1444 users online (269 members and 1175 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vmmking View Post
    Whether this particular threat from the same article is credible or not, I have been worried there might be copycat attacks.

"Meanwhile, the FBI is warning law enforcement partners of a potential threat to New York City's Times Square. According to a situational information report issued by the FBI and obtained by ABC News, an Instagram user on Wednesday afternoon posted, 'I'm a Syrian refugee and I'm going to do something big in New York on Friday.' The user also wrote, 'I'm going to make the Las Vegas attack look small on Friday at Times Square.' "

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    That persons IP address was traced to Africa so I think it’s just someone stirring the pot

I’ve seen a few theories on mental disorders being posted... I feel like with as little as we know about this guy right now, you could literally flip to a random page of the DSM, throw a dart at it, and make whatever it landed on fit. We don’t have anything close to even the beginnings of a real understanding of this guy, and descriptions of him are all hearsay and all over the place. He may have had one, but the police are saying he’s a mystery. I doubt some gossip being regurgitated in newspapers paints a better or more holistic picture than the investigators have.

BetteDavisEyes is online now "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Police ‘Confident’ No One Else in Shooter’s Room Before Las Vegas Attack
    by Kasie Hunt, Tom Winter, Pete Williams and Phil McCausland

Investigators are "confident" that no one else entered the Las Vegas hotel suite before a gunman opened fire on a crowd of thousands of concertgoers, killing 58 people in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Undersheriff Kevin McMahill said Friday in an interview that police don't believe anyone entered the room at Mandalay Bay prior to the shooting carried out by Stephen Paddock Sunday night.

Earlier, senior law enforcement sources said investigators were puzzled by a charger that did not appear to match any of Paddock’s cellphones. Police have now been able to match all of the cell phone chargers found in the room with multiple cell phones that Paddock had with him.

A motive in the shooting remains elusive. "This agency wants to give answers. We owe it to the victims and the victims' families," McMahill said. "It's really a frustrating piece of this investigation." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/la...attack-n808431

Quote Originally Posted by rsd1200 View Post
    Just a thought, he may have had another vehicle parked somewhere. One vehicle that we know about had lots of ammo in it but it also had 50 pounds of Tannerite in that vehicle too. If you're not familiar with Tannerite, go to youtube and search:

30lbs of tannerite vs 79 Ford Bronco

I think he'd planned to exit down the stairs, beside his suite, and make a run to where he'd parked his vehicle. Once there, he'd shoot some rounds into the tannerite loaded vehicle from a pretty far piece, which would not only create a diversion, but likely have killed a lot more folks. He would then drive off in another vehicle, or, throw down the firearm and grab a taxi to the airport in all of the craziness, and ultimately end up in another country. He could have even planned to fly one of his planes out. There's also a possibility that he left her i.d. there and wired the funds, as a way to set her up to take the fall, while he's sitting in another country somewhere. Even if he lost his pilot's license, with the amount of money he was flashing around, he could have gotten a fake pilot i.d. from somewhere.

Might sound crazy but that Tannerite is crazy stuff.
    Running down 32 flights of stairs would be a very time consuming endeavor. Those stairwells have exit doors at every floor which would have allowed law enforcement to pin the shooter down in the stairwell. All this is discounting the fact that it has been reported that the shooter had the stairwell barricaded.

Too bad Las Vegas does not have that "no outsiders welcome" policy. Paddock may never have gotten a reservation in that hotel if they had.

Question about the stairwells. Were they an emergency exit only stairwell? The ones with alarms? Is that why the security officer was checking on the floor because the door alarm went off?

Quote Originally Posted by RAISINISBACK View Post
    Running down 32 flights of stairs would be a very time consuming endeavor. Those stairwells have exit doors at every floor which would have allowed law enforcement to pin the shooter down in the stairwell. All this is discounting the fact that it has been reported that the shooter had the stairwell barricaded.

Too bad Las Vegas does not have that "no outsiders welcome" policy. Paddock may never have gotten a reservation in that hotel if they had.
    -The entire stairwell was reported barricaded?
    -Please explain “no outsiders welcome” policy.
    TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddeeds View Post
    -The entire stairwell was reported barricaded?
    -Please explain “no outsiders welcome” policy.
    TIA!
    BBM

I don't know. CNN just reported that the stairwell on the 32nd floor had been barricaded and they assumed it was done by the shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    Police ‘Confident’ No One Else in Shooter’s Room Before Las Vegas Attack
    by Kasie Hunt, Tom Winter, Pete Williams and Phil McCausland

Investigators are "confident" that no one else entered the Las Vegas hotel suite before a gunman opened fire on a crowd of thousands of concertgoers, killing 58 people in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Undersheriff Kevin McMahill said Friday in an interview that police don't believe anyone entered the room at Mandalay Bay prior to the shooting carried out by Stephen Paddock Sunday night.

Earlier, senior law enforcement sources said investigators were puzzled by a charger that did not appear to match any of Paddock’s cellphones. Police have now been able to match all of the cell phone chargers found in the room with multiple cell phones that Paddock had with him.

A motive in the shooting remains elusive. "This agency wants to give answers. We owe it to the victims and the victims' families," McMahill said. "It's really a frustrating piece of this investigation." ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/la...attack-n808431
    Why would he need so many cell phones? Investigating those and the history should prove interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    Sometimes, in an effort to save the patient some money, doctors will prescribe a higher dose with the understanding that the patient will cut the table in half. My husband has had this with his cholesterol and BP meds. And Valium is an easily cut tablet. Just a thought...
    I thought about this, too, as that's what I've done in the past. However, guy supposedly had millions. But I do think someone else was on to something when they mentioned this was a more regular dose for detoxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Why would he need so many cell phones? Investigating those and the history should prove interesting.
    Burner phone? Illegal activity/black market. I'm thinking he was a gun runner

I thought about this, too, as that's what I've done in the past. However, guy supposedly had millions. But I do think someone else was on to something when they mentioned this was a more regular dose for detoxing.

A doc wouldn't do that with valium

Quote Originally Posted by Hiandmighty View Post
    A doc wouldn't do that with valium
    Doctors do it with clonazepam and lorazepam, which are also in this class.

Doctors do it with clonazepam and lorazepam, which are also in this class.

As well as with alprazolam (xanax) and diazepam (valium).

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    I read he was worried about being without coverage so he had two phones from two different carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I read he was worried about being without coverage so he had two phones from two different carriers.
    Who was calling him? By all accounts, the guy has no friends and doesn’t even talk to his family often. Weird.

Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast