1471 users online (277 members and 1194 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
    Also...she doesn't have brown eyes? They look pretty blue to me. Surely even the detectives can see that in the only photo? Why not change the description?

Weird, weird and weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitoki View Post
    Yeah, absolutely - I remember now that was part of my backpedal. Too many movies

I'm still finding the lack of active campaigning by family and photographs just baffling.

Though they may be using other means - it's possible someone with money would hire a private investigator who they may feel will be more effective than public campaigns. And it seems her husband wasn't really a social media user, which means he may not even consider setting up a Facebook page to generate interest - I know my hubby wouldn't even know where to start. Everyone seems to have worked out privacy settings these days, too so it's possible whole campaigns are going in within her social circle that we simply won't see. And probably a good thing.
    People who have a bit of money, or appear to have a bit of money, often do not like revealing themselves to the media. They have others do that for them.

They do not like to invite cranks, or break-and-enters. I was a bit surprised that Elisa's family home in Surrey Hills was pictured in the media, front and back. There have been many, many cases here on WS where the home of the missing person/victim is not shown at all, or very little. We have had to Google walk all around it to get the layout or positioning.
    Things are not what they appear to be. Nor are they otherwise.
    - Surangama Sutra

Quote Originally Posted by BoysTown View Post
    Also...she doesn't have brown eyes? They look pretty blue to me. Surely even the detectives can see that in the only photo? Why not change the description?

Weird, weird and weird!
    I hope the media shows us what is being displayed at the information caravan this weekend.

I am interested to see if they have more photos, or a mannequin, or a public flyer.

It seems that, if this caravan does not yield any results, the searches are going to cease.

From tomorrow an information caravan will be set up outside the general store on the Great Ocean Road, and will be available on Saturday and Sunday from 9am until 5pm.

Inspector Peter Seel said police search crews would be withdrawn from the Surf Coast if no miraculous breakthrough is made.

“After all the areas that we want looked at again today, we will be withdrawing the ground searching,” Insp Seel said this morning.

“At this stage it’s really about supplying answers to the family, giving them some closure.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...4a7a02bab138c9
    Last edited by SouthAussie; 10-06-2017 at 06:52 PM.
    - Surangama Sutra

Weird, weird and weird!
    And if she is wearing expensive coloured contact lenses (I have a hazel-eyed friend who loves her beautiful green coloured contact lenses), a mixed colour eye description would be more appropriate.
    - Surangama Sutra

Yeah, I hope so too South Aussie...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthAussie View Post
    And if she is wearing expensive coloured contact lenses (I have a hazel-eyed friend who loves her beautiful green coloured contact lenses), a mixed colour eye description would be more appropriate.
    But surely the only photo they release wouldnt be one that alters her normal appearance?

Unless of course she wore coloured contacts everyday

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    my god sleuth... the horror.. may I ask, was it their own shower?? at their own home, or did they hire a room somewhere else? or go to someone else's place?... ( that is the only detail I want,.. )...... trusting mental health patients, .. what a fraught area , absolutely no one is a 'textbook-case'..... they write their own..
    Trooper, I feel some of your comments re mental illness and suicide are a little insensitive, considering we also have members here on these threads who have lost family members and loved ones due to mental illness and suicide.

They are not matters to joke about and I feel that a little more respect should be shown in Elisa's case !!!

But surely the only photo they release wouldnt be one that alters her normal appearance?

Unless of course she wore coloured contacts everyday
    My friend wears her coloured contacts every day. She cannot see well without them. They are not just for the colour, they are also to correct her vision. They go in when she gets out of bed in the morning, they come out when she goes to bed at night.
    - Surangama Sutra

My friend wears her coloured contacts every day. She cannot see well without them. They are not just for the colour, they are also to correct her vision. They go in when she gets out of bed in the morning, they come out when she goes to bed at night.
    Yes, I have worn coloured lenses in the past for vision (not everyday though as they are $$)

It's just a really important thing to have messed up or not mentioned that she sometimes wears them?

Yes, I have worn coloured lenses in the past for vision (not everyday though as they are $$)

It's just a really important thing to have messed up or not mentioned that she sometimes wears them?
    I completely agree with you. I feel that there should have been two side-by-side pics of Elisa released. One with her everyday look, and one showing how she looks when she is running (hair tied back/sunnies on/whatever).

As well, I am truly surprised that the family have not cranked out missing person flyers by now (it doesn't take very long to do that), and stuck them up all over the area. It would be a useful, productive thing to do ... something the children could even be involved in, if they desired, so they could feel like they are helping their mother.

Last edited by SouthAussie; 10-06-2017 at 07:22 PM.
    - Surangama Sutra

Is the colour in the contact lenses part of the corrective aspect of the lenses? Or just an aethestic option for corrective lenses? Either way, that's cool :-) I know, completely off topic, but I've not heard of corrective lenses being coloured before, I thought it was purely a "fun" thing :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LuluCherry View Post
    Is the colour in the contact lenses part of the corrective aspect of the lenses? Or just an aethestic option for corrective lenses? Either way, that's cool :-) I know, completely off topic, but I've not heard of corrective lenses being coloured before, I thought it was purely a "fun" thing :-)
    An aesthetic option. As BoysTown said, it is pricey.
    - Surangama Sutra

Speaking of Kath Bergamin - recent new info on her case. I dont know if she has a thread on WS.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4...bergamin-case/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys;
    I'm a high functioning alcoholic with some mental conditions. I've attempted suicide a few times, and have children. I felt at the time I was a burden for them & they'd be better off without me. I did this drunk & on the spur of the moment & was very remorseful the next day. I did not leave notes or write them. I have a university degree & a successful career. Suicide, in my own personal experience comes from personal pain in an impulsive act wrapped up in long term depression and other mental illness. It's hard for the sufferers and their loved ones to cope with. Very complex. I'm not looking for sympathy.... just giving you insight into what some people are hypothesising in regard to this case, as far as alcohol, suicide & depression are concerned. I'm all good at the moment, but it's a messy beast to tango with. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by inkpink View Post
    The difference is that Daniel's family moved heaven and earth trying to find him...
    Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast