1183 users online (231 members and 952 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FIgnacio View Post
    I'm not sure that DN is involved because he is mentally unstable and maybe he have burst of anger. I do not think he can plan cold- blooded murders.
    It is surprising to me how many days have gone by, without a confirmation from either jurisdiction (Colorado or Indiana) on a hit. That doesn't look good, IMO, that this person of interest is involved in any major crime. All I can think is some wrangling is going on behind the scenes, and perhaps other unsolved crimes being linked. Remaining. Hopeful.

Still, no mention of the FBI helping, or linking, the CO and IN crimes- are the rest of the sleuthers here seeing anything differently?
    Last edited by Jabarn; 10-04-2017 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Typo, and clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Jabarn View Post
    It is surprising to me how many days have gone by, without a confirmation from either jurisdiction (Colorado or Indiana) on a hit. That doesn't look good, IMO, that this person of interest is involved in any major crime. All I can think is some wrangling is going on behind the scenes, and perhaps other unsolved crimes being linked. Remaining. Hopeful.

Still, no mention of the FBI helping in either the CO or IN crimes- are the rest of the sleuthers here seeing anything differently?
    To me
    The evidence was unclear DN have mental problems in consecuence, fits of anger. If he was under any drug effect o mental illness, why in the sound clip he sounds quiet?

Would the warrant be sealed because it might have the connecting evidence to the Delphi case and could compromise that case if the information was not sealed?

Quote Originally Posted by sumzero View Post
    Fast-track DNA testing apparently doesn’t take long: http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...d-DNA-Act-2017

Ballistics testing can be done in 24 hours: https://www.forensicmag.com/news/201...-new-crime-lab
    Yes, the tests themselves don't take long, but even if you fast track it you have to wait your turn among all the other fast track cases. Depending on where it's sent, the lab may be understaffed and/or under-equipped--is Colorado a state that has its own lab? There may be paperwork issues and questions of who is going to pay for it.

Everything just takes longer than we would like it to. Sigh.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

To me
    The evidence was unclear DN have mental problems in consecuence, fits of anger. If he was under any drug effect o mental illness, why in the sound clip he sounds quiet?
    Which sound clip?

This may be off since I really don't know exactly how they do things these days, but here I go anyway. My thought on the proving/disproving and nothing good coming of it, etc. was that they may have gone out there hoping to get him to say something incriminating, or that a blood test would show that he wasn't the person they were looking for. Since the blood test didn't rule him out (I'm assuming one was done in this case) and he didn't admit to anything or slip up showing he had been there, the trip was no help in proving whether he was or wasn't the right person. If that were the case, they would probably just return home and wait for DNA results to be completed and compared. Trying to stay optimistic... MOO
    Every murderer is someone's old friend ... Agatha Christie

Which sound clip?

Which sound clip?
    Please link a sound clip if you can -- thanks.

Thanks, I thought you might have meant a clip of DNs voice from court. I would like to hear his voice for myself.

Oh, sorry! THAT one, the one we all know well here- I was thinking you were referring to a sound clip of DN.

I don't know how the investigators isolated that clip, or what came before, or after. I think you can still hear footsteps through the leaves, but it is clear. On the one hand, I assume it was the best quality they could get. On the other, I also think it was such a scary clip, they decided to share it to wake people up. This case is horrific and it needs to be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaDC View Post
    Would the warrant be sealed because it might have the connecting evidence to the Delphi case and could compromise that case if the information was not sealed?
    It could be LE does not want the media to release information before they are ready to.

Quote Originally Posted by Daey34 View Post
    It is El Paso county where Tim Watkins was murdered. Where did you read there's a sealed warrant? That doesn't sound right.
    I thought it was $2k bail for the weapon charge (.22 calibre) and $10k bail for the hatchet menacing plus possibility of further charges also by 16th Oct. MOO

I hope the Public Defender's office has some sharp, energetic lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaDC View Post
    You could be right if it had cause of death, details of wounds and the condition and location of the body of the cyclist.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Yes, the tests themselves don't take long, but even if you fast track it you have to wait your turn among all the other fast track cases. Depending on where it's sent, the lab may be understaffed and/or under-equipped--is Colorado a state that has its own lab? There may be paperwork issues and questions of who is going to pay for it.

Everything just takes longer than we would like it to. Sigh.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    I know! That's what is stymying me about this new person of interest. The DNA fast track, especially. He should have been officially elliminated or charged by now, following other similar cases. The news media articles where he is not ruled in or out are def frustrating, to say the least.

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast