1019 users online (191 members and 828 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906

    New Osama Bin Tape

    Released ...strong threats made against US

  2. #2
    you're fast!...was fixin to post the same thing....just broke in on ABC about this....whoever it is, is claiming the reason they haven't struck the US is NOT because of extra security...(apparently they're just taking their time)...said that another strike is in the works & will be put to plan soon...

    they're trying to determine if it's Bin Laden for sure...haven't heard from him since December, 2004....

    edited to add...this is about all i could find as far as a link, at the moment

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182153,00.html

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Not confirmed to be recent or him by CIA yet

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    583
    Ohh, I am shivering in my boots at the news that they are planning new attacks for the US. Duh! Of course they are! And call me silly, but I don't think we are going to get a courtesy tape or call ahead of time before the attacks take place.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    I think they give him too much media time. They need to NOT give him all the free press.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I think they give him too much media time. They need to NOT give him all the free press.
    i agree to a point with you, but the American public should know about these things, instead of keeping it hush hush, imo....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - Al-Jazeera aired an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden on Thursday, saying al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a truce to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan. The voice on the tape said heightened security measures in the United States are not the reason there have been no attacks there since the Sept. 11, 2001, suicide hijackings.

    Instead, the reason is "because there are operations that need preparations, and you will see them," he said.

    "Based on what I have said, it is better not to fight the Muslims on their land," he said. "We do not mind offering you a truce that is fair and long-term. ... So we can build Iraq and Afghanistan ... there is no shame in this solution because it prevents wasting of billions of dollars ... to merchants of war." The speaker did not give conditions for a truce in the excerpts aired by the Arab broadcaster.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - Al-Jazeera aired an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden on Thursday, saying al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a truce to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan. The voice on the tape said heightened security measures in the United States are not the reason there have been no attacks there since the Sept. 11, 2001, suicide hijackings.

    Instead, the reason is "because there are operations that need preparations, and you will see them," he said.

    "Based on what I have said, it is better not to fight the Muslims on their land," he said. "We do not mind offering you a truce that is fair and long-term. ... So we can build Iraq and Afghanistan ... there is no shame in this solution because it prevents wasting of billions of dollars ... to merchants of war." The speaker did not give conditions for a truce in the excerpts aired by the Arab broadcaster.
    Boy, that makes a lot of sense. "We are almost ready to attack you. But we are offering a truce." Methinks al-qaida is feeling a little desperate............

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I think they give him too much media time. They need to NOT give him all the free press.
    I agree.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by robinparten
    Boy, that makes a lot of sense. "We are almost ready to attack you. But we are offering a truce." Methinks al-qaida is feeling a little desperate............
    ok, am i just not understanding this??...i think the truce that's being talked about is with Iraq & Afghanistan, not the US...correct me if i'm wrong ...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    Released ...strong threats made against US
    Which gets me back to my thinking that I was never upset the Bush admin.
    was tapping into to private phone calls between the us and suspected terrorists. I was thinking-finally, he's on the ball so we're not blindsided by the next big one. Anyone's thoughts on this?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Quote Originally Posted by close_enough
    i agree to a point with you, but the American public should know about these things, instead of keeping it hush hush, imo....

    Agreed, but they could figure out if its even a real video before they go spouting off at the mouth, putting it on every news cast and on the front page of every newspaper. Once they determine its real, annouce and and then shut up about it. The more they show it over and over and talk about it over and over, he's getting exactly what he wants.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by ellen13
    Which gets me back to my thinking that I was never upset the Bush admin.
    was tapping into to private phone calls between the us and suspected terrorists. I was thinking-finally, he's on the ball so we're not blindsided by the next big one. Anyone's thoughts on this?
    I agree with you, though I suspect a lot of people don't! I really do want to be sensitive to people's civil liberties, and it is good that the wiretapping issue saw some sunlight, but every president in recent times has done something quite similar.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    dallas, tx
    Posts
    3,282
    Quote Originally Posted by ellen13
    Which gets me back to my thinking that I was never upset the Bush admin.
    was tapping into to private phone calls between the us and suspected terrorists. I was thinking-finally, he's on the ball so we're not blindsided by the next big one. Anyone's thoughts on this?

    i agree that the Bush administration is doing what they think necessary to protect the homeland. i would hope it will not take another attack on American soil to remind those now complaining what happened and how we all felt on 9/11!!

    it is my own opinion that i do not mind anyone listening in on my phone calls because i have nothing to hide. and these days with all the cell phones anyone, not just the government "spies" could intercept a call. but as i say, this is just me. i know others think differently.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Agreed, but they could figure out if its even a real video before they go spouting off at the mouth, putting it on every news cast and on the front page of every newspaper. Once they determine its real, annouce and and then shut up about it. The more they show it over and over and talk about it over and over, he's getting exactly what he wants.
    Jeana - I actually believe hat this kind of publicity works against al-qaida. I think they look inept, foolish and desperate, and I think the threats they make remind all Americans that they are a potentially dangerous enemy and we must stay sharp and focused.

    Then again, maybe the tape has hidden messages or something to their co-conspiritors..............you never know!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. MD MD - Adam, 4, & Jason Shannon, 7 mos, Rosedale, 22 Aug 2001
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2013, 06:11 PM
  2. MD Adam Osama Shannon (4) & Jason Osama Shannon (7 months) - Rosedale MD, 2001
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 04:40 PM