Found Deceased Netherlands - Anne Faber, 25, Utrecht, 28 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

Denise884

Reaction score
The is in the Netherlands.

attachment.php

[FONT=&amp]POLICE SEARCH BAARN FOR MISSING UTRECHT WOMAN, 25

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]By Janene Pieters on October 2, 2017 - 07:50

On Sunday the police searched the Utrecht town of Baarn for 25-year-old Anne Faber. The Utrecht woman disappeared around 7:00 p.m. on Friday evening while cycling. Shortly before her disappearance, she took a selfie of her in the rain and sent it to her boyfriend. The police traced the location of this selfie to the corner of Amsterdamsestraatweg and Hilversumsestraatweg in Baarn, AD reports.

Just before darkness fell on Sunday, another search was launched in the area where Faber took the selfie. "We determined the search area based on the location where the selfie was taken and her phone data. That's in Baarn. We searched with about 30 men tonight, but so far without results", a police spokesperson said to AD on Sunday night. A police helicopter using thermal imaging equipment was also used in the search.

In a press release on Sunday night, the police emphasized that Faber disappeared during dangerous weather. "There were storms that evening; around 18:40, the first showers began and afterwards there were also thunderstorms. According to [meteorological institute] KNMI, there was dangerous weather that evening." That Faber had an accident in the bad weather conditions, is one of the scenarios the police are considering.
Her boyfriend, Nathanael Fidder, put a post on Facebook, calling for information. "My girlfriend has been missing since Friday night 29/9 19:00. The last message is a selfie in the rain", he writes. "Last known location 18:15 Hollandsche Rading. The selfie was maybe taken in Baarn. She started an hours long bicycle trip around half past four, to where exactly is unknown. She would've returned home to me, everything points to that. My messages were not read from 19:45. Currently there's no trace of her. Police started a search, family and friends search as well. They assume the worst."
According to Fidder, Faber is about 1.7 meters tall and was wearing a dark green, three-quarters raincoat and riding a black Batavus Old Dutch bicycle when she disappeared. She may also have been carrying a fluorescent yellow backpack. She has a birth mark on her chin. She wears two earrings - a stud and a ring - in her left ear, and a ring in her right ear.

[/FONT]
attachment.php

[FONT=&amp]Last selfie Anne Faber took before disappearing on 29 Sept 2017, believed to be taken in Baarn. Photo: Nathanael Fidder / Facebook

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Update:

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]By Janene Pieters on October 4, 2017 - 12:10
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]In addition to a jacket, more clothes were found that "almost certainly" belong to missing 25-year-old Anne Faber next to Amerfoortseweg in Huis ter Heide on Tuesday, police spokesperson Bernhard Jens confirmed. The police hope that they will be able to conclusively determine whether the clothes belong to the missing Utrecht woman today. Sniffer dogs are currently searching for other traces of the missing woman in the area where the clothing was found, AD reports.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The police asked Anne's parents and boyfriend whether the found clothes could belong to her. From their response, the police believe that they "almost certainly" do, according to Jens. "We hope to get certainty about that today."[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]A t-shirt was found on the bike path between Amersfoort and Utrecht, next to Huis ter Heide, a way further on Panweg. The chance that this also belongs to Anne is not large, a police officer at the scene said to AD. But it is still being investigated. The bicycle path where the shirt was found, has been closed down with crime scene tape.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The spot in Huis ter Heide where the clothing was found on Tuesday, is also closed to the public. The police searched the area on Tuesday evening, only stopping late on Tuesday night. The site was guarded through the night. Forensic detectives are currently doing a technical investigation at the scene, while police officers with sniffer dogs are searching the area around it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]No DNA testing can be done on the clothes, because the authorities have no genetic material of the missing woman, according to the newspaper. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]On Friday Anne Faber left her Utrecht home to go cycling, something she did on a regular basis. The last time she contacted anyone, was when she sent a photo of herself in the rain to her boyfriend around 6:50 p.m. The police determined that the photo was taken in Baarn, near Soestdijk Palace. After investigating Anne's phone data, the police concluded that she was cycling on bike route 115802 from Soest to De Bilt. The last signal received from her phone was at 7:06 p.m., southwest of Soest. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The spot in Huis ter Huide where the clothing was found, is a way south of where her phone last gave a signal - on the other side of the former Soesterberg air base, according to NOS.

[/FONT]
attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

AD is a national news paper
NOS is a national news station

Another search was done tonight with no results.

Attachments

• 22089210_10155756910123622_6206893146092601645_n.jpg
    22089210_10155756910123622_6206893146092601645_n.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 700
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 697
  • af.jpg
    af.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 692
Thanks, but I don't see it in the title or the articles. I thought maybe Germany, so I appreciate your response!

I believe it is in the title

Holland Police search Baarn for missing Utrecht woman, 25

Started by Denise884, Today 04:01 PM

Before making a new thread you have to add a prefix so in this case its Holland.

I can imagine you thought it was Germany because Dutch and German words/places look and sound alike.

I'm afraid this won't be a happy ending story. Poor girl, poor family and friends.

Thanks, but I don't see it in the title or the articles. I thought maybe Germany, so I appreciate your response!

Added 'The Netherlands' in the thread title. It was a little unclear i agree. Thanks!

Many people say that she looks scared and forced in her last selfie. IMO she wasn't afraid, in fear or forced but she was just pulling a silly face because the weather was bad and she had to bike trough heavy rain and thunderstorms. Like, peace be with me but this weather sucks. Something like that. Could be wrong tho.

Thanks for starting this thread for Anne. I hadn't heard yet that they found more clothes in addition to the jacket... oh my. As always I like to cling to any scrap of hope, maybe she got so cold from the weather that she started taking the clothes off herself (I've read that hypothermia can cause the person to feel as if they are actually too warm). The rain in the NL is super cold. But, it's now Wednesday and she's been missing for five days... surely she would have turned up by now if she was ok... What would be behavior if someone had hypothermia, would they wander? Lie down somewhere? I sure hope they checked hospitals. Dutch LE never says much about what all they do when someone is missing (it never appears to be too much, unfortunately... key word 'appears' though).

Also what the heck with this? "No DNA testing can be done on the clothes, because the authorities have no genetic material of the missing woman, according to the newspaper." Surely she has a toothbrush at her home, or underwear or other things one wouldn't share use of...??

Thanks for starting this thread for Anne. I hadn't heard yet that they found more clothes in addition to the jacket... oh my. As always I like to cling to any scrap of hope, maybe she got so cold from the weather that she started taking the clothes off herself (I've read that hypothermia can cause the person to feel as if they are actually too warm). The rain in the NL is super cold. But, it's now Wednesday and she's been missing for five days... surely she would have turned up by now if she was ok... What would be behavior if someone had hypothermia, would they wander? Lie down somewhere? I sure hope they checked hospitals. Dutch LE never says much about what all they do when someone is missing (it never appears to be too much, unfortunately... key word 'appears' though).

I think you're talking about paradoxical undressing. Could be but i'm afraid its something else. Her phone is off, she didn't read the last messages of her BF and a tee was found today but police don't think its hers. The jacket was hers. Police says most probably its hers but i know for sure its hers. Same jacket she had on was found in the area she went missing. Thats a little to much of a coincidence if you ask me.

I think you're talking about paradoxical undressing. Could be but i'm afraid its something else. Her phone is off, she didn't read the last messages of her BF and a tee was found today but police don't think its hers. The jacket was hers. Police says most probably its hers but i know for sure its hers. Same jacket she had on was found in the area she went missing. Thats a little to much of a coincidence if you ask me.

Like I said, I always try to cling to any scrap of hope... but my initial gut feeling is definitely towards more nefarious circumstances. :(

I do try to make myself think of other possibilities though. You say you know for sure the jacket's hers, do you know Anne?

another photo of her and her jacket

attachment.php

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 639
Like I said, I always try to cling to any scrap of hope... but my initial gut feeling is definitely towards more nefarious circumstances. :(

I do try to make myself think of other possibilities though. You say you know for sure the jacket's hers, do you know Anne?

i don't know her but i do believe it was her jacket because it was the same jacket she had on the day she went missing. call it common sense. Also her parents and boyfriend believe its her jacket.

Also what the heck with this? "No DNA testing can be done on the clothes, because the authorities have no genetic material of the missing woman, according to the newspaper." Surely she has a toothbrush at her home, or underwear or other things one wouldn't share use of...??

Let me see if i can find more info about this.

If she got cold enough to undress paradoxically something must have gone really sideways. She looks like she cycles a lot and prepares well, rain jacket and everything. And there isn't a whole lot of middle-of-nowhere to disappear into. Even if she skidded into a deep pool or got blown over by wind, people are never far away in the Netherlands. It's unsettling that she hasn't been heard from for so long.

update 4 hours ago. the militairy is going to search for her.

It's odd that she's completely gone missing with her bike too. If it was really bad storms, you could consider that she may have been offered a lift home with a stranger and she left her bike to pick it up another time. But it seems she has gone missing with her bike, minus clothing. Hopefully the military search will reveal some more information.

It's odd that she's completely gone missing with her bike too. If it was really bad storms, you could consider that she may have been offered a lift home with a stranger and she left her bike to pick it up another time. But it seems she has gone missing with her bike, minus clothing. Hopefully the military search will reveal some more information.

This is why I'm considering (not to be confused with set-in-stone on) hypothermia.... but, I have no clue how one would behave and would even be capable of still riding their bike.

The bike could also have been stolen after she accepted a ride, or was taken...

People can disappear even if it's not the middle of nowhere, look at Corrie McKeague, he disappeared in the middle of town. The Netherlands is definitely plenty big enough to disappear, unfortunately. Especially in wooded areas it's not that easy to find a body.

I'm now actually starting to entertain the thought that she voluntarily left, for whichever reason. Dutch people do bike a lot in all kinds of weather, but from what I gather she just went on a random bike ride, right before dark and with bad weather coming. I don't know of too many people who would do that.

Were helicopters with infrared technology used in the early search? I haven't heard anything about that.

What I did hear is not very encouraging though. It seems there have been a lot of robberies reported on cyclists in that general area. Grid searches and scent dogs and choppers are of the utmost importance right now IMO.

Btw, I don't get the whole "we can't know for sure if it's her jacket because we don't have her DNA", really, indeed sounds like common sense - plus it's not that hard to get DNA off i.e. a toothbrush. But it seems like saying "hey, same jacket, let's just assume right now it's hers" would not be that much of a hazardous standpoint. Bag it to preserve possible evidence and find the girl first!

This is why I'm considering (not to be confused with set-in-stone on) hypothermia.... but, I have no clue how one would behave and would even be capable of still riding their bike.

The bike could also have been stolen after she accepted a ride, or was taken...

People can disappear even if it's not the middle of nowhere, look at Corrie McKeague, he disappeared in the middle of town. The Netherlands is definitely plenty big enough to disappear, unfortunately. Especially in wooded areas it's not that easy to find a body.

I'm now actually starting to entertain the thought that she voluntarily left, for whichever reason. Dutch people do bike a lot in all kinds of weather, but from what I gather she just went on a random bike ride, right before dark and with bad weather coming. I don't know of too many people who would do that.

Were helicopters with infrared technology used in the early search? I haven't heard anything about that.

What I did hear is not very encouraging though. It seems there have been a lot of robberies reported on cyclists in that general area. Grid searches and scent dogs and choppers are of the utmost importance right now IMO.

Btw, I don't get the whole "we can't know for sure if it's her jacket because we don't have her DNA", really, indeed sounds like common sense - plus it's not that hard to get DNA off i.e. a toothbrush. But it seems like saying "hey, same jacket, let's just assume right now it's hers" would not be that much of a hazardous standpoint. Bag it to preserve possible evidence and find the girl first!

BBM

Reality is in fact the complete opposite of what you assume. Riding her bike would keep the blood flowing, the muscles active and keep her warm enough, though maybe not comfortable.

There are reports of recent robberies of cyclists in the area where Anne would have been last.

https://www.politie.nl/nieuws/2017/oktober/2/03-man-beroofd-getuigen-gezocht.html

Zeist - Sunday evening October 1, a man was robbed of his backpack and bike on the Kampweg. The police have started an investigation and are looking for witnesses.

Around 21.00 a 29-year-old man from Zeist cycled along the Kampweg. This is a bike path between Soesterberg and Zeist that runs parallel to the A28. The bike path runs behind the Mc Donalds to Verlengde Slotlaan. Just before the bend to the left, two men suddenly came out of the bushes. One of them threatened the victim with an object similar to a firearm. A little later, a third man joined them. The Zeister was robbed of his (large) backpack, a' backpack' of the Low alpine brand with an orange cover around it. His bike, a gray mountain bike of the brand Trek, was also taken.

Signature
The police were called and officers searched for the suspects in the vicinity. These were not found. The three suspects have a slim posture, speak with a foreign accent and wore dark clothes. They all had covered their faces and were wearing hoods. They were riding on a bike and they must have carried that striking backpack of the victim's with its orange rain cover. They cycled away in the direction of Soesterberg.

Good to see an official source for the robberies. When I posted about it I was hoping to fly under the radar here. ;)

Also thanks for the info about hypothermia, like I said I don't know anything about it except that the taking off clothes rang a bell. If it was just her jacket I don't believe in that anyway tho, and I think it's since been said that the other clothes were likely not hers, although some media are still reporting it might be. Sigh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back