1391 users online (272 members and 1119 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 337
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,735
    Kim, who works for a wireless company, called in sick to work Monday.

    His employer didnít know about the business deal Kim had told his family about.

    Kim bought a one-night camping permit for Algonquin Park at Voyager Outfitters on Monday afternoon.

    Police said theyíve received tips about Kimís whereabouts, including one that suggested he wasnít alone in his vehicle when he was near the park, but they havenít been able to confirm it yet.

    https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...quin-park.html

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,112
    Quote Originally Posted by swanniee11 View Post
    FB says he is originally from Sault Ste-Marie, a fair distance but direct line to North Bay, imo.fwiw.
    http://www.ontournet.com/page42.php
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspektor Clueso View Post

    Was there surveillance of them actually going in the park or just at the place where they bought the permit? (can't remember).... and if there was, how is it that they can't find him in there. (Unless he's dead and ditched somewhere)...but let's say he isn't. Is there an alternate exit in Algonquin Park that they could have left from? Wouldn't they have surveillance cameras catching that?
    There are countless access and exit points, with miles and miles of which have no surveillance. It is 3000 square miles in size with 2400 lakes. It's the great Ontario outback, bigger than the state of Delaware.

    Although the article above states that he bought his permit from Voyageur Outfitters, that is most not likely the case. The Outfitters is right beside the Parks Office. Camping permits are only available from Ont. Parks reservations, at the Parks Office. The Outfitters doesn't sell the permit. But, they do rent gear, which would be about the only reason a person would go to the Outfitters.

    If he went to the Outfitters, then it is most likely that he went of his own accord. He would be fitted with a proper life jacket, or boots, or whatever they needed. Had he been hijacked, or kidnapped, this would not be a reasonable route for them to take.
    Last edited by musicaljoke; 10-06-2017 at 01:57 PM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,820
    I feel so sorry for his wife.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,735
    Quote Originally Posted by musicaljoke View Post
    There are countless access and exit points, with miles and miles of which have no surveillance. It is 3000 square miles in size with 2400 lakes. It's the great Ontario outback, bigger than the state of Delaware.

    Although the article above states that he bought his permit from Voyageur Outfitters, that is most not likely the case. The Outfitters is right beside the Parks Office. Camping permits are only available from Ont. Parks reservations, at the Parks Office. The Outfitters doesn't sell the permit. But, they do rent gear, which would be about the only reason a person would go to the Outfitters.

    If he went to the Outfitters, then it is most likely that he went of his own accord. He would be fitted with a proper life jacket, or boots, or whatever they needed. Had he been hijacked, or kidnapped, this would not be a reasonable route for them to take.
    LAST MINUTE PLANNING AND PARK PERMITS

    Please note you cannot make a park reservation 3 days or less before your trip start day. The Ontario Parks staff cannot book anything less than 72 hours before a trip start. You can however simply show up and purchase park permits on your arrival day from the Park office at select access points. The park office at access point #1 is right across the parking lot from Voyageur Quest Outfitting.

    http://voyageuroutfitting.com/algonquin-park-permits/

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    1,764
    Very interesting. It does sound like he did go there out of his own free will.
    Also is it possible it's a look alike that is driving his car and using his cards. If there were 2 people in the car, it's possible there is another car close by. So they will make it seem like they are in the park while they use the second car as a get away.
    I do hope he's safe and just needed to get away, for whatever reason.

    All moo

    Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Southwest Ontario
    Posts
    1,392
    The weather is still relatively good, actually exceptional for this time of year. If he's camping out somewhere it's very do-able and comfortable. it's going to be quite warm in southern Ontario this weekend so I would imagine that it would still be nice in Algonquin.

    I don't think he's still there. I think he's travelling to somewhere.

    Just a thought and I know it's out there but here goes. I wonder if he was setting up a perceived disappearance in the park and when no sign of him is found he would be presumed dead. He wouldn't be the first person to go missing in Algonquin Park never to be seen again. Algonquin has certainly seen it's share of tragedy over the years. This would then leave him to start a new life with someone else.

    It's all very bizarre.

    MOO
    What goes around comes around

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgrove View Post
    The weather is still relatively good, actually exceptional for this time of year. If he's camping out somewhere it's very do-able and comfortable. it's going to be quite warm in southern Ontario this weekend so I would imagine that it would still be nice in Algonquin.

    I don't think he's still there. I think he's travelling to somewhere.

    Just a thought and I know it's out there but here goes. I wonder if he was setting up a perceived disappearance in the park and when no sign of him is found he would be presumed dead. He wouldn't be the first person to go missing in Algonquin Park never to be seen again. Algonquin has certainly seen it's share of tragedy over the years. This would then leave him to start a new life with someone else.

    It's all very bizarre.

    MOO
    I think you could be right. If he was at the Outfitters at 4:30pm, then that's fairly late to be arriving at the park unless he wasn't planning to get very far into the wilderness. And, if he was making cell phone calls late into the evening, then he didn't stray far from the gate. I don't believe that there is cell phone service much beyond the main entrance.

  9. #24
    GigTu's Avatar
    GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    7,784
    I feel sorry for his kids.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,112
    MEDIA Release.
    http://www.yrp.ca/en/Modules/News/in...1-70c7d4371ea7
    York Regional Police is seeking public assistance in locating a 38-year-old man missing from the City of Markham.

    Eugene KIM was last seen on Monday, October 2, 2017, at approximately 7 a.m., at the family home in the area of Bayview Avenue and Royal Orchard Boulevard. On October 2, 2017, at approximately 4:30 p.m., his cell phone was used in the North Bay area. Police and his family are concerned for his well-being as it is extremely out of character to not be home each night and it is unknown why he would be in North Bay.

    Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact police.
    Description:


    • Male, Korean
    • 38 years
    • 5’9, 185 lbs.
    • Black hair
    Vehicle:

    • Black, Nissan Rogue
    • License plate BJJD 108
    Anyone with information is asked to contact the York Regional Police #2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 1-866-876-5423, ext.7241, or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-tips, or leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com or text your tip to CRIMES (274637) starting with the word YORK.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3
    It's critical to find his vehicle.

    In many ways its almost harder to hide a vehicle than a person. I've dug into this story and looked into who he is and I think it's more likely he was trying to conduct a profitable (although probably immoral) business deal than to sneak off with some mistress. The man has a great network of friends and family with two beautiful kids and a loving wife. That doesn't mean it's not possible he had a secret life (he called in to work sick while telling his wife he was closing a deal FOR work) but I just don't think he's that type. He is a healthy 38 year old that 'appears' to be as stable a man as one can be - held the same job for 11 years. Algonquin Park rangers have searched the park, and there is just no evidence to suggest he was ever there or went off road.

    He told his wife he was an hour away from home, and if that was really him texting AND he was telling the truth that would mean he was heading back to Richmond Hill. Why even give an ETA if you didn't mean it? Something happened, and maybe this unknown contact decided to overpower him. It's incredible that NO ONE has seen that black Nissan Rogue. It's easy to identify with a pretty unique license plate number for this area. It just seems more like an abduction than anything else. I think someone is concealing the vehicle. Parked in someone's garage or hangar. Whoever did it probably had an accomplice, or at the very least has knowledge of his stolen vehicle somewhere. It's been 4 full days now I strongly suspect someone is concealing that vehicle from the public eye, AND someone knows about it that isn't coming forward.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    It's critical to find his vehicle.

    In many ways its almost harder to hide a vehicle than a person. I've dug into this story and looked into who he is and I think it's more likely he was trying to conduct a profitable (although probably immoral) business deal than to sneak off with some mistress. The man has a great network of friends and family with two beautiful kids and a loving wife. That doesn't mean it's not possible he had a secret life (he called in to work sick while telling his wife he was closing a deal FOR work) but I just don't think he's that type. He is a healthy 38 year old that 'appears' to be as stable a man as one can be - held the same job for 11 years. Algonquin Park rangers have searched the park, and there is just no evidence to suggest he was ever there or went off road.

    He told his wife he was an hour away from home, and if that was really him texting AND he was telling the truth that would mean he was heading back to Richmond Hill. Why even give an ETA if you didn't mean it? Something happened, and maybe this unknown contact decided to overpower him. It's incredible that NO ONE has seen that black Nissan Rogue. It's easy to identify with a pretty unique license plate number for this area. It just seems more like an abduction than anything else. I think someone is concealing the vehicle. Parked in someone's garage or hangar. Whoever did it probably had an accomplice, or at the very least has knowledge of his stolen vehicle somewhere. It's been 4 full days now I strongly suspect someone is concealing that vehicle from the public eye, AND someone knows about it that isn't coming forward.
    Welcome to Ws Warden!

    http://www.680news.com/2017/10/05/po...arkham-father/

    black Nissan Rouge with licence plate BJJD-108.
    The family says Kim called his wife around 4:30 p.m. saying he was coming home after his meeting was done. That was followed up at around 9:30 p.m. when Kim texted his wife to say the deal was done and he would be home in an hour.

    When he didn’t show up, Kim’s wife texted him at around 11:22 p.m. and got a message back saying he couldn’t talk at that moment.

    That was the last time anyone heard from Kim.
    Lim says they’ve also learned that the phone call was made from somewhere in the North Bay area and that at 5 p.m. on Monday afternoon, Kim signed for a camping permit in Algonquin Park.
    “He doesn’t have an affiliation with anyone that’s known to police, he’s mentally healthy, physically healthy. He’s a joyful guy, no major stresses – nothing out of the ordinary.”
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by AzPistonsGirl View Post
    Is it interesting that the gender of the "person" he was with has not been made public (anywhere I can see)? I think it is odd and interesting.
    That was also a red flag for me. I wonder if the family was told the gender of the person. If it's a man it sounds dubious, if it's a woman, it sounds like he's off on a fling.

    Another thing that people aren't considering is that you can enter Algonquin Park and drive through it without a pass. The only time you need to have an entry pass or permit is when you park at one of the lots. If someone was up to no good, why create a paper trail by buying a pass? They would have just told him to keep driving into the park and just pull into any lot. Also, there's no rule that says you have to purchase a permit with a credit card. He could have easily paid in cash.

    They haven't said if they've been able to ring his phone, or if it's switched off or going to voicemail. Or if he has a social media account of some kind and if he's logged into one of those at some point.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    19
    Possible Theories:

    http://muskoka411.com/start/west-par...on-on-hwy-612/
    25 year old male reported missing since Oct 3, involved in collision possibly between Oct 2 to Oct 3. Close to Algonquin Park.

    http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/police-bust...akes-1.3622395
    2000 Marijuana plants bust in Kawartha Lakes, close to Algonquin Park. 11 people arrested, 5 cars SEIZED. Raid happened on Oct 4th.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    FB says he is originally from Sault Ste-Marie, a fair distance but direct line to North Bay, imo.fwiw.
    If he was intending to go to Sault Ste Marie, it would have been faster just to driving up the 400. Going to algonquin and north bay just adds on an extra 100km to the drive.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CANADA Canada - Markham, Ont, WhtMale 1084UMON, 20-40, female clothes, Jul'80
    By chicoliving in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-21-2016, 12:37 PM
  2. CANADA Canada - Fang Lin, 40, Markham ON, 21 Apr 2011
    By Patience in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2015, 11:06 AM
  3. GUILTY Canada - Alicia Ross, 25, Markham ON, 17 Aug 2005
    By Tranaice in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 107
    Last Post: 06-30-2015, 02:48 PM
  4. CANADA Canada - Isabelle Brooks, 72, Markham ON, 4 March 1972
    By tarabull in forum 1970's Missing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2013, 04:47 PM