GUILTY Canada - Jeffrey Baldwin, 5, dies of extreme neglect, Toronto, 30 Nov 2002

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
Heavier than most babies at birth, Jeffrey was also taller than 97 per cent of infants his age, according to developmental charts. Had Jeffrey continued at the same rate of growth, he would have weighed about 44 pounds by his sixth birthday. When he died two months before he would have turned 6, he weighed just 21 pounds, about the body weight of a 10-month-old infant, and a pound less than his first birthday.

horrific story

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1137542074733&call_pageid=968332188492&col=968793972154

That poor, little angel. So many people had a chance to save him, but they did nothing. It just breaks my heart.

This is unimaginable to me. I dont care how "mentally inferior" you are, you KNOW if you're starving a kid to death. :banghead: :furious: I hope they burn in hell.

Oh God-- these kids being hurt like this just breaks my heart..!!

People that abuse children should be donated to science when they die to see if there is indeed a heart somewhere inside them. What a sweet little boy.

mssheila said:
This is unimaginable to me. I dont care how "mentally inferior" you are, you KNOW if you're starving a kid to death. :banghead: :furious: I hope they burn in hell.
Borderline IQ is smart enough to know a kid is starving. What a cute boy he was.

What a sad reading and tragic end of life to that precious little boy. It just makes me so sick that there are countless childless couples who would have loved to have little Jeffrey, and then there are these idiots who keep having more children and then don't take care of them.

kahskye said:
What a sad reading and tragic end of life to that precious little boy. It just makes me so sick that there are countless childless couples who would have loved to have little Jeffrey, and then there are these idiots who keep having more children and then don't take care of them.
As an adopted child myself, I can vouch for this. My biological mother gave all 3 of us up at the same time, knowing what kind of life we would have in store if she were to keep us. She had no means to support us. She did the right thing. I think that's why these stories just eat at my core.

The pain he suffered is unimaginable, this story made me cry, his sister describing the fireworks to him. How cruel these monsters were to him. God has rescued him from their evil. God punishes evil and I hope they are at the top of his list. How incredibly heartbreaking and sad that people just set back and let it happen. Mental illness is no excuse for criminal behavior, causing the death of a beautiful baby....I am speechless, each story just seems to get worse....

It completely amazes me how often this abuse goes on in this world...I have a two yr old son and these stories really do break my heart. Every single one of them..It's so hard to believe that no one wanted to help any of these children. They should lock those grandparents in a room and not let them out or even feed them see how it feels.

Eye for an Eye ...

That poor baby :(

This story is way beyond abuse, it is pure evil being unleashed upon a helpless baby/child. To weigh 21 pounds at 6 years old, to be treated worse than an old mangy dog. I do not understand how any one can do this, especially a family member, like a grand parent. I hope these two adults are raked over and over in prison for their rest of their stinking, rotting lives. This saddens me so much, if you suspect a child is suffering anywhere make the phone call to get the authorities investigating, make it your business. Imagine what little Jeffrey thought, noone gave a damn. It's heartbreaking...I would have taken him and loved him...

Rest in peace sweet angel baby.:( You will be missed.

Sick, Sick people!

I am disgusted

I wanted to join in and post, but right now I just do not have the words to say. When I think of my precious granddaughter, 2, going through something like this, so helpless and trusting it is more than my heart can bare. I so hope that God has a special park in heaven, with green grass, blue skies, laughter that hurts the ears and all the ice cream you can eat.

Bless these babies that were brought into this world only to live in hell.

My heart aches.

2XL said:
I wanted to join in and post, but right now I just do not have the words to say. When I think of my precious granddaughter, 2, going through something like this, so helpless and trusting it is more than my heart can bare. I so hope that God has a special park in heaven, with green grass, blue skies, laughter that hurts the ears and all the ice cream you can eat.

Bless these babies that were brought into this world only to live in hell.

My heart aches.
Oh how I feel your pain. This story is gut-wrenching. Just unspeakable what these subhumans did to this poor child. :(

I wish I had not read the story. It made me cry. :(

deandaniellws said:
I wish I had not read the story. It made me cry. :(
I agree. I could not even read the whole story. I always wonder why I go into threads like these because they truly break my heart. I always wished I could start a shelter for unwanted little kids and babies. If the parents do not want them then bring them to me. Even if such a thing could be done most people would never bring the child there anyway. They would sooner abuse them. It so sad.

From December 2013:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-denies-responsibility-in-his-death-1.2450245

Jeffrey Baldwin died in 2002 at age five, having withered away to the weight of a baby and being unable to lift his own head. His grandmother, Elva Bottineau, kept the boy and one of his sisters in a cold, fetid room, where they slept among their own waste...

Both Bottineau and her partner Norman Kidman, who are now serving life sentences for Jeffrey's second-degree murder, had previous convictions for child abuse when they were granted custody of Jeffrey and three siblings — something the Catholic Children's Aid Society only discovered in its files after the boy's death...

Contrasted to Bottineau's fears about children's aid societies was a statement from Jeffrey's surviving siblings... saying they have flourished in the care of their loving, supportive foster parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back