826 users online (111 members and 715 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #3

A MASSIVE search is underway for a Melbourne woman who went for a late-night run with her dog near the Great Ocean Road after the AFL grand final and hasn’t been seen since.

Police are searching for 42-year-old Elisa Curry, who they believe went for a run with her black labrador at 10.30pm on Saturday night in Aireys Inlet, on the coast south of Geelong.

Police today revealed the Surrey Hills mother of three was in contact with her family, who had been to the AFL grand final, about 10.30pm on Saturday.
    But when her husband returned to the house on Sunday morning, she could not be found.
    Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...ce22805ab90ea6

Websleuth's Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Thread #2
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 10-11-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Human remains found at Anglesea, on Victoria's Surf Coast, after search for Elisa Curry
    Oct. 11 2017

They were discovered by a local walking their dog at Point Roadknight, a popular surf spot, this morning.

A police spokesman said it was too early to say if the remains were those of missing Melbourne woman Elisa Curry, who was last seen at her family's holiday home at nearby Aireys Inlet late last month.

"The remains will need to be examined by a pathologist to establish the identity of the person and cause of death," a police statement said.

Police could be seen combing the beach, which has been cordoned off.
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 10-11-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still of the view that this is a tragic accident. I still think Elisa took the dog for a walk and slipped/fell from the top of the cliff face. Still don't know if the dog had a leash, but may have been obedient enough to be without leash. If Elisa disappeared from view, then that would cause the dog to be distressed. Alternatively, Elisa may have gone for a run in the same place, without the dog and fallen. If the dog had attempted to follow her and became 'lost', it would also likely become distressed. I just cannot see this as suicide, despite all the alleged 'pointers' to same. Surely the children alone would stop a mother from doing that intentionally, without any goodbyes or anything else. The youngest is only 7, and the eldest 12. She was a very loving stay at home Mum and I cannot see her doing that to her children, or indeed her husband. Foul play is more remote now. MOO

If you see a broken quote please alert and don't continue to quote it. It just makes a mess on the thread and your posts won't make sense, not to mention it's a huge job for us as volunteers to clean up.

Thank you

Where did everyone go?

With thanks to WSer richieswan:

’Looks like currents around Aireys Inlet stopped heading to sea around the 3rd Oct and possibly turned north-east along the coast between 3-10th Oct.’

R x
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Just heard back from my friend who has local knowledge of Point Roadknight ... she said it is known for some strange people hanging around, as well as nudests .... general odd bods.
    Last edited by Black-Cat; 10-11-2017 at 07:43 AM.

Bohemian - can you help me with that one? I'm not exactly sure of the location of AI and Anglesea when I look at that map. Does it mean the sea was going the right way for todays events to occur if she fell near her house?
    Thanks

Actually, I just google mapped and having a look now I think the ocean wasn't going the correct way?
    Last edited by good'nuf; 10-11-2017 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    I am still of the view that this is a tragic accident. I still think Elisa took the dog for a walk and slipped/fell from the top of the cliff face. Still don't know if the dog had a leash, but may have been obedient enough to be without leash. If Elisa disappeared from view, then that would cause the dog to be distressed. Alternatively, Elisa may have gone for a run in the same place, without the dog and fallen. If the dog had attempted to follow her and became 'lost', it would also likely become distressed. I just cannot see this as suicide, despite all the alleged 'pointers' to same. Surely the children alone would stop a mother from doing that intentionally, without any goodbyes or anything else. The youngest is only 7, and the eldest 12. She was a very loving stay at home Mum and I cannot see her doing that to her children, or indeed her husband. Foul play is more remote now. MOO
    Hi this is at the top of my list too. If self harm I think not pre planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    If you see a broken quote please alert and don't continue to quote it. It just makes a mess on the thread and your posts won't make sense, not to mention it's a huge job for us as volunteers to clean up.

Thank you
    can someone explain to me how a quote breaks? I'm new, thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by Black-Cat View Post
    Just heard back from my friend who has local knowledge of Point Roadknight ... she said it is known for some strange people hanging around, as well as nudests .... general odd bods.

Quote Originally Posted by good'nuf View Post
    Bohemian - can you help me with that one? I'm not exactly sure of the location of AI and Anglesea when I look at that map. Does it mean the sea was going the right way for todays events to occur if she fell near her house?
    Thanks

Actually, I just google mapped and having a look now I think the ocean wasn't going the correct way?
    To me it looks like it going in the right direction for today's events to occur. By water the distance between AI and where the body washed up is actually only 7 kms. If EC had gone for a walk to Urquharts Bluff (a big cliff), then the distance then only becomes 4kms. The chances of it not being EC are very slim.

Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    Do you think an early morning walk? Thats definitely possible. I cant imagine how her family are, I'm hoping we will find out what happened to her 'cos I want closure. They must be out of their minds, I've never even met her.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatoutdoors View Post
    To me it looks like it going in the right direction for today's events to occur. By water the distance between AI and where the body washed up is actually only 7 kms. If EC had gone for a walk to Urquharts Bluff (a big cliff), then the distance then only becomes 4kms. The chances of it not being EC are very slim.
    Thankyou, you would be right, I am not familiar with a map like that at all.. I'm more questioning where the body has come from rather than if its her. If the sea wasn't going the right way it could've meant she was dumped elsewhere and therefore not fallen near AI. I'm just investigating in my bumbling way.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast