Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #3

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
4fdd0412c382fb7388b59bf5d064e63d

A MASSIVE search is underway for a Melbourne woman who went for a late-night run with her dog near the Great Ocean Road after the AFL grand final and hasn’t been seen since.

Police are searching for 42-year-old Elisa Curry, who they believe went for a run with her black labrador at 10.30pm on Saturday night in Aireys Inlet, on the coast south of Geelong.

Police today revealed the Surrey Hills mother of three was in contact with her family, who had been to the AFL grand final, about 10.30pm on Saturday.
But when her husband returned to the house on Sunday morning, she could not be found.
Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/d536644942a700774ace22805ab90ea6

Websleuth's Rules Etiquette & Information

Rules Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Thread #2

Human remains found at Anglesea, on Victoria's Surf Coast, after search for Elisa Curry
Oct. 11 2017

9039058-3x2-700x467.jpg

They were discovered by a local walking their dog at Point Roadknight, a popular surf spot, this morning.

A police spokesman said it was too early to say if the remains were those of missing Melbourne woman Elisa Curry, who was last seen at her family's holiday home at nearby Aireys Inlet late last month.

"The remains will need to be examined by a pathologist to establish the identity of the person and cause of death," a police statement said.

Police could be seen combing the beach, which has been cordoned off.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still of the view that this is a tragic accident. I still think Elisa took the dog for a walk and slipped/fell from the top of the cliff face. Still don't know if the dog had a leash, but may have been obedient enough to be without leash. If Elisa disappeared from view, then that would cause the dog to be distressed. Alternatively, Elisa may have gone for a run in the same place, without the dog and fallen. If the dog had attempted to follow her and became 'lost', it would also likely become distressed. I just cannot see this as suicide, despite all the alleged 'pointers' to same. Surely the children alone would stop a mother from doing that intentionally, without any goodbyes or anything else. The youngest is only 7, and the eldest 12. She was a very loving stay at home Mum and I cannot see her doing that to her children, or indeed her husband. Foul play is more remote now. MOO

If you see a broken quote please alert and don't continue to quote it. It just makes a mess on the thread and your posts won't make sense, not to mention it's a huge job for us as volunteers to clean up.

Thank you

With thanks to WSer richieswan:

’Looks like currents around Aireys Inlet stopped heading to sea around the 3rd Oct and possibly turned north-east along the coast between 3-10th Oct.’

329cd0ab3f1dc10444478f876c382820.gif

:loveyou: R x

Just heard back from my friend who has local knowledge of Point Roadknight ... she said it is known for some strange people hanging around, as well as nudests .... general odd bods.

Bohemian - can you help me with that one? I'm not exactly sure of the location of AI and Anglesea when I look at that map. Does it mean the sea was going the right way for todays events to occur if she fell near her house?
Thanks

Actually, I just google mapped and having a look now I think the ocean wasn't going the correct way?

I am still of the view that this is a tragic accident. I still think Elisa took the dog for a walk and slipped/fell from the top of the cliff face. Still don't know if the dog had a leash, but may have been obedient enough to be without leash. If Elisa disappeared from view, then that would cause the dog to be distressed. Alternatively, Elisa may have gone for a run in the same place, without the dog and fallen. If the dog had attempted to follow her and became 'lost', it would also likely become distressed. I just cannot see this as suicide, despite all the alleged 'pointers' to same. Surely the children alone would stop a mother from doing that intentionally, without any goodbyes or anything else. The youngest is only 7, and the eldest 12. She was a very loving stay at home Mum and I cannot see her doing that to her children, or indeed her husband. Foul play is more remote now. MOO

Hi this is at the top of my list too. If self harm I think not pre planned.

If you see a broken quote please alert and don't continue to quote it. It just makes a mess on the thread and your posts won't make sense, not to mention it's a huge job for us as volunteers to clean up.

Thank you
can someone explain to me how a quote breaks? I'm new, thankyou.

Bohemian - can you help me with that one? I'm not exactly sure of the location of AI and Anglesea when I look at that map. Does it mean the sea was going the right way for todays events to occur if she fell near her house?
Thanks

Actually, I just google mapped and having a look now I think the ocean wasn't going the correct way?

To me it looks like it going in the right direction for today's events to occur. By water the distance between AI and where the body washed up is actually only 7 kms. If EC had gone for a walk to Urquharts Bluff (a big cliff), then the distance then only becomes 4kms. The chances of it not being EC are very slim.

Do you think an early morning walk? Thats definitely possible. I cant imagine how her family are, I'm hoping we will find out what happened to her 'cos I want closure. They must be out of their minds, I've never even met her.

To me it looks like it going in the right direction for today's events to occur. By water the distance between AI and where the body washed up is actually only 7 kms. If EC had gone for a walk to Urquharts Bluff (a big cliff), then the distance then only becomes 4kms. The chances of it not being EC are very slim.

Thankyou, you would be right, I am not familiar with a map like that at all.. I'm more questioning where the body has come from rather than if its her. If the sea wasn't going the right way it could've meant she was dumped elsewhere and therefore not fallen near AI. I'm just investigating in my bumbling way.

Do you think an early morning walk? Thats definitely possible. I cant imagine how her family are, I'm hoping we will find out what happened to her 'cos I want closure. They must be out of their minds, I've never even met her.

Yes, as it was previously mentioned that her bed had been slept in, and due to the lateness of the hour on the Saturday night, I believe she went for a walk or run early on the Sunday morning. Even if phone off from the night before, she may well have taken it with her, to check when she stopped during her walk/run. MOO

With thanks to WSer richieswan:

’Looks like currents around Aireys Inlet stopped heading to sea around the 3rd Oct and possibly turned north-east along the coast between 3-10th Oct.’

329cd0ab3f1dc10444478f876c382820.gif

:loveyou: R x

It's clearer on the original but here's some big red arrows to show the change in current. A body would float out to sea for 3 days then head north east and wash ashore. It may sink and re-float during that time as bacteria and related gases bloat the body.

4617342f4ddc89b792a91e1dd1134c7f.png

cb7c647bd8d4eac7b7ce8916e6e2c516.png

can someone explain to me how a quote breaks? I'm new, thankyou.

If these bad boys get damaged the quote becomes broken, and appears as part of the text rather than a pretty little boxed quote.
8635a114cc8d00afd33d017c70862ec1.png

If these bad boys get damaged the quote becomes broken, and appears as part of the text rather than a pretty little boxed quote.
8635a114cc8d00afd33d017c70862ec1.png

Exactly. So all you have to do when quoting someone is to use the "Reply With Quote" button, and then when it comes up in the Reply Box, make sure you don't type over any of it or delete any of it.

I think it will be Elisa.....How very very sad for her family. Regardless of whether it was misadventure, suicide or foul play - there are 3 little children without a mother to kiss them and tuck them in tonight....
IMO it’s going to be near impossible to make a determination between accident/suicide.
It would be a shame if she DIDN’T kill herself but due to her history of depression and closing her Facebook account (shock horror - she must be suicidal)
they conclude she DID.
That’s why if I did something like that, I would leave a note so no- one was in any doubt that it wasn’t their fault or something they did or didn’t do - but my own inability to go on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back