Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cp24.com/news/markham-ma...-be-home-soon-before-he-disappeared-1.3618936
attachment.php

The family of a 38-year-old Markham father who was reported missing on Wednesday made an impassioned plea for his safe return on live television this afternoon.

Eugene Kim was last seen by his family on Monday morning at 7 a.m. in the area of Bayview Avenue and Royal Orchard Bouelvard.

Later at 9 p.m., his brother Sean says he texted his wife to tell him he would be home in an hour. He texted again hours later after his wife asked where he was to say he would be home "soon."
Police traced the call to a cell tower in the area of North Bay, approximately a 335 kilometre drive north of where he was last seen on Monday.

Sean Kim says his brother also paid for a permit to enter nearby Algonquin Park sometime later. Park staff says he was with someone when he paid for the permit, but Eugene’s family does not know who that person is.

Sean said family members set out for Algonquin Park on Wednesday to search for him. Brown said officers from two separate OPP detachments as well as conservation officers in Algonquin are searching campgrounds for Eugene.

His family and police say it is extremely out of character for him to be away from his wife and two children, a six-year-old boy and a two-year-old girl.

Eugene is described as a Korean male, standing five-feet-nine inches tall, weighing 185 pounds. He has black hair and wears eyeglasses

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,519
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/eugene-kim-north-bay-markham-missing-1.4330447
Eugene Kim, a father of two, was last seen Monday at approximately 7 a.m. at his family's home in the Bayview Avenue and Royal Orchard Boulevard area. He reportedly dropped his children, ages six and two, off at school that morning as usual, but later disappeared in what his family says was a move completely out of character.

Kim, his family says, works in corporate sales for a wireless company. He reportedly told his wife he had an important client meeting Monday and had a deal to close.

But according to York Regional Police, Kim never did show up to work. A text message sent to his wife that evening around 9 p.m. saying he would be home in an hour was traced to a cell phone tower in North Bay.

A final text message was sent around 11:20 p.m. to his wife, saying he would be home soon, the family says. The hope was that he would turn up within the next 24 hours, but when he didn't come, his family reported him missing.

Meanwhile, Kim's family says he has no history of illness and that nothing out of the ordinary took place in the days leading up to his disappearance.
eugene-kim.png
Kim is described as Korean, male, 5'9", 185 lbs. with black hair. His vehicle is described as a black Nissan Rogue with the license plate BJJD108. (York Regional Police)

Sept. 5 2017
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/search-pa...ark-to-look-for-missing-markham-man-1.3620869
[h=1]Search party headed to Algonquin Park to look for missing Markham man[/h]
Staff at the park reported seeing Kim with someone when he purchased the permit but the identity of that person is not known.

Investigators say they currently have no reason to believe that Kim’s disappearance is linked to anything criminal but his family says this behaviour is extremely out of character for him.

Officers from two OPP detachments and Algonquin Park conservation officers are searching area campgrounds for Kim.

Kim, according to police, has no known link to the North Bay area but enjoys camping.

http://www.cp24.com/news/please-hel...r-info-about-missing-markham-father-1.3620412
attachment.php

October 5, 2017 4:46PM EDT The family of a Markham man who’s been missing since Monday say they’re “dumbfounded” by his disappearance and just want to know that he’s safe.
Eugene Kim’s family last saw the 38-year-old father of two on Monday morning in the area of Bayview Avenue and Royal Orchard Boulevard and say they have reason to believe he is now in northern Ontario.
Speaking with CP24 Thursday, Kim’s wife Christine said through tears that she just wants to know that her husband is ok and appealed to anyone with information to come forward.

“Please help us – somebody has seen him, please,” she said.
“If he took off on his own, which I find crazy, I just want to know that you’re safe. And then you take whatever time you need. I just want to know you’re safe.”

Kim’s brother-in-law Scott Lim said that Kim’s disappearance has baffled the family.

“Eugene is a standup guy. Above anything else his kids are paramount in his life, alongside his wife,” he said. “He tells me all the time he cherishes those small moments where he gets the kids ready – wakes them up, puts them to bed – those are the moments he cherishes the most.

“So for him to just abandon that, out of thin air, I’m completely dumbfounded about why he would do that. His kids are his world.”
rbbm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,405
Is it interesting that the gender of the "person" he was with has not been made public (anywhere I can see)? I think it is odd and interesting.

They have "reason to believe" he is in N.Ontario now. Hmmm.

I hope he is safe indeed and can take the time he needs once everyone knows he is safe.

This case baffles me.

No history of mental illness. THAT THEY KNOW OF.
You can have a mental breakdown at any time in your life with no known previous history of mental illness. Although it doesn't really sound like it in this case, however, it's hard to tell because there have only been texts. Who's to say if it was a phone call that the wife would be able to sense trepidation in Eugene's voice.

the 2nd scenario I'm guessing is - he's no longer in North Bay. Why can't they find him? Are they tracking his phone at all? Is it an Iphone where they can use TrackMyIPhone? Not sure what they have for Android phones....

3rd scenario is - he's leading a double life of some sort. Something shady is going on with him that his family has NO IDEA about. Maybe he's in trouble with someone and they drove all the way out to North Bay to deal with the situation.

At this point the possibilities are endless.

Just my two sense.

I'm hoping for your 3rd scenario. Maybe he has a mistress and now it's about to be made public and he's trying to figure out how to hide that? I hope that's all it is.

Being in the park with someone sounds sinister though. As if he was convinced to drive there for some reason. Maybe he was carjacked/kidnapped, or there was some shady deal going down, or something that has now gone sideways.

. Maybe he was carjacked/kidnapped, or there was some shady deal going down, or something that has now gone sideways.

That's a very real possibility. After all - it's been said that he has "no known ties to North Bay" - even though he does love camping.

We are not even sure he sent those texts. IMO

Very true. It could be someone who found his phone (or.........*gasp*....his killer????) , and felt compelled to play mind games and respond in such a way to whomever was sending him texts (i/e his wife). But why the "I can't talk right now?" it was random. He initiated that text. It doesn't appear (at this point) that "I can't talk right now" was in response to anything his wife sent.

Very strange indeed.

I didn't see the "can't talk right now" part. I read 2 texted, 1 at 9pm saying he would be home in an hour and 2nd after 11pm saying he would be home soon. I must be missing something. Also, he dropped his kids off and didn't show at work. If something happened to him it would most likely happen in the AM I would think. Someone could have been buying time to get out of town. I would like to know the sex of the person he may have been seen with. IMO I do hope he left on his own for whatever reason.

This is so strange. I've been following since Tuesday.

He's been known to go camping in Algonquin Park according to family. It's like a favourite spot for him.

I honestly don't know what to make of it. If they hadn't mentioned he bought a park pass and was with another person I would really be assuming the worst, but somehow I'm not convinced he didn't disappear himself.

MOO

Let's just say....it was a woman. Why drive up to North Bay, I wonder? Why that specific place? Have they searched his browser history??? His phone history from his service provider that would perhaps give hints to a woman he knows up there? Or a woman he knows in the city that he planned on taking trip with?

Now let's just say it was a man that he's been doing shady business with and drove to North Bay. It was reported he had 'no ties to North Bay' that they know of. They've been doing helicopter searches. I wonder have they done searches on foot? They were seen buying a camping permit. I wonder is that place at/near Algonquin Park? Was there surveillance of them actually going in the park or just at the place where they bought the permit? (can't remember).... and if there was, how is it that they can't find him in there. (Unless he's dead and ditched somewhere)...but let's say he isn't. Is there an alternate exit in Algonquin Park that they could have left from? Wouldn't they have surveillance cameras catching that?

I'm thinking they know the sex of the person he was with and until they do a background check on this person they aren't revealing much about them. Just my opinion.

So many unanswered questions and here I go just rambling away.....:gaah:

A regular camper at Algonquin would likely be bringing a canoe and would make a reservation ahead of time, They have to leave all their contact info, and vehicle license plate number with the Ranger. I don't know if ID is required - can't remember, but will ask DH. They also need to record their anticipated exit time so that rangers can be alerted if they don't arrive back when they are expected. If a companion brought him there, then one of them needed to leave the information. This probably happened since his presence there was confirmed.

He wasn't reported missing until Wednesday. Was that his anticipated return date in the park? There was rain and strong winds on Wednesday. If he had gone to Algonquin on his own accord, then he may have run into problems on the way out.

This is a very disturbing situation. He had plenty of time to gather his gear for a wee holiday in Algonquin. It's a spectacular time of year to be there, and the forecast was good.

ETA: I asked DH, and he said that he has never been asked for ID, but that he enters the park in an off road access that has no rangers. He pays by credit card.

Kim, who works for a wireless company, called in sick to work Monday.

His employer didn’t know about the business deal Kim had told his family about.

Kim bought a one-night camping permit for Algonquin Park at Voyager Outfitters on Monday afternoon.

Police said they’ve received tips about Kim’s whereabouts, including one that suggested he wasn’t alone in his vehicle when he was near the park, but they haven’t been able to confirm it yet.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...or-missing-markham-man-in-algonquin-park.html

Was there surveillance of them actually going in the park or just at the place where they bought the permit? (can't remember).... and if there was, how is it that they can't find him in there. (Unless he's dead and ditched somewhere)...but let's say he isn't. Is there an alternate exit in Algonquin Park that they could have left from? Wouldn't they have surveillance cameras catching that?

There are countless access and exit points, with miles and miles of which have no surveillance. It is 3000 square miles in size with 2400 lakes. It's the great Ontario outback, bigger than the state of Delaware.

Although the article above states that he bought his permit from Voyageur Outfitters, that is most not likely the case. The Outfitters is right beside the Parks Office. Camping permits are only available from Ont. Parks reservations, at the Parks Office. The Outfitters doesn't sell the permit. But, they do rent gear, which would be about the only reason a person would go to the Outfitters.

If he went to the Outfitters, then it is most likely that he went of his own accord. He would be fitted with a proper life jacket, or boots, or whatever they needed. Had he been hijacked, or kidnapped, this would not be a reasonable route for them to take.

I feel so sorry for his wife.

There are countless access and exit points, with miles and miles of which have no surveillance. It is 3000 square miles in size with 2400 lakes. It's the great Ontario outback, bigger than the state of Delaware.

Although the article above states that he bought his permit from Voyageur Outfitters, that is most not likely the case. The Outfitters is right beside the Parks Office. Camping permits are only available from Ont. Parks reservations, at the Parks Office. The Outfitters doesn't sell the permit. But, they do rent gear, which would be about the only reason a person would go to the Outfitters.

If he went to the Outfitters, then it is most likely that he went of his own accord. He would be fitted with a proper life jacket, or boots, or whatever they needed. Had he been hijacked, or kidnapped, this would not be a reasonable route for them to take.

LAST MINUTE PLANNING AND PARK PERMITS

Please note you cannot make a park reservation 3 days or less before your trip start day. The Ontario Parks staff cannot book anything less than 72 hours before a trip start. You can however simply show up and purchase park permits on your arrival day from the Park office at select access points. The park office at access point #1 is right across the parking lot from Voyageur Quest Outfitting.

http://voyageuroutfitting.com/algonquin-park-permits/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back