Identified! AL - Opelika, skeletal remains in woods, Jan'06 - Joseph Spicer

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/news/local/13641774.htm

Police seek information on bones found in woods

Human skeletal remains were discovered in a wooded area off Anderson Road, Opelika, Ala., about 3 p.m. Sunday, Opelika police reported Monday.

The remains, discovered by hunters, appear to have been in the woods for a long time.

Cpl. Bobby Kilgore said the remains have not been identified. They have been sent to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences for analysis.

"We are even waiting for the sex of the remains," Kilgore said. "We don't have any other information."

The identities of the hunters have not been released, he said, nor have police said how the remains were found.

Anyone with information about the case should call the police department's Investigative Services Division at 334-705-5220 or the department's secret witness line at 334-745-8665.

Just bumping this interesting post up. Wonder if the sex was determined?

I'm not finding any updates on this case. Nothing in DoeNetwork or NamUs. A google archives search only comes up with the article in the op. I can't find a link to the Lee county Alabama medical examiners office. (Tried to see if they have their UID's online like some counties do.)

Since we have another current case in Opelika, I thought I'd bump this. Anyone contact Opelika County about the current case in the news? If so, perhaps someone wouldn't mind asking about this case from January 2006 so we can determine if these remains are still unidentified?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back