789 users online (96 members and 693 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

South Africa - Newborn sexually assualted

This is in South Africa.

What is this world coming to? I hope they catch the animal that did this!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welkom - A newborn baby girl found naked and abandoned near the Hennenman train station in the northern Free State at the weekend had been sexually assaulted, local police said on Tuesday.

Constable Kiddy Kitime said the baby was found at 06:45 on Sunday and taken to Bongani Hospital for medical treatment.

"Upon investigation, the doctors at Bongani in Thabong found that the baby had been sexually assaulted," she said. "A case of rape is being investigated."

Kitime said a 26-year-old woman who was apparently confirmed as being the mother of the baby was arrested on Monday night.

She would appear in Hennenman magistrate's court on charges of child neglect.

Earlier, Kitime said the baby was found with no clothes on.

"She appeared to have been (only) delivered for some hours when she was found," Kitime said. She said the baby would be taken to a place of safety when she was discharged from hospital.

It's common--and horrible--that the myth still exists in South Africa that having sex with a virgin cures AIDS. I don't doubt that this is what happened in this and many other tragic cases there.

Hoppy

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean

Earlier, Kitime said the baby was found with no clothes on.

"She appeared to have been (only) delivered for some hours when she was found," Kitime said.
    The baby was just born and somebody raped her??????

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
    It's common--and horrible--that the myth still exists in South Africa that having sex with a virgin cures AIDS. I don't doubt that this is what happened in this and many other tragic cases there.

Hoppy
    Yes, I read that, too. Apparently, their own authorities are telling them that western medicine is poison. Can you believe that?? I believe the source was a Marie Claire (not 100% certain) article which I no longer have access to - sorry.

In that same article, I read that a team had produced a documentary about baby rape and the lack of education. When the spokesperson handed to the authorites for review, he overheard them speaking afterwards and one guy said, "How will this affect the currency?"

I tell you, when I hear anyone saying anything bad about Bono and his work in Africa, it makes me so mad I could sceam!
    Above is my opinion only

I had no idea

I never knew any of this, I was shocked to search google for baby rape in Africa, the list of sites and stories blew my mind!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=25806

Snips:
    A bizarre belief among many African black men that sex with a virgin -- even a child or baby -- can cure HIV/AIDS is fueling what is already one of the highest child sexual exploitation rates in the world.

The trend is worsening. Babies as young as only a few months old are being raped almost daily. Many black South African men infected with AIDS erroneously believe that by having sex with a virgin -- even a baby -- they will be cured of AIDS or their HIV infection.

Un-freaking-believable!

They rape the babies because that's the only way they can make sure some other AIDS patient hasn't already blown the virginity 'cure'. A lot of African countries are setting up the belief system that creates these desperate men, who have nothing else to fall back on, since they are told real medicine is a conspiracy against them that won't work. It's sick!

it is common and freaking sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That makes my stomach hurt.

Angry

This is extremely disturbing. I am praying for that poor baby. I hope they catch the ******* that did it. I cannot imagine anybody not being angry or hurt by this story. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that "we send you our love little one, be strong!

It's the price of superstition, xenophobia, a lack of rationality - as has happened so often in the past, and it continues now. The worst things in the world happen when superstition is taken above science and reason.

This is so horrible. That poor little baby. She will probably have to have surgery and may never be able to have children when she is older. I'm sure that there are a lot of repairs to be made. These people are just sick. I hope they jail the mother and find the rapist and hang him.

have any of you read about the difficulty in halting the spread of AIDS in much of Africa because many of the men refuse to wear condoms. How ridiculous- its not OK to use condoms to prevent the disease but its OK to rape a newborn to seek a "CURE"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Details
    It's the price of superstition, xenophobia, a lack of rationality - as has happened so often in the past, and it continues now. The worst things in the world happen when superstition is taken above science and reason.
    --------------

Especially by a horde of morons.The poor babies. There is a good chance many have been given AIDS...Pray for them,innocent souls.

the mother was arrested?????????????????????????

unbelievable. she probably had NO CHOICE BUT TO COMPLY OR BE KILLED. HOW awful.

I'm convinced now. DEATH TO ALL CHILD RAPISTS.

SOMETHING EXTREME NEEDS TO BE DONE TO STOP THESE A@@HOLES. IF THEY WILL DIE (VERY QUICKLY), THEY WILL THINK TWICE.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast