GUILTY TX - Officer Floyd East, 48, fatally shot, Lubbock, 9 Oct 2017 *Arrest*

PastTense

Reaction score
Police have confirmed alleged shooter, Hollis Daniels, has been taken into custody after reportedly killing a Texas Tech Police officer during a shooting that left the university campus on lockdown on Monday night.

Officials have identified Daniels as a 19-year-old white male from Seguin, and a freshman at Texas Tech.

Officers were reportedly performing a wellness check on Daniels while on campus, upon entering his room, officers reportedly found evidence of drugs along with drug parahernalia, according to a statement by Texas Tech spokesman Chris Cook.

When Daniels was brought into the department for questioning, he reportedly pulled a gun and shot an officer in the head before fleeing on foot.
http://lubbockonline.com/local-news...-suspect-identified-texas-tech-police-officer

Good heavens. Hope they get this guy and soon. Prayers to the fallen officers family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get these people. Did he think that he was going to shoot the officer, run away and live happily ever after somewhere else?

He was on drugs. And panicked. It's not a condition that lends itself to logical thought.

What a horrible story. Does he have complete **** for brains? They found drugs in his room? So what. He would've been processed, spent a couple hours in jail, and been on his way home for supper. The fact he would overreact to such an extent by killing an innocent cop and ruining his own life in the process is just astounding.

People are nuts. I was arrested for DUI in 2004(marijuana, not liquor). I also had a few joints in the center console. I cant imagine in a million years thinking about grabbing that cop's gun and killing him and his partner and running away. Dear Lord.

You put your big boy pants on and deal with the situation YOU have put yourself in.....NOT destroy peoples lives.

"Officers were reportedly performing a wellness check on Daniels while on campus"

I wonder what this was about? Were his parents worried about him? Someone else?

"Officers were reportedly performing a wellness check on Daniels while on campus"

I wonder what this was about? Were his parents worried about him? Someone else?

Parents may have know of his substance abuse and could not contact him?

Parents may have know of his substance abuse and could not contact him?

If this is true think how horrible it will make his parents feel: if they had not called the police would not have gone to his room; they would not have taken him to the police center; he would not have killed the police officer--and he would not be spending all or at least a large fraction of the rest of his life in prison.

Unfortunately this isn’t his first run in with the law, he was actually apprehended right outside of my sons dorm. It is so scary to have this happen where your kid is living. So glad he was caught and now the community can rest a little easier. So sad that an officer lost his life, and grateful that they choose to protect our children/adults lives. It’s so scary living in today’s society. This is the second shooting in the last two weeks that directly affected our family.

From Everything Lubbock and the warrant:

Shortly after, Corporal Snelson “heard a bang from the briefing room. Corporal Snelson went back into the briefing where he saw Officer XXXX with an apparent gunshot wound. Hollis Daniels was no longer in the room, A .45 caliber shall casing was located near Officer XXXX, Corporal Snelson also advised Officer XXXX’s police body camera was missing and Officer XXXX’s pistol was In his holster,” the warrant read, according to Everything Lubbock.com.

When arrested, “a .45 caliber pistol loaded with RP ammunition was located where Hollis Daniels was arrested. A police body camera was also located near where Hollis Daniels was arrested. Hollis Daniels stated to officers that he was the one that shot their friend,” the warrant alleges.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com

Unfortunately this isn’t his first run in with the law, he was actually apprehended right outside of my sons dorm. It is so scary to have this happen where your kid is living. So glad he was caught and now the community can rest a little easier. So sad that an officer lost his life, and grateful that they choose to protect our children/adults lives. It’s so scary living in today’s society. This is the second shooting in the last two weeks that directly affected our family.

Terribly scary for you and your son as well as the whole community.

I only found that he had been arrested for failure to pay for a speeding violation (10% over limit) in August. ETA: I found the drug possession (weed- 2 oz and under) in 2016.

So he was arrested, transported to the police department, and in the process of being booked, and was never searched?

So he was arrested, transported to the police department, and in the process of being booked, and was never searched?

He wasn’t under arrest at the time of him being taken to the university police department. His family called the ttu police dept for a welfare check. Upon entering his room thy found drug paraphernalia, and were taking him back to the campus station for “debriefing”. While the officer was filing our paperwork to have him taken to county he wasn’t handcuffed, waked in to where the officer was and shot him. He then stole the body camera of the officer and took off.

On October 9, 2017 Hollis Daniels was arrested by Texas Tech Police Department Officer XXXXX XXXX for possession of a control substance. Officer XXXX transported Hollis Daniels to the Texas Tech Police Department where Officer XXXX was completing booking paperwork for Hollis Daniels arrest.

Corporal Tyler Snelson advised Officer XXXX was completing paperwork at the computers in the briefing room. Corporal Snelson observed Officer XXXX facing the computers while Hollis Daniels was facing in the opposite direction. Officer XXXX and Hollis Daniels were slightly offset from each other. At the time Hollis Daniels was not wearing handcuffs. Corporal Snelson left the briefing room and went to an office nearby.
==================================================================================================

That was a massive screw up by the officers who arrested him. He should have been frisked and handcuffed.

On October 9, 2017 Hollis Daniels was arrested by Texas Tech Police Department Officer XXXXX XXXX for possession of a control substance. Officer XXXX transported Hollis Daniels to the Texas Tech Police Department where Officer XXXX was completing booking paperwork for Hollis Daniels arrest.

Corporal Tyler Snelson advised Officer XXXX was completing paperwork at the computers in the briefing room. Corporal Snelson observed Officer XXXX facing the computers while Hollis Daniels was facing in the opposite direction. Officer XXXX and Hollis Daniels were slightly offset from each other. At the time Hollis Daniels was not wearing handcuffs. Corporal Snelson left the briefing room and went to an office nearby.
==================================================================================================

That was a massive screw up by the officers who arrested him. He should have been frisked and handcuffed.

I do 100% agree with it being a massive mistake that he wasn’t cuffed and searched. It’s weird because my son and his friend were riding their bikes to the rec 2 weeks ago, and they were stopped to show proof of ownership on their bicycles. (They hadn’t done a thing wrong, there have just been a large amount of bike thefts since school started.) they were both patted down immediately. However, we know a student who got arrested and didn’t get handcuffed or patted down until he was being taken to the county jail. I am willing to bet that going forward everyone is cuffed and searched no matter what the call is for. It’s so sad, and scary, to think it was so easy for him to kill an officer. I’m glad he didn’t make it very far from where he started, and no one else was injured.

He was on drugs. And panicked. It's not a condition that lends itself to logical thought.

Seems he comes from a very well off family. Hope this isn't another rich brat that gets away with murder.

He wasn’t under arrest at the time of him being taken to the university police department.

RSBBM

According to the article, he was arrested:

"On October 9, 2017 Hollis Daniels was arrested by Texas Tech Police Department Officer XXXXX XXXX for possession of a control substance. Officer XXXX transported Hollis Daniels to the Texas Tech Police Department where Officer XXXX was completing booking paperwork for Hollis Daniels arrest. "

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/hollis-daniels-confessed-to-killing-police-officer-on-campus-according-to-warrant/831857060

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stawon31
Back