1468 users online (274 members and 1194 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 298
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    46
    update 4 hours ago. the militairy is going to search for her.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    28
    It's odd that she's completely gone missing with her bike too. If it was really bad storms, you could consider that she may have been offered a lift home with a stranger and she left her bike to pick it up another time. But it seems she has gone missing with her bike, minus clothing. Hopefully the military search will reveal some more information.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Seryth View Post
    It's odd that she's completely gone missing with her bike too. If it was really bad storms, you could consider that she may have been offered a lift home with a stranger and she left her bike to pick it up another time. But it seems she has gone missing with her bike, minus clothing. Hopefully the military search will reveal some more information.
    This is why I'm considering (not to be confused with set-in-stone on) hypothermia.... but, I have no clue how one would behave and would even be capable of still riding their bike.

    The bike could also have been stolen after she accepted a ride, or was taken...

    People can disappear even if it's not the middle of nowhere, look at Corrie McKeague, he disappeared in the middle of town. The Netherlands is definitely plenty big enough to disappear, unfortunately. Especially in wooded areas it's not that easy to find a body.

    I'm now actually starting to entertain the thought that she voluntarily left, for whichever reason. Dutch people do bike a lot in all kinds of weather, but from what I gather she just went on a random bike ride, right before dark and with bad weather coming. I don't know of too many people who would do that.

    Were helicopters with infrared technology used in the early search? I haven't heard anything about that.

    What I did hear is not very encouraging though. It seems there have been a lot of robberies reported on cyclists in that general area. Grid searches and scent dogs and choppers are of the utmost importance right now IMO.

    Btw, I don't get the whole "we can't know for sure if it's her jacket because we don't have her DNA", really, indeed sounds like common sense - plus it's not that hard to get DNA off i.e. a toothbrush. But it seems like saying "hey, same jacket, let's just assume right now it's hers" would not be that much of a hazardous standpoint. Bag it to preserve possible evidence and find the girl first!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,053
    Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    This is why I'm considering (not to be confused with set-in-stone on) hypothermia.... but, I have no clue how one would behave and would even be capable of still riding their bike.

    The bike could also have been stolen after she accepted a ride, or was taken...

    People can disappear even if it's not the middle of nowhere, look at Corrie McKeague, he disappeared in the middle of town. The Netherlands is definitely plenty big enough to disappear, unfortunately. Especially in wooded areas it's not that easy to find a body.

    I'm now actually starting to entertain the thought that she voluntarily left, for whichever reason. Dutch people do bike a lot in all kinds of weather, but from what I gather she just went on a random bike ride, right before dark and with bad weather coming. I don't know of too many people who would do that.

    Were helicopters with infrared technology used in the early search? I haven't heard anything about that.

    What I did hear is not very encouraging though. It seems there have been a lot of robberies reported on cyclists in that general area. Grid searches and scent dogs and choppers are of the utmost importance right now IMO.

    Btw, I don't get the whole "we can't know for sure if it's her jacket because we don't have her DNA", really, indeed sounds like common sense - plus it's not that hard to get DNA off i.e. a toothbrush. But it seems like saying "hey, same jacket, let's just assume right now it's hers" would not be that much of a hazardous standpoint. Bag it to preserve possible evidence and find the girl first!
    BBM


    Reality is in fact the complete opposite of what you assume. Riding her bike would keep the blood flowing, the muscles active and keep her warm enough, though maybe not comfortable.

    There are reports of recent robberies of cyclists in the area where Anne would have been last.

    https://www.politie.nl/nieuws/2017/o...n-gezocht.html

    Zeist - Sunday evening October 1, a man was robbed of his backpack and bike on the Kampweg. The police have started an investigation and are looking for witnesses.

    Around 21.00 a 29-year-old man from Zeist cycled along the Kampweg. This is a bike path between Soesterberg and Zeist that runs parallel to the A28. The bike path runs behind the Mc Donalds to Verlengde Slotlaan. Just before the bend to the left, two men suddenly came out of the bushes. One of them threatened the victim with an object similar to a firearm. A little later, a third man joined them. The Zeister was robbed of his (large) backpack, a' backpack' of the Low alpine brand with an orange cover around it. His bike, a gray mountain bike of the brand Trek, was also taken.

    Signature
    The police were called and officers searched for the suspects in the vicinity. These were not found. The three suspects have a slim posture, speak with a foreign accent and wore dark clothes. They all had covered their faces and were wearing hoods. They were riding on a bike and they must have carried that striking backpack of the victim's with its orange rain cover. They cycled away in the direction of Soesterberg.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,257
    Good to see an official source for the robberies. When I posted about it I was hoping to fly under the radar here.

    Also thanks for the info about hypothermia, like I said I don't know anything about it except that the taking off clothes rang a bell. If it was just her jacket I don't believe in that anyway tho, and I think it's since been said that the other clothes were likely not hers, although some media are still reporting it might be. Sigh.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,053
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    46
    They've found her bike in a pond. They believe its her bike, looks like it is. No 100% confirmation yet.


    Her bike


    found bike



    They are now searching for more in that same pond. Its dark already over here but i do believe they will find something/her.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Denise884; 10-05-2017 at 01:58 PM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Denise884 View Post
    update 4 hours ago. the militairy is going to search for her.
    need to correct myself:

    The family of 25-year-old Anne Faber wants military specialists to help search for the missing Utrecht woman, a spokesperson for the family said in a statement on Thursday. Anne disappeared while cycling on Friday evening.
    "Now after five days it is time to expand the search", the family spokesperson said, according to NU.nl. He suggests getting help from so-called military combat trackers - soldiers trained to search for tracks and traces in any terrain. "With every day that passess without a decisisve breakthrough in the investigation, the chances that she will be found get smaller."

    A spokesperson for Defense told NU.nl that the Ministry hasn't yet received an official request for aid from the local authorities. "Military help is often called in if it has added value, such as the combat trackers", the spokesperson said. "The police also have enough capacity, but if they need extra capacity, they can ask."
    Defense assisted in searches for missing persons in the past. For example, soldiers were deployed in the search for brothers Ruben (9) and Julian (7) in 2013. The boys were later found dead. The authorities believe their father killed them.
    Anne Faber left her home in Rijnsweerd, Utrecht on a black bicycle on Friday afternoon. She went cycling on a regular basis. Around 6:50 p.m. she sent a selfie to her boyfriend. The poho shows her standing in the rain in Baarn. That was the last time anyone heard from her. Based on her phone data, the police determined that Anne was cycling on roue 115802, from Soest towards De Bilt, after that selfie was taken.
    After several unsuccessful searches in Baarn and Soest, clothing was found in Huis ter Heide that the police believe belong to Anne Faber. The clothing items are currently at the Netherlands Forensic Institute for investiggation. A police spokesperson told NU.nl that it has "top priority". On Wednesday another police spokesperson said that they hoped to get certainty about the clothing on Wednesday, but according to the cop that spoke to NU.nl, that was based on a misnunderstanding.
    Today the police are continuing their search in Huis ter Heide. They're searching in a wider circle around the spot where the clothing was found.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,257
    Bicycle found that 'resembles' Anne's bike: https://nos.nl/artikel/2196416-fiets...nne-faber.html

    Also here with more pics: http://www.rtvutrecht.nl/nieuws/1670...ter-heide.html


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,053
    https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/dreggen...ialsharing_web



    Divers are currently dragging in the pond of the Blookerpark near Huis ter Heide for the body of the missing Anne Faber. At the beginning of the evening a bicycle was found in the water. Everything points to it being that the bike of 25-year-old woman from Utrecht.

    Police divers have been searching down the bottom of the pond with a camera since 19.30 hours. The camera hangs on a long rope. The pond is not far from the cycle path where yesterday there was an extensive search and possibly some clothing from Anne was found.

    The search was stopped around half past nine minutes in anticipation of the arrival of the fire brigade. This will probably have to provide an adequate lighting of the pond.


    BBM


    OMG....... horrible.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,053
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,100
    but... wow.

    Could Anne swim? Could she have been hit by a vehicle that then propelled her, injured, into this pond? Amazing they found that bike. Tragic actually...
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
    Margaret Mead

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaZara View Post
    https://www.ad.nl/binnenland/dreggen...ialsharing_web



    Divers are currently dragging in the pond of the Blookerpark near Huis ter Heide for the body of the missing Anne Faber. At the beginning of the evening a bicycle was found in the water. Everything points to it being that the bike of 25-year-old woman from Utrecht.

    Police divers have been searching down the bottom of the pond with a camera since 19.30 hours. The camera hangs on a long rope. The pond is not far from the cycle path where yesterday there was an extensive search and possibly some clothing from Anne was found.

    The search was stopped around half past nine minutes in anticipation of the arrival of the fire brigade. This will probably have to provide an adequate lighting of the pond.


    BBM


    OMG....... horrible.
    there is a video where they are dragging in the pond. its a facebook video but from a local news site. can i post it over here?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaZara View Post
    i'm not sure for how long that bike was in the water. not for a long time, i agree.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by AzPistonsGirl View Post
    but... wow.

    Could Anne swim? Could she have been hit by a vehicle that then propelled her, injured, into this pond? Amazing they found that bike. Tragic actually...
    most Dutch people can swim. All of us get swimming lessons on elementary school. thats because this country has lots of water.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased CA - Brayan Rodriguez, 20, Valencia, 22 Sept 2017 *Arrest*
    By Dalagali in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-27-2017, 10:35 PM
  2. Found Safe Canada - L F, 6, Saint-Eustache, PQ, 14 Sept 2017 *Arrest*
    By sillybilly in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 09-27-2017, 07:54 AM
  3. Found Safe CA - Kerry Bresnahan, 52, Rancho Mirage, 25 Sept 2017
    By LisaWL7TR in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2017, 02:59 PM
  4. Found Safe The Netherlands - Alma, 2, Nazih, 4, & Hassan Jasem, 5, Enschede, 20 May 2017 *Arrest
    By JanetElaine in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-03-2017, 05:50 PM

Tags for this Thread