807 users online (81 members and 726 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Interested Bystander View Post
    Oh dear, this is so dull. I shall be glad when we move on but it looks as though Olckers is going to be back tomorrow from what she says.
    Dull at the moment IB, but just think of that long-awaited moment when HvB is found guilty and is led out to begin his sentence ...

Olckers uses the analogy that if the blood is drawn too late? it will give a result, but an incorrect one. But where/when did Otto or her lab do this? What's her evidence?

Olckers says data may have been valid but the interpretation/conclusion is incorrect. Galloway says if it differs from her interpretation?

https://twitter.com/CapeTownEtc

Galloway questioning Olckers about double standards: not signing this document yet advocating the importance of sticking to SOP's

Reference to a droplet of blood found on the laundry door (swab 63) not analyzed, it did not contain DNA (animal blood?)

DNA analysis processing: Galloway questioning the witness about this and the proficiency of FSL's - a complex matter indeed.

Reference to a droplet of blood found on the laundry door (swab 63) not analyzed, it did not contain DNA (animal blood?)

DNA analysis processing: Galloway questioning the witness about this and the proficiency of FSL's - a complex matter indeed.

https://twitter.com/CapeTownEtc

Swab 63 - droplet on laundry door - brought up. Not analysed as it didnt contain DNA. Could be animal blood.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...ering-20171017

Adjourned to 9:30 tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/TeamNews24

Court adjourns, trial resumes at 9:30 tomorrow.

What amazes me is that you would think scientific forensic evidence would make it a shoo-in to convict someone so obviously guilty as HvB. And yet somehow the defence manage to pick apart what should be rock solid evidence.

How on earth did courts ever manage to convict any murderers before DNA evidence ...

Oh, and thank you so much JJ and Prime for posting all the tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffykins View Post
    What amazes me is that you would think scientific forensic evidence would make it a shoo-in to convict someone so obviously guilty as HvB. And yet somehow the defence manage to pick apart what should be rock solid evidence.

How on earth did courts ever manage to convict any murderers before DNA evidence ...

I think good old detective work was much valued at one point but I suspect a lot of mistakes were made. In a case such as this I am sure HvB would have been charged and found guilty in the first year using good 'old fashioned' methods. It is so blinking obvious, even to a clown like me, that he is guilty. However, DNA has made it possible to apprehend felons who leave no other trace. These days it seems one can possibly get off on a technicality. I hope this does not happen here.

Thank you for the posts Prime and JJ. This case is dragging on badly.

I read a Tweet made by Traceyams which stated that until the time he is found guilty he can use any money held in trust to pay his expenses. It was in answer to a tweet but I cannot find it at the moment. It is not on her Twitter Account. She also said Botha and Cambrink would be charging roughly ZAR 30,000 (about 1700) a day.

No doubt there will be many other costs involved. HvB has an Attorney to pay and court costs.

Welcome to South Africa ... not. One man was shot this morning in what appears to be a gang-relating shooting at Cape Town International Airport.

Hi Everyone Enjoy, lets drink to Olckers departing the witness box!

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeSuspect View Post
    Hi Everyone Enjoy, lets drink to Olckers departing the witness box!

I'll drink to that!

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeJudi View Post
    Welcome to South Africa ... not. One man was shot this morning in what appears to be a gang-relating shooting at Cape Town International Airport.
    They don't have metal detectors at the Intl Airport?

Poor man, probably an innocent bystander.

Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast