1020 users online (175 members and 845 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kelly Clarkson Won't Let "Idol" Use Her Songs

Last edited by kk's mom; 01-18-2006 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Change of Opinion

It sounds to me from the article that she's got personal problems with Simon and maybe others.

I think I remember hearing that Clay had to sue AI to get out of some contracts. I read somewhere that AI practically ownes these folks for something like 10 years and they get an enourmous percentage.

Clay Aiken also broke away from American Idol entirely. Given the way the show is run and the way they control the singer's careers after they leave, I don't blame them for wanting to get away from the shows octopus-like arms. It's a real joke in the music industry how vice-like the contract is. Not to mention the producers have no taste in music, whatsoever, lol. And in this case, Kelly doesn't let anyone use her music, not just AI.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

As an artist I can understand wanting to keep your work your own. She did get her start there. I remember when she started out there with just her voice. Bad hair,clothes and overweight (or Simon kept saying.) I also believe they do own the rights to the stuff she did while on Idol. Or I am taking a guess they do. The stuff she does on her own maybe different. It's still odd that she would not let them use her work. Most singers are flattered!
    Last edited by Lauren; 01-18-2006 at 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling error

a hop, skip & a jump from Texas Motor Speedway
    I just read this myself, I just think she's trying to distance herself from Idol, you know, she's doing her own thing now and doesn't want her songs to be performed by others on Idol.

Although, like Simon said in the article, without IDOL she probably wouldn't be making any albums.

Okay, I reread it and can see what you guys are talking about. I think the Simon that is referred to in this (as far as her first Manager) was Simon Fuller, the creator of AI, not Simon Cowell. The other Simon probably said the other things. I guess I can see it both ways...1) AI does try to control it's winner and the artist may not want their songs sung by others but I also have to view it that they probably wouldn't be where they are now, if it weren't for AI. Goes both ways. I can see it both.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XL
    I think I remember hearing that Clay had to sue AI to get out of some contracts. I read somewhere that AI practically ownes these folks for something like 10 years and they get an enourmous percentage.
    Remember that really gifted guy on there last year..I think his name was Mario. Anyways, he dropped out of the competition before he got to the top so he could explore his career without all of those restrictions.

I don't blame her for not allowing it.... she has fulfilled her contract to them, and she doesn't owe them anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSays
    I don't blame her for not allowing it.... she has fulfilled her contract to them, and she doesn't owe them anything else.
    I agree...she's a million times more talented than Simon, Paula & Randy put together and she would have likely made it on her own had she pursued it without AI.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    Remember that really gifted guy on there last year..I think his name was Mario. Anyways, he dropped out of the competition before he got to the top so he could explore his career without all of those restrictions.
    And how well has he done? (Seriously, I don't know!)

Clarkson Relents, Lets "Idol" Use Her Songs

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...765586000.html
    (excerpt)Wed Jan 18,11:31 PM ET
    Former "American Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson, subject to a scolding from Simon Cowell for not letting her songs be used by new contestants on the show, has agreed to do so, a spokesman said Wednesday.

life ALWAYS COMES full circle MS KELLY CLARKSON

don't bite the hand that fed you in the first place little spoiled wrench.

People shouldn't be 'owned' by other people.

Cowel will do anything for publicity, so he's running with this. there were negotiations going on (so Clarkson and others would get paid for their song(s) being used, no doubt). i'm sure that bag of wind knew that. just opened his mouth to be heard. again.

If they made me sing some of those cheesy songs they force the contestants to choose from, I'd bolt too! FAST!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast