1253 users online (199 members and 1054 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiressleuth View Post
    I have to say I feel for you all with this sighting, family and friends. The friend may have been mistaken but the green T-shirt is a weird coincidence as well as the driver being a student at the university right near to your parents house.
    I don't suppose she could have enrolled at the uni with a false /new id? Just a thought but it is obviously just me speculating.
    The driver being an Emory student doesn't seem weird IMO. There are a lot of students around in the area. Emory is a private university, so I think it's pretty unlikely that she enrolled there unless someone else is footing the bill. I Googled for tuition costs, and it looks like it's at least $45k/year.

Also I hate to be critical but Jenna enrolling at Emory is a very high bar. Look up their average ACT and SAT. It's a fairly hard school to get into. She would've had to apply last fall most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo_gadget View Post
    The driver being an Emory student doesn't seem weird IMO. There are a lot of students around in the area. Emory is a private university, so I think it's pretty unlikely that she enrolled there unless someone else is footing the bill. I Googled for tuition costs, and it looks like it's at least $45k/year.
    I didn't say the driver being an Emory student was weird. I said it was a weird coincidence (the green t shirt and because parents house is right next to Emory). Point taken about the fees but still is a strange coincidence IMO.

Does anyone know anything more about the specifics of what type/where Jenna was looking for apartments? Such as studios, one bedroom, two bedroom, pet friendly, smoking/non smoking etc? The roommate situation seems huge- both whether or not she knew potential roommates, or whether she was meeting up with potential new ones who were unknown to her, or both.
    How strict is that housing market, would someone have to co-sign a lease for her? Would $$ down and a security deposit be something Jenna's mom and dad might help with? The career counseling service- is that also lifestyle, housing, etc? Do they have bulletin boards, either physical or virtual? Are there missing posters up in those locations? Any locals or perhabs subie have info on that?

Quote Originally Posted by codesleuth View Post
    Also I hate to be critical but Jenna enrolling at Emory is a very high bar. Look up their average ACT and SAT. It's a fairly hard school to get into. She would've had to apply last fall most likely.
    Criticism is fine. She got a degree from Gwinnett - would that not have been enough to qualify then ?

<modsnip> My theory is that she was last seen at Dynasty Lounge driven there by someone else (person she spent friday evening with). What happened after that who knows - left with someone and planned to get car later, nabbed on the street on her way out, accident at the club. Someone knows something and are not saying.
    Last edited by Greater Than; 10-03-2017 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Removed quoted post and reference to it

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Does anyone know anything more about the specifics of what type/where Jenna was looking for apartments? Such as studios, one bedroom, two bedroom, pet friendly, smoking/non smoking etc? The roommate situation seems huge- both whether or not she knew potential roommates, or whether she was meeting up with potential new ones who were unknown to her, or both.
    How strict is that housing market, would someone have to co-sign a lease for her? Would $$ down and a security deposit be something Jenna's mom and dad might help with? The career counseling service- is that also lifestyle, housing, etc? Do they have bulletin boards, either physical or virtual? Are there missing posters up in those locations? Any locals or perhabs subie have info on that?
    Both are excellent points - I have asked about this morningside apartment and also noted that the woman who reported her car was from morningside too. Perhaps J's car hadn't been there that long. Did LE ask her how long it had been parked there?
    Has the lead regarding the morningside apartment on the 18th been checked out does anyone know?
    Am bumping my posts and Oriah's re the room/apartment leads that may still need following up and expanding upon.

Thanks shiressleuth I really feel the housing situation is important to thoroughly investigate. I think there's a good chance that Jenna was sort of living out of her suitcase/vehicle for a little bit prior to house sitting, and perhaps she didn't want her family to know that, and that's why she has been a bit cagey about her living situation.

Criticism is fine. She got a degree from Gwinnett - would that not have been enough to qualify then ?
    On paper yes. In reality no. I taught at a school similar to Jenna's high school for 5 years. I coached against her school. Her degree from Gwinnett was an associates so she would have entered for the last two years of a bachelors but in all likelihood Emory would not have accepted any of those credits so most likely a new 4 year journey and Emory is very competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by she-lock holmes View Post
    Definitely not saturated - not even close. There were some printouts on their door and neighbors' doors, but when I drove by the other day, nothing. We no longer see them in shop windows either. Absolutely no coverage from local media, which is appalling IMHO.
    I agree with this. Yesterday on my way home I stopped by the pet store where she used to work and the grocery store adjacent, both to pick up some things on the way home from work. No flyer visible in either place. I have only seen one flyer posted anywhere in Atlanta and Decatur, and I drive through most of the significant locations in this case almost daily.

We put posters up around there just the other day. They keep being removed unfortunately

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Maybe the whole seat and nothing but the seat . What do you think of the possibility J or someone had just parked there for some errands that day and someone reported it to LE ? It does almost seem like that, the way it was found with the purse the suitcase and the keys in it don't you think? Otherwise surely it would have been stolen pretty quickly if it had been parked for any length of time?
    I have not been able to confirm the keys were found in the vehicle. Can you tell me where I can find that info? I might have missed it.

It might be insignificant either way, but every little detail counts!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Do we know who is removing the fliers?

Quote Originally Posted by codesleuth View Post
    Do we know who is removing the fliers?
    That is quite suspicious, IMO!!

Subie said the car and house keys were on a lanyard in the car IIRC because I asked about LE fingerprinting them . Didn't get a response about the fingerprinting.
    <modsnip>
    Last edited by Greater Than; 10-03-2017 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Snipped reference to removed post

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast