OK OK - Joseph Lartey, 27, Oklahoma City, 28 Sept 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Police are on the lookout for a missing man, who they say was reported last seen in late September.

Authorities are hoping to get some information as to the whereabouts of 27-year-old Joseph Emanuel Lartey. According to police, Lartey was last seen at the Squeaky Clean car wash located near I-40 and S. Anderson Road back on September 28.

So far, authorities have not said what circumstances they believe led to Lartey’s disappearance.

http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=36539574&catId=112032
4b26ea1248e4a35a11f28993ff40af04.jpg

Whelp...a Family member is saying he was last seen at Joe's Crab Shack vs Carwash. Additional info, flyer and a reward.

It is not usual for Joseph Lartey, 27, of Yukon, to be away from his young daughter for more than a week, his sister said, and his family wants to find him or any information about where he is.

A reward for $5,000 for information on Lartey's whereabouts, said his sister, Jennifer Lartey, 34, of Dallas.

"We just want to know where he is, we are not asking what happened," Jennifer Lartey said.

She said he was last seen on Sept. 28 at Joe's Crab Shack on Northwest Expressway near NW 62.

Lartey had a past illegal drug trafficking conviction in federal court and wears a court-ordered ankle monitor as part of his probation, his sister said. But he had never missed a curfew and has been caring for his daughter since he was released from prison about 18 months ago, she said.

http://m.newsok.com/reward-offered-for-information-on-missing-yukon-man/article/5567585
81ada78b0d23ace4180210455a5d4dff.jpg

How does someone with an ankle monitor go missing ? Did they find the ankle monitor removed/deactivated someplace?

An unidentified body was found in McClain County outside of Oklahoma City: http://kfor.com/2017/10/21/investigation-underway-after-body-found-in-mcclain-county/

However, it's not super close to the Car Wash or the Crab Shack: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Squ...64a3afc573!2m2!1d-97.6531874!2d35.1628204!3e0

Possible it could be-

Authorities say they had a missing person report in the area recently and believe the body could belong to that person, however, a medical examiner will determine cause of death and identity.

http://kfor.com/2017/10/21/investigation-underway-after-body-found-in-mcclain-county/

Oklahoma Lostnmissing

Today is the 1yr anniversary of the disappearance of 27 yr old Joseph Lartey-last been seen at the car wash at 5501 S Anderson. The family has offered a $5k reward for info leading to him being located. Call Crime Stoppers with any info you may have. (Case #17-79031)
upload_2018-10-11_17-30-22.jpeg
Twitter

OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — An Oklahoma City man is still missing one year after he was last seen by family. Lartey was on federal probation when he went missing. His family told police that on Sept. 28, 2017 they received a call from his probation officer stating that something had occurred to Lartey's ankle monitor.
The last location on Lartey's ankle monitor was the Squeaky Clean Car Wash, 5501 S. Anderson Road.
One year later: Oklahoma City man still missing

“I know 100 percent that Joseph, something bad happened to him someone did something to him and they need to come tell us who did it and where he's at,” said Jennifer Lartey, Joe’s sister.

Jennifer said she knew something was wrong the second her brother's probation officer contacted her, letting her know Joe had missed curfew.

“I immediately went into trying to call the police, trying to get someone to ping his phone, locate his car, I knew something was happening, I knew something bad had happened to him,” said Jennifer Lartey, Joe’s sister.

Jennifer said Joe, one of her five siblings was extremely close to his family, and had recently become a father.

“He had a three month old daughter at the time, there's no way he would have left her, he had his daughter with him every single day, as a matter of fact the hour before he went missing he was visiting his daughter,” said Jennifer.
Family Searches For Answers 1 Year After Man Vanishes

OK - OK - Newcastle - Skeletal Remains found, Apr 2018

This UID was located in OKC in April of 2018. On September 28, 2017 Joseph went missing from Oklahoma City. His last known location was either Joe's Crab Shack or Squeaky Clean Car Wash. I mapped both and they're ~15 mins or so from Newcastle, OK. I'm assuming that's a suburb of OKC? IMO, I think Joseph might be this UID.

From the Squeaky Clean Car Wash to location where UID was found. ~15 mins.

Google Maps

From the Joe's Crab Shack to location where UID was found. ~15 mins.

Google Maps

Last edited by a moderator:
OK - OK - Newcastle - Skeletal Remains found, Apr 2018

This UID was located in OKC in April of 2018. On September 28, 2017 Joseph went missing from Oklahoma City. His last known location was either Joe's Crab Shack or Squeaky Clean Car Wash. I mapped both and they're ~15 mins or so from Newcastle, OK. I'm assuming that's a suburb of OKC? IMO, I think Joseph might be this UID.

From the Squeaky Clean Car Wash to location where UID was found. ~15 mins.

Google Maps

From the Joe's Crab Shack to location where UID was found. ~15 mins.

Google Maps

Thank you for posting those maps, @YaYa_521 ! I hadn't thought to check how close the Squeaky Clean Car Wash and Joe's Crab Shack were until I looked at both of your maps.

At least here is something about what happened to him

After the disappearance of a Yukon man in 2017, Oklahoma County prosecutors had Stewart arrested as a material witness. They told a judge “she was with the victim at the time he was shot.”

Police believe the victim, Joseph Lartey, was fatally shot late Sept. 28, 2017. Police found nine shell casings that night by his truck. He and Stewart had been seen together getting food at Joe’s Crab Shack in Oklahoma City a couple of hours before. His body has not been found.

Lartey had been released from prison the year before after serving time for a drug offense.
Baby-faced woman was "gangsta enough" for murderer on the lam

Aug 11, 2023

Nearly seven years after the disappearance of Joseph Lartey, officials have to look elsewhere after murder charges were dismissed for three people alleged to have murdered him.

Court documents show that Patrick Walker, Alisha Stewart, and Johnathan Bledsoe who were each facing a murder charge had it dismissed by a judge Thursday.

Reporting from The Oklahoman details an alleged timeline of events and a dark past behind Walker, Stewart, and Bledsoe that led to prosecutors pointing at the three.

A flyer was created in an attempt to search for Joseph Lartey. {KFOR, OCPD}
Lartey was 27 years old and disappeared on Sept. 28, 2017. His car was found at a car wash in Shawnee but a body has yet to be found and he remains missing today.

Walker originally gained national attention in 2018 when he escaped from the Payne County Jail. Officials say his cellmate at the time posted bond and Walker took his place, guards watching him walk out the door.

Walkers cellmate mugshot (left) and Patrick Walker at the time he walked out (right). {ODOC}
He left with Alisha Stewart, but Walker would eventually be found and arrested in St. Louis and brought back to Oklahoma.

Reporting states that prosecutors argued Walker and Stewart had been dating for a while before Lartey’s disappearance.

Stewart and Lartey had allegedly been seen together hours before he disappeared.

It was alleged that from behind bars Walker called on someone named “Maniac” to kill Lartey and this “Maniac” was meant to be Johnathan Bledsoe.

A picture of Patrick Walker (left) and Joseph Lartey (right). {KFOR, ODOC}

All three had their charges dropped on Thursday and the documents behind the case were completely sealed.

The three were meant to have a preliminary hearing Friday, but their releases were ordered instead.

Lartey remains missing and as of the last check the family has been offering a reward of $15,000 for information leading to his whereabouts. If you see Lartey or know where he might be you are asked to call 911.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back