Morning Commuters Witness 'Horrific' Scene

Shadow205

Reaction score
LAKE MARY, Fla. -- A man took his own life on Interstate 4 on Monday morning, and thousands of morning commuters drove past the gruesome scene<snip>

According to witnesses, several drivers heading westbound on I-4 saw a body in the road when it was still dark during the morning commute, but they were unable to avoid it. At least four different cars hit and ran over the body, witnesses said<snip>

Investigators believe that the victim parked his sport utility vehicle on the Lake Mary Boulevard overpass at about 6:15 a.m., inflicted wounds to his wrists and then jumped from the bridge into traffic below.

"I saw cars swerving and stuff and I went to swerve and it was too late," said Forest Dobbs.

Dobbs was one of the drivers who pulled off the road and tried to direct traffic around the body but in the dark, with heavy traffic, it was just too dangerous.<snip>
The victim has not been identified yet pending notification of next of kin
http://www.wesh.com/news/6142733/detail.html

how terrible. Oh my goodness. I would hate to witness that. :(
His poor family, too. :sick:

Jeana (DP) said:
Pure selfishness.
How horrible - and selfish too. I am sorry that he felt that he had to commit suicide but, why did he have to involve others? He could have just gone to sleep.

i disagree-- suicide maybe involves a certain degree of selfishnes-- but no one know exactly what goes on in a person's life to drive them to that. obviously if whatever happened in a person's life or brain is so terrible that it drives them to take their life, then you are way beyond the point of just being "selfish". mental illness is obviously a big part of it. although, i agree that his method was a poor choice-- much better to do something a little more peaceful and less violent, that doesn't endanger any innocent people. there's really no excuse for that.

reb said:
i disagree-- suicide maybe involves a certain degree of selfishnes-- but no one know exactly what goes on in a person's life to drive them to that. obviously if whatever happened in a person's life or brain is so terrible that it drives them to take their life, then you are way beyond the point of just being "selfish". mental illness is obviously a big part of it. although, i agree that his method was a poor choice-- much better to do something a little more peaceful and less violent, that doesn't endanger any innocent people. there's really no excuse for that.

I have no problem with the dude wanting to kill himself. My problem is as you said, involving others.

Jeana (DP) said:
I have no problem with the dude wanting to kill himself. My problem is as you said, involving others.

A person like this is not thinking straight. He doesn't go, "Oh, I want to die, but I don't want to hurt anyone else". He could have been on drugs, deranged, psychotic, who knows.

Now some guys do take a gun and shoot a bunch of other people before they are finally killed or kill themselves.

So you have to ask, did they tell anyone, did anyone know their sickness or misery? Could they have been helped? Alot of times they just don't tell anyone.

Just like that guy who was shot on the plane in Florida, there were people who knew he needed to take his medication and that he hadn't been taking it.

omg..the helplessness he must have felt..the feelings of "no other way out"...there's no telling what was going through his mind at the time...i'm sure he wasn't thinking of hurting anyone else; just irrational thinking i guess...so sad for the folks that had to witness it though...i'm sure it's something they'll never forget :(

Wow. Looks like a man who had it all, and very handsome on top of that. Why? I just don't get it.

Prayers for his family.

A kid who grew up in my neighborhood, a few years yonger than me, committed suicide about 10 or 12 years ago. I remember going to his funeral and sitting there in the crowded church, wondering "why didn't he just call ONE of the people here before he killed himself? Why didn't he try to reach out to just one of the many friends and family who were at his funeral?" I guess people get so depressed and caught up in their pain they can't see beyond their troubles. It is very sad.

A few years ago, a teenager in my area jumped off an overpass onto 95 and killed himself that way.

It doesn't read like someone who would commit suicide does it?

I wonder if something had happened, like his wife had asked for divorce or some job pressure or unhappiness? He could have been on some kind of drugs or an alcohol abuser.

Would his family even get life insurance if he committed suicide? It's possible he had been depressed for awhile and just couldn't deal with it any longer - maybe wouldn't go to a psychiatrist. This is more common with men.

God help me if I ever tried to make my husband go to a psychiatrist. Some men feel that to be "macho", they must be able to conquer or deal with whatever difficulties come their way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back