in the trunk of the car, except alight green T-Shirt “San Antonio” Jennawas wearing during the day on Friday 9/18. Now next part is that my parentsbought Jenna a green T shirt from San Antonio on their last Vacation. Jenna hadbeen wearing that shirt that week, and can confirm from her girlfriend thatJenna was wearing that Friday night before changing to go back out. We do notsee this shirt in her stuff in the car, in her room at my parents nor from thestuff at the apartment. So I'm thinking maybe she put this back on late Friday/ early Saturday morning before she disappeared T2 #540 VI.
•Noactivity on social media accounts, bank accounts, phone….. (since the day shedisappeared)……after ? could family, LE established a time?
•Bothphones (T-mobile and Metro pcs) are missing and off.
•Toiletriesand what not were still in the bathroom, per VI - Thread #1, post #53
•WereJenna’s glasses found in parents’ house?
•Throughaccess on her mails and Facebook on 8/31 family finds out that on 8/19 therewas no activity.
August 20,Sunday 2017
•It wasn'tuntil that night <Saturday/Sunday> when I was at a wedding that werealized something was wrong. Per VI - Thread #1, post #817
•Sundaythey helped me (from Canada) to begin the process of the missing personsreport. Per VI - Thread #1, post #817
•It was onSunday also that I had just noticed the tapestry missing. Per VI - Thread #1,post #817
•Reportedmissing by brother
August 21,22, 23, 24
•Family isfinding more out about the apartment /address Jenna lived/stayed through P.I.and LE. Family is trying to find out about roommate….He doesn’t want to workwith family. Says no to parents, per VI - Thread #1, post #193
•Maleroommate says no access to the apartment. Told the family they need a warrant,per VI - Thread #1, post #173. Who is this person and why have difficulties?How did Jenna get acquainted with this person and decide to live with him? Wereally know nothing on this apartment or how she met that guy that lives there.We had asked her several times where she was staying and all she ever mentionedis that a "friend" was letting her crash on the couch. Per VI -Thread #1, post #994 It was the NEW home owner thatrequested them. The property was never searched while the "friend "lived there to my knowledge. Posted by WS member T2 # 925…not confirmed…
MOO
•We justdon't know on this. We tried to have her <Jenna> tell us but she wouldnot. Really starting to wonder about him as well and if he may be tied tosomething in this. Per VI -Thread #1, post #150
•Distancebetween her apartment and the pet store she worked at in February 2017 is a 6minute walk.
I dont knowanything about him <roommate>, he wouldn't talk to us much. Just said hetold Jenna it was only supposed to be temporary until she found a better placeT2 #299 VI
August 25,Friday
•Brothertalks to police about access to Jenna’s apartment. Her roommate won't allow usto, need the local police to go over there, but it’s been a week now and theystill have not spoken to the roommate (according to them Friday) per VI onSunday - Thread #1, post #147
August 26,Saturday
•Familygets news that she is found that night, but it turned out to be not correct.Per VI - Thread #1, post #32. Parents planned to come home "thisSaturday" but returned earlier.
August 27,Sunday
•We have afew neighbors that have videos from their systems pointed at the street,unfortunately nothing directly on our street. Per VI - Thread #1, post #102
August 28,Monday
•Thismorning with this new info it seems so now they are taking it more seriously<checking apartment Jenna, strange behavior roommate> per VI - Thread #1,post #180
August 29, Tuesday
•CandlelightVigil for Jenna Van Gelderen 7:30 PM ·Congregation Shearith Israel - Atlanta ·Atlanta, GA – http://atlantajewishtimes.timesofisrael.com/jewish-atlantan-25-missing-since-aug-19/
•Apartmenthas not been searched as far as I know unless done today. Per VI - Thread #1,post #290
•Apartmentis not in the same LE jurisdiction as the parents’ home (DeKalb and FultonCounty)
August 30,Wednesday
•Believeour LE has made contact with roommate and <we> should be hearing soon ifhe <policeman> is going to visit the apt finally! Per VI - Thread #1,post #349
•I foundher laptop the other day, she stopped using it months ago as It won't turn on.Turned it over to the police to see if they can find anything on the drive thatmay help. Per VI - Thread #1, post #357. Did this bring leads to go on?
•So Idiscovered today that Jenna for sure had iMessage enabled at least I believeso. I tried from my Mac to send her a text via iMessage to her phone number andit was delivered but not read. I have gotten access to 2 icloud accounts nowwith old emails that she had and using the security questions. Per VI - Thread#1, post #360. Did this bring leads to go on?
•Brother istrying to find out more about her e-mail accounts/Apple ID site. I've tried the2 known emails that we have for her and no luck. Per VI - Thread #1, post #365
•Ok I gotin finally. I had been going to iCloud.com. I managed to figure out the rightemail from the Apple ID site and it shows her phone and phone no as a listeddevice. I have an old iPad that I'm restoring with her account info. It lookslike though and this is odd, it says no back ups of apps and data available.All contacts and messages are wiped and photos only show January of this yearand prior. Could this have something to do what happened in February at the Petstore or be related to the supposed violent boyfriend back in February? It'slike she turned off all back-up settings or someone wiped a lot of her phone.Per VI - Thread #1, post #367. Maybe somebody could change this stuff to a morecomprehending text, because this is out of my league.
•About thesupposed violent boyfriend back in February; We have just heard through thegrapevine of this but she would never tell us of this guy, there hasn't beenany contact from him or her in a while that we could find on the phone logsthough. Per VI - Thread #1, post #375
•Police isgoing to interview friend(s) about the possible violent boyfriend she was within February. (my interpretation bases on content of the post) Yup, p.i andpolice are interviewing today. Per VI - Thread #1, post #373
•Policevisited Jenna’s apartment. We got her stuff back yesterday <d.d.8/30> .Doesn't sound like they got anything of interest out of going over there.Posted on 8/31 by VI - Thread #1, post #391. Needless to say that they didn’tfind Jenna at the apartment. Were there only clothes, was there anything elseretrieved from the apartment? Did she really had a room/bed there? What was thestate of this room? Any signs that she had been there/lived there? Did the socalled roommate really lived there? What happened to the rent? Yes, and theybrought a small box of clothes back to the house, that’s all she has apparentlythere. The apartment really lacked any major furniture other than a couch and afew other things. Which is odd. T2 # 295 VI
•Aboutbringing the roommate for questioning and found items: Not aware of it, soundslike she just had some clothes there and that’s it. But again who knows at thispoint. I could speculate that the roommate got rid of stuff. Working to findout more this a.m. Still sounds so fishy to me. Per VI - Thread #1, post #395
August 31,Thursday
•Hey guyssorry for the silence this morning. We have gotten access to her emails andFacebook through some nifty work with T-Mobile. Google has a handy feature nowcalled time line in Google maps. If anyone has used before it's creepy but veryhandy. Per VI - Thread #1, post #397
•The familyhas finally access to her mails and Facebook. VI writes about this Thread #1,post #401 & Thread #1, post #404. We have gotten access to her emails andFacebook through some nifty work with T-Mobile. Google has a handy feature nowcalled timeline in Google maps. It shows right now her entire history oflocations and whereabouts for Friday the 18, including locations she search onmaps. Sat 19 no activity

T? means thread, new info added in red. Open questions in blue.....

September1, Friday
•Soupdates.. long day yesterday <d.d.9/1> The tricky part right now isfiguring out the last few hours before her activity ends. There is thisapartment / townhome I mentioned. Still figuring out the deal with that andthen I discovered that the timeline goes a bit more and shows driving fromthere down to midtown (14th and Crecsent Ave) which is near Opera night club.We also know that she was in my mom’s car most of that night, so she had tohave come back (with someone we assume) to have the cars switched. Per VI -Thread #1, post #462. <because her mother’s car was at the parents’house>
September2, Saturday, September 3, Sunday
September4, Monday
•There is a$10,000 reward for info leading to her return per Help Find Jenna FB site -LINK
September5, Tuesday
Jenna’s Carfound, but not made public (for obvious reasons) Car parked along Defoor Placeoff Chattahoochee Avenue in Northwest Atlanta. Tip came through email.
http://atlantajewishtimes.timesofisrael.com/car-not-woman-found/
‘Whiledriving to her gym, a Morningside woman who was following the case spotted thecar parked along Defoor Place off Chattahoochee Avenue in NW Atlanta. Jenna’sfather, Leon Van Gelderen, met police at the scene but honored a police requestto keep quiet about the discovery for more than a week’
‘DeKalbpolice are reviewing video footage from the scene. “There’s a video camera onone of the buildings across the street from where the car was, but they haven’ttold us what they found on there.”
September6, Wednesday
September7, Thursday
•There is aperson of interest (officially?)Personsname known by family. 33 years old and about 6 feet, working in security, knownto Jenna, probably February from Pet shop. <I want to be careful about thedetails>
•Hey guyssorry for the absence this week. Been trying to refocus on my own job search.We have a person of interest. He is the last person to see her that Fridaynight and his stories keep changing on when and where he saw her and haspreviously been at the house and driven Jenna's car according to friends.<modsnip> <I can’t put name up here> We have an email tip line aswell FindJennaNow@gmail.com. Per VI - Thread #1, post #742
September11, Monday
•The familygot a response from the Police Chief and commissioner. Hopefully will bemeeting with him to go over how this case has been handled and where we can gofrom here. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1109. I wish I could give more updates,but I don't have any :/
•The familystill not met up with LE
•About howLE is handling the case: Why is police holding up, do they know more? Whywithhold information? I'm not sure what they think at this point. I mean theydid ask me if she had a box full of money and could have just left to go liveoff the grid. Again this all goes back to the cat, she would have never leftthe cat unattended like she did. Police have been very quiet which is why weare meeting with the Chief. We are so very torn and frustrated about how thiswhole case has been handled. We have given the info to the police, a lot ofinfo, but we don't know what they are doing with it, other than Friday just nowseeing a judge to get a warrant to read emails /facebook / texts etc eventhough we gave them that stuff over a week ago. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1119.We have many times now <asked straight out the police what they thinkhappened> and can’t get a straight answer. I know this department is spreadthin in this county which sucks also. Per VI - Thread #1, post #1134
September,13 Wednesday
•The family still not meet up withLE, per VI - Thread #1, post #1230
We finally spoke with LE again justa bit ago. All the contacts we have that were with her or had seen her thatweek are cooperating and not running from the Police, even after severalinterviews with police. Sounds like they are just as frustrated as we are, butstill cannot tell us much more from the investigation T2 #13 VI

September, 15 Friday
Big update! Car has been found<actually it was found on the 5[SUP]th[/SUP], but because of the ongoinginvestigation not previously made public> and is being processed by Dekalbpolice. Only thing we know at this point is that no windows were smashed, butdriver's seat was pushed all the way back. Per VI – T2 # 121 Correct and it wasmy dad who noticed before the car was even opened / picked up that the driverseat was all the way back. T2 #446 VI. Per VI- T2 # 489 Notreclined all the way back like for sleeping. Just seat rails all the way back,and the vertical height pushed all the way down . Jenna had also been driving my mom's car thatnight so unless she went home switched cars and then went back out to go sleepin her car somewhere , I don't know how that would work ?

• Carwas found in a parking lot in town off Defoors Ave in Atlanta, for people thatknow the area. Not a sketchy area, very modern and up and coming area. T2 # 121VI
  • I'vealso asked if any neighbors of the area who may have Street facing camera checktheir footage as well. T2 #446 VI
  • LeonVan Gelderen said DeKalb County Police Chief James Conroy has been nice and isactively involved in the case.
  • Butso far with her car. Almost all of her belongings are in the car. After shemoved out she had pretty much been keeping everything in the trunk (clothes,shoes, day bags etc) all inthe car except her wallet and phones . Did find a digital voice recorderthough that she had from school to study and a pocket taser in her day bag. Notsure on those maybe she use the recorder recently, batteries dead though. T2#441 VI.
  • “Thanksto Chief Conroy of Dekalb Pd for spending several hours with us today. He assuresus they are diligently working the case,” Van Gelderen posted on his personalFacebook page Friday, Sept. 15.
  • Update9/15 Facebook: Car has been found! It is being processed by Dekalb police, nofurther information until they finish. Jenna still missing.
  • Atthat moment it’s unknown if Jenna was familiar with that area Per VI -T2 #128 Don't know specifically, we can onlyspeculate. The area is a mix ofresidential and business, I don't know what specific lot it was found it, but Iknow there are a few apartments with in distance as well as a wells fargo onthat same road Per VI-T2 # 465: We don't knowthe connection on that area. There could be a connection or none at all orsomeone who went for a joy ride. I am hoping some neighbors come forward withvideo footage
  • Closingin on the payment made by Jenna through Western Union; Yes, we have the nameson who she sent the payments to, and its being reviewed as well T2 #132 VI
  • Thelocation the car was found is on the other side of town from where all the gasstations and her apartment are and is even further from her parent’s home. Theclosest two locations that we were told from google timeline would be the 14thand crescent stop by Opera and the Northside and North Ave stop near EnglishAve. T2 #158 Local WS member.
  • Heyeveryone. I have clarified the car was on Defoor Place right off of DefoorsAve, on the street. Police initially said a lot, however my dad confirmed sincehe also went down there when it was found, it was on the street.
http://www.atlanta-detox.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/map-of-the-Bluff.png don’t know how accurate this map is can’t verify.
September19, Tuesday
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/missing-in-georgia/woman-vanishes-car-found-empty/476644040

• Insideher car that was out of gas, I don’t think so…..media thing??yielded zerofingerprints nor clues. Nearby store security camera videos in the areaprovided police with no further leads.
  • Forthe record: media stated door was unlocked…Family corrected this with11alive..door was deadbolt locked.
  • Theychecked mom’s car for Fingerprints; Yes for finger prints have not heard yetwhat they found T2 # 225 VI Finger prints should be in the car. I agree, butaccording to what the police said in the news articles there where none. If sothat means someone wiped it down
  • CNNTV interview with parents.
September20, Friday

• Wehave picked up the car today and will need some time to go through it. Her suitcase, with clothes other shoes are in the trunk. I can tell though that thedriver seat was pushed all the way back and fully down (not how she would havedriven it). Where side mirrors and mirror up front also changed? I also foundan iPhone 7 lightning to headphone adapter on the driver seat. Jenna had aniPhone SE which did not need this, im not sure if that is relevant or not yet.T2 # 355 VI We also know now her ID / credit cards How come…she had only debit cards? were in the car Per VI, T2 # 920 Per Vi, T2 # 971: She onlyhad a debit card. No credit cards at this current time nor have any been openedthat we can find.
  • They did check cameras around the area but haven't found anything usefulyet. Per VI, T2 # 939
  • About questions what was or was not in her car: Per VI T2 #976: Purse / day bag yes found in car. We askedabout the keys yesterday and the Chief said he needed to check again. Per VI T2# 980: Both < <housekeys parents and car-keys> she had them on a lanyard.
  • Was lanyard found in the car? PerVI, T2 # 982
CNN videotranscript http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...9/ptab.01.html
September, 27 About a search for Jenna
Per VI, T2 # 789
Hey guys has anyone on here organized a searchparty before? I've had a few requests to get one going.

Some areas we can check
1) Area where car was found
2) Around her apartment
3) Around parents neighborhood

The area around the car might be more important,
I think we still need to figure out if this was her destination or if someonehad found her car, went for a joy ride and left it there

Per VI T2 # 799. Thankyou! I emailed the police if they recommend this. Will hopefully have an updatetomorrow

September 28 T2 # 873
A couple of updates fromyesterday.
Regarding the search, Ispoke with police and they said they did a door to door search to thebusinesses and homes around the area where her car was found. They said we arewelcome to search the area some more, but that they do not think this locationwas the initial destination.

I had been given a tip about a missingvulnerable adult altert, which is basically an amber alert for adults withcognitive disorders. This is something I had hoped the LE would have lookedinto early on. They are looking into her diagnosis to see if this qualifies

Lastly, we may have figured out why she wasdriving my moms car that night from a tip from a friend of hers. Her autoinsurance payment had not been made on her car yet for Aug 1st. One of thosethings I wish I had looked into early on.

Per VI, T2 # 920 Thesubpoenas for both phones should be arriving any day now which will includelast ping locations. The police did do a door to door search and dog search ofthe area around the car and have been reviewing video footage from the localbusinesses. We also know now her ID / credit cards were in the car

The angels will have her back, carry her, and guyed her....and you Subie and family...*advertiser censored*

I have observed on other cases and am fairly familiar with the rules, but should I post something that I am not supposed to please let me know!

I have read through the previous threads and my heart goes out to the Van Gelderen family, particularly Subie, as well as Jenna's friends.

As I read through Subie's posts and updates, I began to develop a theory regarding Subie's mention of Person #3 (The guy Jenna was supposed to meet in the Lindbergh area with the Instagram profile that appeared related to pimping or trafficking.) I started to think about trafficking and the known locations for debit card usage and started looking into strip clubs in these areas. Here is what I found:

(1) Wendy's - Address: 1940 Piedmont Road

Surrounding adult clubs:
Platinum 21 - Address: 1905 Piedmont Road
Tattletail - Address: 2075 Piedmont Road
Living Dolls - 2159 Piedmont Road
Gold Room - 2416 Piedmont Road & Lindbergh

(2) Chevron at Cheshire Bridge & LaVista - Address: 2319 Cheshire Bridge Road

Surrounding Adult Clubs:

Tease - 2284 Cheshire Bridge Road
Doll House - 2050 Cheshire Bridge Road

I also started to think that maybe the debit purchases were to get cash back. Maybe to pay a cover to get into these clubs? I am in no way implying she was working there, rather that she may have been looking for someone who frequents these establishments. I only wonder if the amounts withdrawn were synonymous with covers into these clubs.

<modsnip>

I also recall a posting about a stop, maybe from the Google Timeline, that showed English Avenue and Northside Drive. There are no less than six adult clubs in this general area.

I also wondered about the previously abusive boyfriend (Person #1 noted by Subie). I have to wonder if he had a different role in her life. And, then Person #4 (the guy Jenna was making payments to for several years and stopped)--could he have been a pimp? (To Jenna's family and friends who are reading there is no accusation or judgement here, I am only bouncing questions and theories in hopes of finding Jenna.

As a former domestic violence and sexual assault advocate in Georgia, I am aware the statistics on trafficking and have sat and personally heard these girls and women tell their stories. According to the FBI, in any given month 300 girls are trafficked in Atlanta!

I can only hope that LE is looking into trafficking as a possible scenario in this case. And, Subie, if your sister has been trafficked there are a plethora of resources that can help you locate her and help her once she is home.

I have observed on other cases and am fairly familiar with the rules, but should I post something that I am not supposed to please let me know!

I have read through the previous threads and my heart goes out to the Van Gelderen family, particularly Subie, as well as Jenna's friends.

As I read through Subie's posts and updates, I began to develop a theory regarding Subie's mention of Person #3 (The guy Jenna was supposed to meet in the Lindbergh area with the Instagram profile that appeared related to pimping or trafficking.) I started to think about trafficking and the known locations for debit card usage and started looking into strip clubs in these areas. Here is what I found:

Surrounding adult clubs:

Surrounding Adult Clubs:

I also started to think that maybe the debit purchases were to get cash back. Maybe to pay a cover to get into these clubs? I am in no way implying she was working there, rather that she may have been looking for someone who frequents these establishments. I only wonder if the amounts withdrawn were synonymous with covers into these clubs.

<modsnip>

I also recall a posting about a stop, maybe from the Google Timeline, that showed English Avenue and Northside Drive. There are no less than six adult clubs in this general area.

I also wondered about the previously abusive boyfriend (Person #1 noted by Subie). I have to wonder if he had a different role in her life. And, then Person #4 (the guy Jenna was making payments to for several years and stopped)--could he have been a pimp? (To Jenna's family and friends who are reading there is no accusation or judgement here, I am only bouncing questions and theories in hopes of finding Jenna.

As a former domestic violence and sexual assault advocate in Georgia, I am aware the statistics on trafficking and have sat and personally heard these girls and women tell their stories. According to the FBI, in any given month 300 girls are trafficked in Atlanta!

I can only hope that LE is looking into trafficking as a possible scenario in this case. And, Subie, if your sister has been trafficked there are a plethora of resources that can help you locate her and help her once she is home.

Wow! Interesting to see how close these strip clubs are to the locations of debit card use! I have thought all along the purchases that night were to get cash back but of course have no real evidence to back that up-MOO!

Also, it's possible Jenna wasn't the one using her debit card & maybe someone else who knew her pin # was using it to get cash to pay the cover into these strip clubs.

All guesses at this point but great info you provided! :)

Thinking of Jenna today! I'm planning on going to the Zonolite Park tomorrow, which is a small but overgrown (and not very frequented) park here in Atlanta, not too far from where her apartment is and not too far from the parents' house either. In fact, it's kind of between them. I can't help but feel like I want to do my part to try to help find Jenna. I feel so frustrated at the slow pace of LE on this case!

Surrounding adult clubs:

Surrounding Adult Clubs:

<modsnip>

Wohhhh sharp!!

Surrounding adult clubs:

There is also Onyx, directly around the corner from that Wendy's.

Wow! Interesting to see how close these strip clubs are to the locations of debit card use! I have thought all along the purchases that night were to get cash back but of course have no real evidence to back that up-MOO!

Also, it's possible Jenna wasn't the one using her debit card & maybe someone else who knew her pin # was using it to get cash to pay the cover into these strip clubs.

All guesses at this point but great info you provided! :)

I still am :confused: as to the debit card purchases towards the east... towards Clarkston/Scottsdale to 285 and Stone Mountain/ Conyers areas IIRC on North Decatur Road. Does someone have an approved map to throw back up here on this thread ?

I seem to recall thinking when I first saw the stations, one was on the westbound side, and one was later on the eastbound side? We don't know the order, but don't most folks turn right into a station?

TIA

I still am :confused: as to the debit card purchases towards the east... towards Clarkston/Scottsdale to 285 and Stone Mountain/ Conyers areas IIRC on North Decatur Road. Does someone have an approved map to throw back up here on this thread ?

I seem to recall thinking when I first saw the stations, one was on the westbound side, and one was later on the eastbound side? We don't know the order, but don't most folks turn right into a station?

TIA

I think you're correct. What has to happen for a map to be approved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're correct. What has to happen for a map to be approved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dunno: but a map which mods didn't delete previously was what I was referring to when I asked for "approved". If it's been up for more than a few days, and not deleted, perhaps ok by mods is what I meant.

Surrounding adult clubs:

Surrounding Adult Clubs:

<modsnip>

I am unable to speak to the other clubs, but Doll House is no longer open in that location. Cheshire Bridge is a rapidly evolving area in that light. I admit I don't have the general feeling that she was trafficked, but in any case, what scenario would involve her being trafficked and going to several different strip clubs that day? And if she were, would she need cover to get in, if she were "working" if you will, especially early in the evening? I also think Jenna was with a friend (Uber girl) for some of this time period. And finally, there is no clear sign of her past 1130 or so, which is quite early when it comes to that sort of establishment. I've heard that Atlanta is something of a destination when it comes to gentlemen's clubs (lived here for 15 years) so while in some ways that could make it seem more likely that she was trafficked, it also means that at any given location in the city of Atlanta, you're never too far from a strip club. She is also not your typical demographic for most clubs around here (short, average body Jewish girl) and is thought to have been in a t shirt and yoga pants, although that's far from certain. I don't know; I could see her doing some questionable things to get petty cash or drugs from a specific someone, but it's harder for me to imagine her being pimped out or dancing, especially if her parents were there for her to lean on for housing and cash.

