'7th Heaven' Canceled Because of Costs

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
The Camden family is disappearing from television in May strictly for financial reasons: the WB's top executive said Sunday that the network is losing $16 million this year on "7th Heaven."

The family drama, the most popular program in the network's history, will end its run after 10 years. The decision seems irreversible despite an Internet campaign to save it, even though "7th Heaven" is still the WB's second highest-rated show after "Gilmore Girls." Production costs tend to jump for television series as they get older, largely because the salaries of actors and others involved grow with success. "7th Heaven," about a family of seven and all their friends, has a large cast.

More: http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20060116/113747280000.html

:(
Sorry, but I love this show

I like the show too, but think some of the storylines were getting kind of...different!

It'll run forever in re-runs!

Taximom said:
I like the show too, but think some of the storylines were getting kind of...different!

I think even the re-runs are getting pulled, according to that story. Too expensive. Unless I misunderstood :(

PrayersForMaura said:
I think even the re-runs are getting pulled, according to that story. Too expensive. Unless I misunderstood :(
Now that upsets me!

Even though I've thought that outside of the original cast members, the acting has left something to be desired, 7th Heaven has always been one of my favorite TV shows.

i liked that show, but it has been awhile since i watched it....

PrayersForMaura said:
That's not how it works.
The way the production company & the network (which is also involved in the producing of the show) REALLY makes the jack is by making enough episodes to be able to put the series in syndication until the end of time. Sometimes the network will pull the plug on an otherwise succesful show after it's made enough episodes to warrant syndication (4 to 5 seasons, possibly 6 now that seasons have gone from averaging 28 shows to 22). This is what is happening to 7th Heaven.

Taximom said:

Me too Taximom!! I think they really changed Ruthies personality and Simons too.

And I really never liked Lucy's husband...too know-it-all....

I love the shows when the kids were all little, my husband and I would watch the reruns after our kids left for school in the morning!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back