973 users online (111 members and 862 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63

Quote Originally Posted by UndiscoveredTruth View Post
    Just a couple of tweets that came through during my absence--my apologies if they've already been posted!

You're amazing. Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I just want to take a moment and say how very much I especially appreciate our international posters, several of whom come here at, what for some, are really whack hours, to help post tweets and make us aware of upcoming important dates and such, on this and so many other of these USA cases. If I start naming names, I will inevitably leave someone out, but you all know who you are, and I am sure I am not the only one to say, a very big 'Thank you' to you all for being part of our WS family.
    Last edited by SteveP; 10-13-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UndiscoveredTruth View Post
    BIB: Does that mean I'm required to work nightshift next week? I better go out and purchase a decent alarm if it does.

I'll be here...more than happy to be of assistance and do abit of overtime!!

All caught up with the posts now and would like to say....A huge thank you to all those who've contributed in one way or another to the thread, not only today but yesterday too. Without you all, I'd have missed alot re the trial due to the crazy time zones...much appreciated everyone!!!
    Hopefully, Niner will be on first shift so you can do the night shift. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JenaTaoson View Post
    Hopefully, Niner will be on first shift so you can do the night shift. Lol

LOL I'm intending to set my alarm for 2.30am here which will be 8.30am Mississippi time *Previous Day*----Not sure what time that is for Niner. Usually when she arrives I'm like, Hi Niner...Bye Niner, I feel so rude, but that will change next week (IF my alarm goes off) I'm going out shopping now. Try get some practise in tonight or rather, tomorrow...fingers crossed my new alarm wakes me and I don't get ripped off lol. We'll see!!

Thumbs up Scorecard

Well, I have to say that I am finally feeling cautiously optimistic about the way things are heading. I definitely think the prosecution carried the day today, unlike the first few days. No more Mr. QT Niceguy in his studious looking eyeglasses and crisp oxford shirt sitting up straight and alert to sway jurors. Today it was in your face, large screen TV Quentin the real, slouching and digging himself ever deeper with the help of a team of skillful and relentless interrogators.

Suddenly the importance of the "Eric/Derrick" dying declaration inconsistency the defense has dwelled on seems minor, even explainable. Jessica's painful injuries had drastically modified her ability to speak, with shrinking collagin and damaged tissue in her nose, mouth, and throat making her words sound differently. Had she somehow sounded like she was saying Rumplestiltskin, those around her would have all heard the same unintended sounds from her broken communication system. The little cheerleader who knew how to belt it out, and gut it out, tried her best.

Two expert witnesses at the burn center where Jessica breathed her last, a physician and a nurse practitioner, both with years of experience in the field, knew from her wounds that this was no ordinary house fire victim. They were deep burns and extensive, which meant either she had been unaware she was on fire or unable to escape the fire that caused them. This was intentional. This was homicide. They knew it, the medical examiner at the autopsy knew it, LE knew it, even the first responders from the very beginning knew it.

It remains to be seen whether the DA can tie everything together in a story that will convince this jury beyond a reasonable doubt to convict Quentin Tellis of murder. But I now think he has a good shot at it.

As always, JMO.

Best,
    Inspector Clouseau
    Free men will disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by MSCJgrad View Post
    HUGE favor... Anybody able/willing to compose a timeline of sorts for this trial, hilighting the key points and previously unknowns up until today? I have been working crazy hours, have a teething 9 month old, an active 4 year old, and a busy 13 year old, not to mention piles and piles of paperwork that I need to get sorted. As much as I would love to, there's no way I can catch up on this thread any time soon. Also, a big thank-you to everyone who has been posting tweets and live updates. I have only been able to get through apx 10 pages, and you guys are awesome. One more favor... if anybody does get around to composing said timeline, would you pretty please message me to let me know, so I can know to look for it?
    Thank you!!
    LawNewz has daily summaries of trial events by time that might be helpful. See, for example:

LIVE BLOG: Jessica Chambers Trial Day 4
    https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/live...s-trial-day-4/

Jessica's Crime Scene

Does anyone remember when the online community contributed to have flowers placed at the location on Herron Rd for Jessica? The flowers and fresh trees were delivered a week before Christmas. There was a great need to cover the burn site with the everlasting beauty that was Jessica Chambers.

Miranda

Quote Originally Posted by DeDee View Post
    After being read his Miranda Rights, QT signed off on the Miranda rights with QT initialling each right and signed the document. I am very thankful for this interview.

<SNIP><SNIP>
    DeDee,

I did notice one small problem with the Miranda Rights during the second day of the two day (11/2-11/3) interview in LA in 2015. The morning of the second day it was just Tim Douglas (MBI Special Agent) and QT in the interrogation room initially. There was a little back and forth exchange before the investigator proceeded to again advise QT of his rights like he did the previous day, and get the consent form properly signed. "This is not about clearing a case. This is about making a wrong right." I don't think there was anything offered or admitted by Tellis during that brief period of time, so no harm / no foul.

Regards,
    Clouseau
    Free men will disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by DeDee View Post
    Does anyone remember when the online community contributed to have flowers placed at the location on Herron Rd for Jessica? The flowers and fresh trees were delivered a week before Christmas. There was a great need to cover the burn site with the everlasting beauty that was Jessica Chambers.

I remember that caring, beautiful, loving tribute very well.

This thread is getting long so I created a new thread. It is linked below and open for posting.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...6#post13690726

This thread will close in 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by rbarber17 View Post
    Well, I have to say that I am finally feeling cautiously optimistic about the way things are heading. I definitely think the prosecution carried the day today, unlike the first few days. No more Mr. QT Niceguy in his studious looking eyeglasses and crisp oxford shirt sitting up straight and alert to sway jurors. Today it was in your face, large screen TV Quentin the real, slouching and digging himself ever deeper with the help of a team of skillful and relentless interrogators.

Suddenly the importance of the "Eric/Derrick" dying declaration inconsistency the defense has dwelled on seems minor, even explainable. Jessica's painful injuries had drastically modified her ability to speak, with shrinking collagin and damaged tissue in her nose, mouth, and throat making her words sound differently. Had she somehow sounded like she was saying Rumplestiltskin, those around her would have all heard the same unintended sounds from her broken communication system. The little cheerleader who knew how to belt it out, and gut it out, tried her best.
    <>
    Best,
    Inspector Clouseau
    RSBMFF

Your synopsis of today's turn of events is well presented, Inspector, as always. I shall add to your list that the jury heard QT today say "when I got out of jail" while he was incarcerated in prison in another state. Jurors should be able to conclude that QT has been in prison for crimes at least two times and currently being tried for a charge of capital murder in MS.

There was a small measure of pleasure in watching QT move his head in a slight No nod each time when DA Champion would ask the Judge and Jury for permission to show one more segment. Once, during those final segments, I noticed QT lean his head down so his right ear was close to his female attorney. She looked away without whispering a word of comfort or support.

The memory of CH from 2014, when he was happy, owned a nice property with acreage, had many friends and held a respected position in the community. The Fire Chief seen testifying in this trial is a shell of the strong, confident Cole Haley after experiencing a severely burned Jessica who reached out her hand to him. If guilty, QT suffocated Cole Haley's spirit that fateful evening in December.

Jessica wanted to pen a book regarding her bio and asked her new friend, Linda, not to forget her. Jessica's own story will remain untold but she shall not be forgotten. I shall never forget Cole Haley either and his deeply emotional testimony. After being dismissed from the witness stand, Cole's tender hug with Ben created a waterfall.

Photo credit: http://tennessean.com/story/news/nat...-fire/20195725

In closing, I shall share something borrowed from a member when she replied to one of your posts years ago:
    "You, sir, are a genius. A giant among us." ~ MizStery

This thread is closed. Click HERE to continue the discussion..

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63