I see now you're suggesting that she was looking for someone--this is a bit more likely to me. Perhaps for substances, or the guy that I think of as "friends with benefits"? I think it's been said that the card was used for small purchases inside the stations. It would be interesting to know more specifically; my guess is cigarettes or drinks. Not sure how likely it is that it was cash back for covers.

It's clear that Jenna had people in her life that were Bad News; it's less clear to me what would motivate them to potentially harm and hide her.

I see now you're suggesting that she was looking for someone--this is a bit more likely to me. Perhaps for substances, or the guy that I think of as "friends with benefits"? I think it's been said that the card was used for small purchases inside the stations. It would be interesting to know more specifically; my guess is cigarettes or drinks. Not sure how likely it is that it was cash back for covers.

It's clear that Jenna had people in her life that were Bad News; it's less clear to me what would motivate them to potentially harm and hide her.

I'm not the OP, but I still am hung up on why anyone would go to 4-5 gas stations in one day. Even for a drink/soda, cigarrettes, gas. (We've not heard that she smokes cigarettes) If someone wanted cash from a debit card, do such at a bank all at once vs. being limited as to cash back at a gas station.

WHY? And weren't all different brands of stations? In the metro area, that sticks out to me that they were all different brands as I would think most people have a predilection for one brand... awwww, but at that age.. :dunno:

The gas stations off North Decatur Road still peak my interest as to how those locations fit in. If at the beginning of the day, and end of the timeframe.... it speaks volumes to me as a local.

Yet we have seen posted and discussed that the last ones were near the city central vs. towards 285/North Decatur Road.

ETA: And I'm also so curious as to the day that the news in SW Georgia picked up (Columbus area and another one) it was the highest traffic on this thread.. IIRC it peaked above 70 folks here after those two media outlets in SW Georgia published.

I'm not the OP, but I still am hung up on why anyone would go to 4-5 gas stations in one day. Even for a drink/soda, cigarrettes, gas. (We've not heard that she smokes cigarettes) If someone wanted cash from a debit card, do such at a bank all at once vs. being limited as to cash back at a gas station.

WHY?
EBM... the only reasons I can think of going to different gas stations is either
1...her card didnt work at 1st one, so off to try next one and so on...or
2. she was trying to see if she could get gas and pay later or "owe" and of course being turned down because tney said NO...
trust me, I saw it happen ..a gal came into a station because her niece used to work there, name dropped and then asked if someone would loan her money for gas or if she could get gas and pay later when she got paid (welfare, 1st of month) ..of course, clerk told her no. So just throwing options out here as to the "why" as this has me curious also.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

EBM... the only reasons I can think of going to different gas stations is either
1...her card didnt work at 1st one, so off to try next one and so on...or
2. she was trying to see if she could get gas and pay later or "owe" and of course being turned down because tney said NO...
trust me, I saw it happen ..a gal came into a station because her niece used to work there, name dropped and then asked if someone would loan her money for gas or if she could get gas and pay later when she got paid (welfare, 1st of month) ..of course, clerk told her no. So just throwing options out here as to the "why" as this has me curious also.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If this were the case, it's doubtful there would be a record of her debit card being used at said gas stations. I would think anyhow!?

TIA
I wondered about this as well. Under my working theory, I have absolutely no explanation for these charges. It would be very helpful to know the times of the transactions and whether or not Jenna had a pattern of visiting several gas stations on an average day or maybe on the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane