Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

Sherin Mathews, age 3 was reported missing on October 7, 2017 sometime after 8 am.

Sherin is 3 feet tall and weighs 22 pounds with brown eyes and black hair.
Last seen around 3am in the 900 block of Sunningdale in Richardson Texas, around 3 a.m. Last seen wearing a pink top and black pajama bottoms.

Her father told police he last saw her at around 3 am when he instructed her to stand by a tree about a 100 feet from her residence/property across an alley way as punishment for not drinking her milk. He claims when he went to fetch her back in around 15 minutes later she was nowhere to be found. He told them he decided to do some laundry and wait until daylight to look for her further.

Her parents report she has developmental delays, low weight/eating issues, and limited verbal skills. Sherin's 4 year old sibling has been removed from the home and her father has been charged with child abandonment and child endangerment based on the information he provided. The residence was recently searched with boxed items removed by LE.

Some links with decent synopsis/information

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mis...ear-old-richardson-girl-believed-grave-danger

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-at-3-a-m-as-punishment-then-she-disappeared/

Previous Thread (#1)

ADMIN NOTE - WHERE DO THINGS STAND HERE, TODAY, IN THIS MOMENT?

Mom has not been named suspect or POI by LE nor has she been charged with any crime. Parents have retained counsel and parents are said to be no longer speaking with police:
Sherin’s parents are no longer speaking with police and have retained attorneys, Perlich said. Sherin’s mother was asleep when Mathews told Sherin to go stand outside and wasn’t aware that he’d given her daughter those instructions, Perlich said. [Sgt. Kevin Perlich, a spokesman for the Richardson Police Department.]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-then-she-disappeared/?utm_term=.f421b032c631

You MAY discuss anything in MSM about mother, her public statements or public statements made on her behalf.

You MAY NOT sleuth her, accuse her of harming her child(ren), covering for someone else, etc.

You WILL treat her as a victim as required by TOS.

You may NOT make this discussion about religion or patriarchal cultures. Period.

If you chose to post in a manner outside the rules you face losing posting privileges.

Whoever was saying they have a snazzy house and everyone must have security cameras etc-
Richardson isnt the best area. They probably live in one of the nicer neighorhoods but there is a lot of crime in that city/area as well.

Whoever was saying they have a snazzy house and everyone must have security cameras etc-
Richardson isnt the best area. They probably live in one of the nicer neighorhoods but there is a lot of crime in that city/area as well.

There is crime, but I would not say "a lot." There are extremely nice area of Richardson. I loved where we lived. My in laws live in a beautiful, extremely wealthy neighborhood. (That I could never afford.) there are parts that aren't that nice, but it's much safer than neighboring cities.

I think he was arrogant enough to think this was a reasonable explanation that wouldn't be questioned. "Look at what a good father I am, I provide discipline to my child, it's her fault she got in trouble, her fault she had to be taken outside, her fault she disappeared."

As for why they'd adopt a special needs female...does she possibly belong to a family member?

I grew up in Garland, so I'm familiar with the area. Richardson has definitely went downhill over the years, however it's still a pretty nice house.
I think so many people also have DIY or inexpensive wifi camera's and Ring installed on their houses these days, there could definitely be something LE has uncovered, but not revealed to the public.

I grew up in Garland, so I'm familiar with the area. Richardson has definitely went downhill over the years, however it's still a pretty nice house.
I think so many people also have DIY or inexpensive wifi camera's and Ring installed on their houses these days, there could definitely be something LE has uncovered, but not revealed to the public.

I think there are a few beautiful neighborhoods in Richardson but my husband worked there and people were constantly stealing the copper from the buildings, break ins nearby....just my experience.

Originally Posted by Rocco
He decides to punish her by making her go outside at 3am and stand by a tree. Not a tree by the house, but a tree that was behind a fence, about 100 feet south of the family's home and across an alley. Did he take her that far from the house and tell her to stand there or are we to believe he pointed out the tree, in the dark, and told her to walk over there by herself? And no one heard a child crying? No one heard a man's voice when he was telling her where to go? The neighbors have stated they heard nothing. Then he doesn't call the police until 5 hrs later to report her missing. That's quite a story. But here's my question: If he did something to her (and it's hard for me to fathom that he didn't) why not call the police at 8am and say he just got up, the door was ajar and she was gone---must have wandered out of the house while they were sleeping. Why this bizarre story?

(Bringing this over from Thread 1.)

Good question. If his story is made up (and it is hard to see it as otherwise), I am also wondering about his admitting that he did laundry at 3:15am instead of searching for her. Was he concerned that somehow they'd discover the washing machine had been run in the middle of the night, so he'd have to weave that in to the story?

It may have to do with the wife. He may not have been sure if she heard anything, or what she might say under pressure, so it may be that he felt compelled to cover his bases and offer some reason for the noises she may have heard during the night. Just a thought...

It's hard to believe they wouldn't have their own home security system of some sort, based on the looks of their nice house in a moderately high crime area. I also think that time gap 3am-8am (if indeed correct) was possibly scrapping their own home security system, and wiping phones/laptops/home PC's very carefully.

I think there are a few beautiful neighborhoods in Richardson but my husband worked there and people were constantly stealing the copper from the buildings, break ins nearby....just my experience.

The majority of crime there is definitely against property, vandalism, theft, break-ins and such. There are definitely neighborhoods and businesses that are consistent targets for the type of crime you experienced. Like I said, there is definitely crime. There is guaranteed to be with being so close to Dallas and Garland.

Still, I felt safer in Richardson than Garland, or the area of Plano I lived in. (Most of Plano is good, though.)

Since dad is presumed to be in the IT field, it's hard to believe they wouldn't have their own home security system of some sort. I also think that time gap 3am-8am (if indeed correct) was possibly scrapping their own home security system, and wiping phones/laptops/home PC's very carefully.

Do we know where this came from? (Dad being in IT.) I've not seen it in msm, but of course there is so much I haven't had time to read!

(Bringing this over from Thread 1.)

Good question. If his story is made up (and it is hard to see it as otherwise), I am also wondering about his admitting that he did laundry at 3:15am instead of searching for her. Was he concerned that somehow they'd discover the washing machine had been run in the middle of the night, so he'd have to weave that in to the story?

It may have to do with the wife. He may not have been sure if she heard anything, or what she might say under pressure, so it may be that he felt compelled to cover his bases and offer some reason for the noises she may have heard during the night. Just a thought...

Yes, IMO. Guilty people explain their actions in depth because they are worried about the small details

Edited my post, because the source was from other people's comments in Omair Siddiqi's live feed, and not in MSM.

Thanks!! I saw it mentioned in the last thread, but forgot to inquire about the source/article.

Is it normal for them to call off an amber alert? This is my first post on WS. This just seemed like a really odd thing to do, especially since when I did a perimeter map with an estimate of 50mph if the dad did do something, she could be anywhere within about 125 miles and/or in different states within his given time frame. If someone else took her, which doesn't sound like the case because the amber alert was taken down, she could have been 250miles from home if abducted. So yeah, just wondering if this is normal for Amber Alerts and if we know whether or not they are looking anywhere besides what we have seen in MSM around the home?

''When Mathews went to check on Sherin, allegedly 15 minutes later, she was gone.

While he was disciplining Sherin, who was adopted less than a year ago, his wife was allegedly sleeping in the home and he alerted her to what had happened, Mathews told police."

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...rl-toddler-sherin-search-warrant-12269307.php

I wonder when he alerted her to what had happened. When it happened or at 8am?

Is it normal for them to call off an amber alert? This is my first post on WS. This just seemed like a really odd thing to do, especially since when I did a perimeter map with an estimate of 50mph if the dad did do something, she could be anywhere within about 125 miles and/or in different states within his given time frame. If someone else took her, which doesn't sound like the case because the amber alert was taken down, she could have been 250miles from home if abducted. So yeah, just wondering if this is normal for Amber Alerts and if we know whether or not they are looking anywhere besides what we have seen in MSM around the home?

Amber Alerts, as far as I know, expire after a certain period of time and aren't reissued unless there is a new lead.

*Here is an article from Fox 4 News regarding the cancelled alert: http://www.fox4news.com/news/amber-...on-girl-discontinued-due-to-lack-of-new-leads

"[FONT=&quot]Richardson police said the end of the alert does is not an indication of the current condition of the child, rather that tips have dried up and officials can’t justify keeping the alert active. New information could reactivate the alert."[/FONT]

Is it normal for police to wait 7 hours after child is reported missing to issue an Amber Alert? It came over my phone 3:01pm.
I'm wondering if the father didn't give her to someone else? Perhaps sent her back to India - didn't want church to know he just couldn't handle her developmental disabilities - the nightly feedings etc?
It may be wishful thinking but I don't think she is dead.
Has anyone discussed or checked a late night flight to India? A child who could sit in a lap wouldn't even need a ticket.
Someone suggested she may have been a family members child? Who would go look for her in India? His story may simply be an explanation to church, work, friends?
What would you think if the nice very loving good Christian family with good jobs, nice house told you they were returning their adopted child?
Something is just weird about the whole story.

Welcome :)

:welcome4:

Is it normal for police to wait 7 hours after child is reported missing to issue an Amber Alert? It came over my phone 3:01pm.
I'm wondering if the father didn't give her to someone else? Perhaps sent her back to India - didn't want church to know he just couldn't handle her developmental disabilities - the nightly feedings etc?
Has anyone discussed or checked a late night flight to India? A child who could sit in a lap wouldn't even need a ticket.
Someone suggested she may have been a family members child? Who would go look for her in India? His story may simply be an explanation to church, work, friends?
What would you think if the nice very loving good Christian family with good jobs, nice house told you they were returning their adopted child?
She would need a passport, and this would have been checked by now. Even international flights from DFW or Lovefield don't leave at that hour, that I'm aware of. I'd think "dad" would be more than happy to say he put her on a flight at this point.

But if they were sending her back to India, to be with extended family members, they could have made a convincing positive story about it. We are sending her to visit her Aunt and Uncle because Uncle Amit is a pediatrician and may be able to help her.

Anything like that would be better than 'I put her in the woods at 3 am and did a load of laundry while waiting for her to find her way home.'

I've not slept much again worrying about sherin. Where are you little girl. I'm hoping LE knows more than they are saying and they are quietly putting their case together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail