916 users online (112 members and 804 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1008
  1. #751
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplesInMyBra View Post
    Hi IB, Can you give me an example of how they speak to him like a very young teenager? I have not noticed this, and I am curious to see/hear your take on this. Thank you
    Apples you are right to question me. I saw only a small part of today's hearing and having listened this evening to some of today's recordings, there is nothing in particular that makes me feel they were talking down to him although at times, due to their tone, I felt they were explaining what had been said to him by repeating the question. IMO it was not necessary to qualify what was being said but I have now come to the conclusion that this is the way the lawyers probably speak to defendants to ensure there is complete understanding. On other days I have felt G and Desai have been leading him by qualifying (expanding) various questions when he was perfectly able to understand the original question. Desai, in particular, seems to do this.


  2. #752
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,053
    I think they should have a psychologist in court to assist the state, like they did with Pistorius. That little episode that caused the tea adjournment was so interesting. I could hear him heavy breathing right from when Desai finished questioning him about not being angry, and I wondered what was up. Something pushed his buttons and while it may have been Desai shouting at Botha to sit down, I think it was the question about him not being angry. Did he think it was an attack on his identity? Did he think he'd lost an important point? Whatever, it was such an important insight because something happened to him that he couldn't control. It's like when he instructed Botha to complain about Desai's manner towards Olckers.

    This article about narcissistic rage seems very apt. http://narcissisticbehavior.net/what...issistic-rage/

    If the state could push his buttons a bit more it will become obvious.

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,053
    I meant to say, I expect him to kick off when he is found guilty. I hope they have some burly guards on standby.

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortoise View Post
    I think they should have a psychologist in court to assist the state, like they did with Pistorius. That little episode that caused the tea adjournment was so interesting. I could hear him heavy breathing right from when Desai finished questioning him about not being angry, and I wondered what was up. Something pushed his buttons and while it may have been Desai shouting at Botha to sit down, I think it was the question about him not being angry. Did he think it was an attack on his identity? Did he think he'd lost an important point? Whatever, it was such an important insight because something happened to him that he couldn't control. It's like when he instructed Botha to complain about Desai's manner towards Olckers.

    This article about narcissistic rage seems very apt. http://narcissisticbehavior.net/what...issistic-rage/

    If the state could push his buttons a bit more it will become obvious.
    Yes, that little episode was very enlightening. What a strange boy he is. He displays this superior attitude in court and looks emotionally cold a lot of the time, almost as though it is his alter ego answering the questions. The one about not being angry posed by Desai really disrupted his act.


  5. #755
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,053
    So funny when they did that mock up of the fight. Henri asks Sgt Malan 'could you just move your head so I can hit your shoulder with the axe'

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Interested Bystander View Post
    Apples you are right to question me. I saw only a small part of today's hearing and having listened this evening to some of today's recordings, there is nothing in particular that makes me feel they were talking down to him although at times, due to their tone, I felt they were explaining what had been said to him by repeating the question. IMO it was not necessary to qualify what was being said but I have now come to the conclusion that this is the way the lawyers probably speak to defendants to ensure there is complete understanding. On other days I have felt G and Desai have been leading him by qualifying (expanding) various questions when he was perfectly able to understand the original question. Desai, in particular, seems to do this.
    Yes, I agree on this - they have seemed to be leading him, but perhpas they are just trying to double check what he is saying But I am also shocked by how nonchalant and arrogant HvB is, sometimes acting as if he is bored or irritated by what he seems to think are stupid questions!

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    3,481
    I was quite surprised at Desai losing his temper and shouting so loudly. He is obviously an iron hand in a velvet glove, so quietly spoken until crossed. I wonder if he will regret it. It didn't make pretty viewing. Nonetheless, how good to see bully boy Botha get his comeuppance.


  8. #758
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Interested Bystander View Post
    I was quite surprised at Desai losing his temper and shouting so loudly. He is obviously an iron hand in a velvet glove, so quietly spoken until crossed. I wonder if he will regret it. It didn't make pretty viewing. Nonetheless, how good to see bully boy Botha get his comeuppance.
    It seemed that Botha interrupted a flow and an important connection that Desai was in the middle of making. Botha should try being less like a mosquito that keeps humming by your ear at night.

  9. #759
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Interested Bystander View Post
    Yes, that little episode was very enlightening. What a strange boy he is. He displays this superior attitude in court and looks emotionally cold a lot of the time, almost as though it is his alter ego answering the questions. The one about not being angry posed by Desai really disrupted his act.
    The moments when I was only listening, I swear HvB sounded like Roger Moore!! Could his alter ego be James Bond?!!

  10. #760
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8,568


    For anyone who missed Judge Desai's explosive remarks to Botha's objections at 27:47
    Last edited by PrimeSuspect; 11-03-2017 at 12:45 AM.


  11. #761
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,015
    O/T Panayiotou

    Cross-posting here, but you can read the news stream in the attached link.

    To watch the video of the full judgment (2 hrs 50 mins) scroll down to 9:59.

    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...vered-20171102

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,015
    Panayiotou

    Video of judgment Part 2


  13. #763
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Interested Bystander View Post
    I saw an interesting tweet that it was very unlikely it would have been a black intruder as HVB stated because the average height of SA black men is 166cm (5.4 1/2 inches). He claims the intruder was as big as he!!!

    Apparently HvB described the intruder as 186cm which is just over 6ft 1 inch.

    https://businesstech.co.za/news/gene...-south-africa/
    South African men have shown the third lowest rate of growth in the world, having increased height by a mere 1.4 cm over the past 100 years.

    South African men are quite short, ranked 47th overall for the average height of 166.7 cm (5'4) (up from 165.3 cm in 1914).

    https://businesstech.co.za/news/gene...-south-africa/

    Just more BS from HvB, or should I say just another tall tale.
    Last edited by JudgeJudi; 11-03-2017 at 03:50 AM.

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,015
    Sorry for the O/T posts but some of you may want to watch/read this. Due to start at 10:00.

    Pistorius appeal

    Watch: http://www.news24.com/Video/SouthAfr...tence-20171103

    Live news feed: https://twitter.com/TeamNews24

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,641
    _________________________________________
    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1446
    Last Post: 10-10-2017, 05:36 AM
  2. Replies: 1265
    Last Post: 06-09-2017, 09:37 AM
  3. Replies: 1329
    Last Post: 05-19-2017, 07:28 AM

Tags for this Thread