785 users online (122 members and 663 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I see now you're suggesting that she was looking for someone--this is a bit more likely to me. Perhaps for substances, or the guy that I think of as "friends with benefits"? I think it's been said that the card was used for small purchases inside the stations. It would be interesting to know more specifically; my guess is cigarettes or drinks. Not sure how likely it is that it was cash back for covers.

It's clear that Jenna had people in her life that were Bad News; it's less clear to me what would motivate them to potentially harm and hide her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew RN View Post
    I see now you're suggesting that she was looking for someone--this is a bit more likely to me. Perhaps for substances, or the guy that I think of as "friends with benefits"? I think it's been said that the card was used for small purchases inside the stations. It would be interesting to know more specifically; my guess is cigarettes or drinks. Not sure how likely it is that it was cash back for covers.

It's clear that Jenna had people in her life that were Bad News; it's less clear to me what would motivate them to potentially harm and hide her.

I'm not the OP, but I still am hung up on why anyone would go to 4-5 gas stations in one day. Even for a drink/soda, cigarrettes, gas. (We've not heard that she smokes cigarettes) If someone wanted cash from a debit card, do such at a bank all at once vs. being limited as to cash back at a gas station.

WHY? And weren't all different brands of stations? In the metro area, that sticks out to me that they were all different brands as I would think most people have a predilection for one brand... awwww, but at that age..

The gas stations off North Decatur Road still peak my interest as to how those locations fit in. If at the beginning of the day, and end of the timeframe.... it speaks volumes to me as a local.

Yet we have seen posted and discussed that the last ones were near the city central vs. towards 285/North Decatur Road.

ETA: And I'm also so curious as to the day that the news in SW Georgia picked up (Columbus area and another one) it was the highest traffic on this thread.. IIRC it peaked above 70 folks here after those two media outlets in SW Georgia published.
    Last edited by Bently; 09-30-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bently View Post
    I'm not the OP, but I still am hung up on why anyone would go to 4-5 gas stations in one day. Even for a drink/soda, cigarrettes, gas. (We've not heard that she smokes cigarettes) If someone wanted cash from a debit card, do such at a bank all at once vs. being limited as to cash back at a gas station.

WHY?
    EBM... the only reasons I can think of going to different gas stations is either
    1...her card didnt work at 1st one, so off to try next one and so on...or
    2. she was trying to see if she could get gas and pay later or "owe" and of course being turned down because tney said NO...
    trust me, I saw it happen ..a gal came into a station because her niece used to work there, name dropped and then asked if someone would loan her money for gas or if she could get gas and pay later when she got paid (welfare, 1st of month) ..of course, clerk told her no. So just throwing options out here as to the "why" as this has me curious also.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KayElJay; 09-30-2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Repaired broken quote
    JMO

#BRINGMIKEVANZANDTHOME

Quote Originally Posted by Spartygirl View Post
    EBM... the only reasons I can think of going to different gas stations is either
    1...her card didnt work at 1st one, so off to try next one and so on...or
    2. she was trying to see if she could get gas and pay later or "owe" and of course being turned down because tney said NO...
    trust me, I saw it happen ..a gal came into a station because her niece used to work there, name dropped and then asked if someone would loan her money for gas or if she could get gas and pay later when she got paid (welfare, 1st of month) ..of course, clerk told her no. So just throwing options out here as to the "why" as this has me curious also.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    If this were the case, it's doubtful there would be a record of her debit card being used at said gas stations. I would think anyhow!?

I still am as to the debit card purchases towards the east... towards Clarkston/Scottsdale to 285 and Stone Mountain/ Conyers areas IIRC on North Decatur Road. Does someone have an approved map to throw back up here on this thread ?

I seem to recall thinking when I first saw the stations, one was on the westbound side, and one was later on the eastbound side? We don't know the order, but don't most folks turn right into a station?

TIA
    I wondered about this as well. Under my working theory, I have absolutely no explanation for these charges. It would be very helpful to know the times of the transactions and whether or not Jenna had a pattern of visiting several gas stations on an average day or maybe on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by girlie13 View Post
    I wondered about this as well. Under my working theory, I have absolutely no explanation for these charges. It would be very helpful to know the times of the transactions and whether or not Jenna had a pattern of visiting several gas stations on an average day or maybe on the weekends.
    As for the history/pattern, I'm unsure. However, I do believe mom or parents were on her acct as a joint owner, so they'd be able to go back through her records. Subie said she had only one acct & credit report verified this.

As for the times of the transactions, I believe it was stated they were between 10-1130pm that evening. I could be wrong, but it is stated in T2. Due to the volume of posts, it would be hard for me to find it quickly!

Can't believe it's thread 3!

Thanks for all the awesome work done with the compiling of info!

Quote Originally Posted by girlie13 View Post
    FWIW- I don't have a history of or make a habit of patronizing multiple gas stations in one evening. However, now that I'm thinking about it, there has been not only 1, but 2 instances this week that I've stopped at 3 gas stations within a 20-30min time frame & between the hours of 1045-1115pm!

Does this sound sketchy to an outsider? More than likely! Here's my reason though... I work from 230-1030pm. On my way to work the other day, I realized I needed gas, but bc I was running late, decided I'd get gas after work. Proceeded to the gas station upon leaving work, was on the phone with my son as I pumped gas, and was on my way. After hanging up the phone I realized I forgot to get something to drink & cigarettes . I proceed to stop at the next gas station I were to pass on my way home which consists of getting on intracoastal highway, traveling 3 exits, exiting into the interstate & traveling another 4 exits.
    Stopped at the first gas station off the exit which is my usual 'go to'. I get my drink then realize they're out of my cigarettes. I won't buy another brand so here I go, passing my Neighborhood & 1.5 miles in the opposite direction, to the next gas station. I made a legitimate purchase at all 3. If one were to map my trip, it would look rather sketchy & considering the dollar amounts of my transactions-$60ish, $1.85, $5.75, it looks even more strange! One would surely wonder what the heck I was doing!

Obviously my story has nothing to do with this case at all, only posting here to show as much as multi-gas station stops looks pretty shady/possibly nefarious, it very well may not have been? Especially if Jenna had a specific preference in brand/flavor of something? Maybe this could explain the duplicate station visits? I believe she was at 2 Chevrons? Maybe no more Chevrons were nearby so she hoped for the best & went to the other 2 stations, all while trying something else in hopes it would be equally satisfying? Only speculating here, really have no clue but I truly believe any & all guesses are helpful one way or another!

Hey guys sorry Yom Kippur today and fasting.
    Parents are upset again with the LE. A friend of Jennas reached out to us on Facebook. Was in contact with her that night. One of last callers on her TMobile account but police never called him despite having the logs for 5 weeks now. Has more info on her plans for that night. We know from.him that Jenna had mentioned why she was not driving her car due to the insurance.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Capebluff View Post
    As for the history/pattern, I'm unsure. However, I do believe mom or parents were on her acct as a joint owner, so they'd be able to go back through her records. Subie said she had only one acct & credit report verified this.

As for the times of the transactions, I believe it was stated they were between 10-1130pm that evening. I could be wrong, but it is stated in T2. Due to the volume of posts, it would be hard for me to find it quickly!
    I respectfully disagree that we have times for the 4 gas station purchases.

Someone here did a map and said they *could* be done in succession in x minutes... but we don't have times that I recall. If parents have indeed the times of the purchases, those other than one purchase time has not been shared on her father's Find Jenna FB nor has Subie verified it here.

IIRC, only one of the transactions had a timeframe for the purchases. There were 4 gas stations stops that I know of, one Wendy's stop, and Subie stated one near Piedmont Park/Opera etc.
    Last edited by Bently; 09-30-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Just a thought, did Jenna play the lottery? The lottery was $541 million that was drawn on August 19th, the 3rd largest in US history. Could she have gone to several gas stations and buy a few tickets from each? They say in theory if you buy from several places maybe your better off. I wish we had details of the purchases from each station, from the debit card. Jenna was short on money and may have done this. But i would not have gone to sketchy areas to buy them without a friend in the car as a woman, my guess is someone was with her.
    Last edited by pattysleuth; 09-30-2017 at 11:30 PM.

I see there is a lot of discussion regarding the gas station stops, but has LE or the family confirmed that these stops/purchases actually occurred? Where did the person who posted those locations get their information from?

Per the Social Media Rules, we do not permit posts or comments made by the general public on social media to be discussed here. But since the media picked it up, discussion of that post has been allowed.

Now, unless I've missed something, the only posts by the VI in reference to those gas station stops are:

Quote Originally Posted by subie_climber View Post
    Also with regards to any of the gas stations that were mapped earlier we do not have any more info on those. The only thing really confirmed is that Wendy's based on the straw wrapper in my mom's car / passenger seat pushed back.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...8#post13614668

And

Quote Originally Posted by subie_climber View Post
    With regards to the gas stations...I am miffed on this one...have not figured this one out yet
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...6#post13615466

So what I'm getting at is the information regarding the stops/purchases may very well be accurate, but I would suggest waiting for confirmation from an approved source before accepting it as fact.

Just my

Regarding the lotto ticket theory...you typically can't play the lotto with a debit or credit card, it has to be cash.

Regarding multiple stops, I will leave a gas station if they don't have the 16 oz tall boy cokes. I will also stop and by 1-2 of these 2-3 times a day. I have a long commute.

Could Jenna have been stopping at different gas stations to meet someone?

If she was dealing with nefarious people, maybe she was blackmailed into something? Could she have had to meet up with individuals to "exchange goods" or complete transactions? (Again, assuming she was being coerced)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I respectfully disagree that we have times for the 4 gas station purchases.

Someone here did a map and said they *could* be done in succession in x minutes... but we don't have times that I recall. If parents have indeed the times of the purchases, those other than one purchase time has not been shared on her father's Find Jenna FB nor has Subie verified it here.

IIRC, only one of the transactions had a timeframe for the purchases. There were 4 gas stations stops that I know of, one Wendy's stop, and Subie stated one near Piedmont Park/Opera etc.
    It's very possible I'm mixing another case with this one! So many details changing in this one to keep up! My apologies!

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast