Hostage Jill Carroll

oh my goodness thats terrible, i havent heard of this.....

Poor girl. :( They will probaby kill her no matter what. This is so very sad.

The terrorists know that the U.S. won't bargain. They are hoping that her death will influence more of the American public to want our soldiers out of Iraq. I don't think it will accomplish that.

These beasts will kill her because they can know matter what anyone else says. Don't go to these countries where they hate Americans so much.

concernedperson said:
These beasts will kill her because they can know matter what anyone else says. Don't go to these countries where they hate Americans so much.
The problem iis we are running out of countries we can go to.

Buzzm1 said:
The terrorists know that the U.S. won't bargain. They are hoping that her death will influence more of the American public to want our soldiers out of Iraq. I don't think it will accomplish that.
It won't accomplish anything and that is part of the real tragedy.

They showed a clip of her in an interview of some type last year on MSNBC. It was sad to see her then, and then the 20 second clip of her in captivity. :( Prayers they find and rescue her, because otherwise they will kill her :(

And, if they DO kill her and send the video to Al Jazeera, it won't be aired because it will turn muslims against muslims. It will not further the agenda of the terrorists.

Just like when that British woman (peace corps?) was beheaded, they didn't air the tape they received as they had aired the tapes of the men being beheaded. Because it wouldn't help the terrorists to do it.

I wonder how well this story is carried on Iraqi TV; we would think that if any iperson, with any kind of compassion, knew anything about her whereabouts, that they would somehow get that information to the Iraq police. The terrorists haven't ever been stopped before--there has to be a huge number of people there who know who the insurgents/terrorists are, but they possibly may be afraid to get involved in turning them in.

KatherineQ said:
And, if they DO kill her and send the video to Al Jazeera, it won't be aired because it will turn muslims against muslims. It will not further the agenda of the terrorists.

Just like when that British woman (peace corps?) was beheaded, they didn't air the tape they received as they had aired the tapes of the men being beheaded. Because it wouldn't help the terrorists to do it.
Margaret Hassan? That was one of the saddest stories I followed. That and Daniel Pearl's abduction and subsequent murder. I believe Margaret was shot and not beheaded, but I am not sure if her remains were ever recovered? :(

indigomood said:
Margaret Hassan? That was one of the saddest stories I followed. That and Daniel Pearl's abduction and subsequent murder. I believe Margaret was shot and not beheaded, but I am not sure if her remains were ever recovered? :(

They had the Pearl beheading on the internet and it was HORRIBLE!!!

The depth of human depravity has no limits in the case of these terrorists. Yes, it seems some one would know and squeal and she could be rescued. But then the squealer would be killed. So no one speaks.

Why is anyone surprised? What the hell did she expect? Every American knows if they're over there and they can be kidnapped, they WILL be. Why give them the power?

I guess same reason everyone is "surprised" and dismayed when pregnant women are killed by their boyfriends and little innnocent kids are beaten to death at home.

It's common, for sure. It's way commoner than being kidnapped for being a journalist, that's certain.

I guess you can blame her if you want . . .

kato said:
They had the Pearl beheading on the internet and it was HORRIBLE!!!
Kato, I watched it and never recovered from it. I will never do that again. I know there are other videos out there but I just won't go there ever again. I felt ashamed for even seeking it out. It physically made me ill and emotionally it wreaked havoc. At one point my body just jerked in response to the barbarism. Truly revolting. I would much prefer to remember Danny in the picture of him with that awesome smile. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back