841 users online (138 members and 703 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    Quote Originally Posted by everybodhi View Post
    I live west of Santa Rosa, I went there on Tuesday with a friend to check their house and it is gone.

I evacuated yesterday, I have a small ranch with animals and we are all safe now but the smoke is awful. I am in the Westin in SF where they have good filters for air and offering amazing rates if you have ID from an evacuated area. What a blessing.
    Also, Airbnb has many free houses and rooms for evacuees, donated by the home owners.
    Link for Free Airbnbs
    I'm just trying to gather my wits now, and will drive to my daughters house in LA tomorrow or Saturday, as soon as I am up for it.
    I am trying to hold it together, but, dang, y'all, it is devastating to see your town gone overnight.
    I just hope my little Sonoma County dream home is still here when I get back.
    My heart is broken for your friend, and I do hope your home is spared.

Your link to airbnb is very appreciated. We will pass it on.

Oh, this is so, so, sad - Just heartbreaking. Thoughts and prayers to all affected.

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    Along with the people and pets, I'm also thinking of all the wildlife that must have been caught in the path of these fires. My heart is heavy.
    This is killing me.
    All the animals.
    The woodpeckers, hummingbirds and great blue herons that come to my yard.
    All the pets people couldn't find when they had to evacuate, quickly, in the middle of the night.
    Ubey.
    IMG_6936.jpg

Special hugs for Gitana and Everybodhi. I’m so sorry for the loss surrounding you. I’ve been reading fast, so if I’ve missed anyone who needs a hug, you’ve got it! Actually, we probably all need a hug. Thank you to those joining us on the thread. We need each other.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Check out the black box in the center at the top of the page. Tricia is featuring this thread. Thank you Tricia!

Dear Gitana and Everybodhi,

You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Just reading your posts made me hold my breath and I didn't even realize I was holding my breath. Your descriptions tug at my heart.

I wish I could give you both a hug, like Lilibet said, make you a good cup of tea and just sit with you.

We are here for you. May tomorrow be a brighter day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    Upthread there is a post about which rumors are false. Im not sure about Kmart but Trader Joes suffered major damage but is still there.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post13686912

28 and climbing Im sure. Words fail.
    KMart is gone.

Keeping an eye on the Mendocino/Lake Complex Fire... 36,500 acres burned, 8 dead, 245 homes destroyed...and conditions will be worsening tomorrow as the wind picks up. Cal Fire’s updated report from 7:00 p.m. is included in the article.

http://kymkemp.com/2017/10/12/8-conf...ting-tomorrow/

(Slightly o/t,

Push to get cell phone users to sign up on Alert San Diego System
    http://www.cbs8.com/story/36587921/p...n-diego-system

"(NEWS 8) - The wildfires in Northern California are severely hampering communications and with more people ditching their landlines for cell phones, it’s especially important to make sure you are able to receive notifications in an emergency.

Authorities have issued new and winder evacuation orders as the wildfires in wine country continue to spread – a somber reminder to San Diegans during this season of wildfires to be prepared." )
    Last edited by margarita25; 10-13-2017 at 02:36 AM.

This ABC News updated story describes all the fires currently burning in CA. Some I didn’t know about. The story details acreage burned and damage. Here is a list, quoting the article...

The so-called Atlas, Nuns, Patrick and Pressley fires are considered branches of one giant blaze in Napa, Solano and Sonoma counties — collectively known as the Southern LNU Complex.

The Tubbs and Pocket fires make up another enormous blaze, known as the the Central LNU Complex, in Napa and Sonoma counties.

The Redwood/Potter fires and the Sulphur fire make up a giant blaze, known as the Mendocino Lake Complex, in Lake and Mendocino counties.

The Cascade, La Porte, Lobo and McCourtney fires make up one huge blaze in Butte, Nevada and Yuba counties, collectively known as the Wind Complex.

The Canyon 2 fire has burned 9,217 acres in Southern California's Orange County since the flames started Monday morning.

The Cherokee fire has singed 8,360 acres in Butte County since Sunday night and was 60 percent contained Thursday morning.

The 37 fire has scorched 1,660 acres in Sonoma County since it started Monday afternoon. It was 70 percent contained by Wednesday morning

http://abcnews.go.com/US/31-dead-hor...ry?id=50383162

Bird of Paradise is offline Tell me everything you saw...and what you think it means
    If it provides a teeny bit of comfort, many of those pets are being rescued by groups in the Bay Area. As I mentioned upthread, fosters are helping care for them.

These two were taken in by Hopalong in Oakland. Please have your friends check all the shelters and rescue organizations. I can get together a list if there isn't one already.

Quote Originally Posted by everybodhi View Post
    This is killing me.
    All the animals.
    The woodpeckers, hummingbirds and great blue herons that come to my yard.
    All the pets people couldn't find when they had to evacuate, quickly, in the middle of the night.
    Ubey.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. -Albert Pike

The photos of kitties with bandaged legs makes me so sad. http://www.hopalong.org/help-please-sonoma-fire/

What horror they must have gone through! So true of all the animals in these infernos.

I don’t think we have a list of animal rescue facilities on the thread if you want to put one together BOP. That’s a wonderful idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Paradise View Post
    If it provides a teeny bit of comfort, many of those pets are being rescued by groups in the Bay Area. As I mentioned upthread, fosters are helping care for them.

These two were taken in by Hopalong in Oakland. Please have your friends check all the shelters and rescue organizations. I can get together a list if there isn't one already.

Thank you.

Fire has no mercy I lost my home due to fire,burned to the ground.The only thing standing was the brick steps and chimney.Thank God we were not home,I had left to take my son to a speech therapy class and left my clothes dryer running.They say the clothes dryer caught the house on fire.You learn then that material items are not important,it's lives.
    My house burned down in 17 minutes according to the fire report.The worse part was arriving on scene,never will forget the firefighters still putting out what was left.They are brave beyond belief.

My heart goes out to all these communities and I pray for rain that's what they need right now.Much rain.

KQED Forum has really good coverage every morning about the fires, if you like radio, you can listen here, or live every morning for two hours, on KQED online, at 9AM PT.
    Forum with Michael Krasny
    This is the best media source of information about the fire that I have found, I listen every morning.
    They said, as of this morning, 168,000 acres have burned.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast