1030 users online (228 members and 802 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Trooper, I don't know how to quote your former post re female suicides from the last thread............but just wanted to say that I have personally, in my work, had 2 females ( both around mid forties ) suicide or attempt suicide in my care ( both hangings ) .........by bloody shower hoses.........i hope there is never a third!!! I find it very hard to trust mental health patients.............my experience probably goes against the statistics!!

The late night run thing is still niggling at me.

Quote Originally Posted by drsleuth View Post
    Trooper, I don't know how to quote your former post re female suicides from the last thread............but just wanted to say that I have personally, in my work, had 2 females ( both around mid forties ) suicide or attempt suicide in my care ( both hangings ) .........by bloody shower hoses.........i hope there is never a third!!! I find it very hard to trust mental health patients.............my experience probably goes against the statistics!!
    my god sleuth... the horror.. may I ask, was it their own shower?? at their own home, or did they hire a room somewhere else? or go to someone else's place?... ( that is the only detail I want,.. )...... trusting mental health patients, .. what a fraught area , absolutely no one is a 'textbook-case'..... they write their own..
    'it never gets weird enough , for me'.. Hunter S. Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    my god sleuth... the horror.. may I ask, was it their own shower?? at their own home, or did they hire a room somewhere else? or go to someone else's place?... ( that is the only detail I want,.. )...... trusting mental health patients, .. what a fraught area , absolutely no one is a 'textbook-case'..... they write their own..
    Nope, in a hospital.......

Can anyone else confirm - was the whole family already at the beach house prior to the GF, then the husband and 3 kids left the beach house and drove back to Melbourne on Saturday? Or had Elisa come out ahead of them and they remained in the city? I'm unclear whether she had her own car or had come with her family.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcmdc View Post
    Can anyone else confirm - was the whole family already at the beach house prior to the GF, then the husband and 3 kids left the beach house and drove back to Melbourne on Saturday? Or had Elisa come out ahead of them and they remained in the city? I'm unclear whether she had her own car or had come with her family.
    can't confirm, but all the photos show 2 vehicles parked in the driveway of the holiday home

sorry, ... truly.. truly Sleuthy. sorry... . from my experience, the 2-waytrust has an inbuilt flaw in that those I know under mental health treatment, and medication , don't trust themselves.. one begs me not to trust him, and I agree wholeheartedly not to, under any circumstances. I am wondering if your patients were residents ? that is 'at home' in hospital or sudden admissions?
    'it never gets weird enough , for me'.. Hunter S. Thompson.

and also... ... you've pressed my uneasiness button all over again!!.. that 9am call in was too early.. far too early, unless he really knew she was .. you know... 'out there'...... also.. the mobile phone. turned off at around 10..30pm. pitch dark. But.. she isn't home, she hasn't taken a car, so she is on foot somewhere.... with her phone turned off. Usually, that is the last thread to cut... gripped in the hand to the last, so I know it's 'out there' for sure...
    Did he report her missing at 9am? I don't think I've seen what time he made the call.

Quote Originally Posted by JLZ View Post
    Did he report her missing at 9am? I don't think I've seen what time he made the call.
    That's true, it's not clear what time after 9am he determined that she was missing and not just out. This is how it is described in the Age:
    Sunday 9am: Mr Curry and the couple's three children return to the holiday home to find Ms Curry missing.

Elisa was drinking that day I think, based on the media reports(or dd I get that wrong?). If so, then obviously her alcoholism was pretty active and not in recovery, so she likely wasn't thinking clearly. Speculating that if she drank a little at the game, it didn't end there.

But the husband's response of saying she was missing at 9am just doesn't sit right with me - she could have been at the shops, at a neighbours, out running. He didn't wait around for her or check with the neighbours? And if it was so troubling that she was not home at that exact moment, I wonder why it was considered a good idea for her to even stay out there alone for the night.

I guess I would have thought that if there were such concerns about her that he would have called her more the previous night or something.
    I did wonder if the female neighbour was concerned about her drinking. Maybe the neighbour knew she was an alcoholic and saw her drinking but didn't want to discuss it in front of the husband because he didn't know that Elisa was an alcoholic.
    So neighbour lady comes back for a heart to heart with Elisa about it privately because she's concerned.
    Hi mdcmdc
    Welcome
    And no you're not mistaken, it has been reported Elisa drank alcohol on Saturday. The following:
    "Asked if Ms Curry had been intoxicated after drinking on Saturday afternoon with other neighbours, police said: “She had been drinking - to what degree I don’t know.”
    Was in this article: http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...d7173cb7b5b467
    So we know she was "reported to be an alcoholic"
    We know she drank on Saturday.
    If she was in recovery and had been sober for a long time, but decided to have a few drinks on Sat THAT would be a cause for concern for both the neighbour and the husband.
    So might explain the late night personal issue visit and also might explain why her husband reported her missing almost immediately on Sunday morning (apparently - I don't think we have a confirmed time of his missing report, but we know a large search commenced Sunday soon after her husband arrived at 9am to find her gone, which is early for a large search).
    If this is the case though I find it odd that early reports said "no known medical conditions" or similar. I will try to find a link if I can and add it. Usually the early reports say "we are concerned for her welfare due to a medical condition"...
    Edit to add: I was mistaken: the police report doesnt say "no known medical conditions", but the standard phrase "we are concerned for her welfare due to a medical condition" is absent:
    https://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/news/police-search-for-elisa-curry
    Last edited by SarahJaneKate; 10-06-2017 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Add SS. Correction.

That's quite deceptive that aerial shot . It does drop away quite steeply on the ocean side of some parts of that track

sorry, ... truly.. truly Sleuthy. sorry... . from my experience, the 2-waytrust has an inbuilt flaw in that those I know under mental health treatment, and medication , don't trust themselves.. one begs me not to trust him, and I agree wholeheartedly not to, under any circumstances. I am wondering if your patients were residents ? that is 'at home' in hospital or sudden admissions?
    Our Dear Trooper can get a little carried away at times, drsleuth...Don't worry, you do become used to it after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannagum View Post
    That's quite deceptive that aerial shot . It does drop away quite steeply on the ocean side of some parts of that track
    Further to that, the beach level can be dangerous too. I remember being involved in a scary incident at Aireys Inlet, scrambling over the rocks and ledges at the base of the cliffs, finding what I thought was passable wasn't, not being able to turn around, and the tide coming in rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahJaneKate View Post
    Hi mdcmdc
    Welcome
    And no you're not mistaken, it has been reported Elisa drank alcohol on Saturday. The following:
    "Asked if Ms Curry had been intoxicated after drinking on Saturday afternoon with other neighbours, police said: “She had been drinking - to what degree I don’t know.”
    Was in this article: http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/...d7173cb7b5b467
    So we know she was "reported to be an alcoholic"
    We know she drank on Saturday.
    If she was in recovery and had been sober for a long time, but decided to have a few drinks on Sat THAT wpuld be a cause for concern for both the neighbour and the husband.
    So might explain the late night personal issue visit and also might explain why her husband reported her missing almost immediately on Sunday morning (apparently - I don't think we have a confirmed time of his missing report, but we know a large search commenced Sunday soon after her husband arrived at 9am to find her gone, which is early for a large search).
    If this is the case though I find it odd that early reports said "no known medical conditions" or similar. I will try to find a link if I can and add it. Usually the early reports say "we are concerned for her welfare due to a medical condition"...
    All along the Police have discounted her mental state with quotes such as being in good spirits, nothing to indicate mental health has played a part. This was early on when they were saying she had gone for a night time jog.

As far as the neighbour visit goes the following statement was made 'The neighbour and her husband were over there, they left and then the wife came back,” Inspector Seel said.

“It’s a personal matter.” But he said there was no incident on Saturday night that caused the woman distress'

http://www.news.com.au/national/vict...d7737d1a064cdb

The flavour of things seems to have shifted a lot. Why is that?

Surely all the info that has been slowly but surely leaking out was know right from the get go by Police or at least by the end of the day. If not why? Was there info withheld in the beginning?

I don't know, I'm flip flopping all over the place....

I think it's truly possible she has just waked into the ocean and let it carry her away. If and I say if as it's not proven she was medicated in some way then it would be very plausible for this to happen and to be never found. The ocean is huge and tides strong. I know of a cliff in Bondi that is notoriously know. As suicide point. The locals know it, many not reported ever.

Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast