New Osama Bin Tape

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
Released ...strong threats made against US

you're fast!...was fixin to post the same thing....just broke in on ABC about this....whoever it is, is claiming the reason they haven't struck the US is NOT because of extra security...(apparently they're just taking their time)...said that another strike is in the works & will be put to plan soon...

they're trying to determine if it's Bin Laden for sure...haven't heard from him since December, 2004....

edited to add...this is about all i could find as far as a link, at the moment

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182153,00.html

Not confirmed to be recent or him by CIA yet

Ohh, I am shivering in my boots at the news that they are planning new attacks for the US. Duh! Of course they are! And call me silly, but I don't think we are going to get a courtesy tape or call ahead of time before the attacks take place.

I think they give him too much media time. They need to NOT give him all the free press.

Jeana (DP) said:
I think they give him too much media time. They need to NOT give him all the free press.

i agree to a point with you, but the American public should know about these things, instead of keeping it hush hush, imo....

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - Al-Jazeera aired an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden on Thursday, saying al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a truce to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan. The voice on the tape said heightened security measures in the United States are not the reason there have been no attacks there since the Sept. 11, 2001, suicide hijackings.

Instead, the reason is "because there are operations that need preparations, and you will see them," he said.

"Based on what I have said, it is better not to fight the Muslims on their land," he said. "We do not mind offering you a truce that is fair and long-term. ... So we can build Iraq and Afghanistan ... there is no shame in this solution because it prevents wasting of billions of dollars ... to merchants of war." The speaker did not give conditions for a truce in the excerpts aired by the Arab broadcaster.

Linda7NJ said:
CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - Al-Jazeera aired an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden on Thursday, saying al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a truce to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan. The voice on the tape said heightened security measures in the United States are not the reason there have been no attacks there since the Sept. 11, 2001, suicide hijackings.

Instead, the reason is "because there are operations that need preparations, and you will see them," he said.

"Based on what I have said, it is better not to fight the Muslims on their land," he said. "We do not mind offering you a truce that is fair and long-term. ... So we can build Iraq and Afghanistan ... there is no shame in this solution because it prevents wasting of billions of dollars ... to merchants of war." The speaker did not give conditions for a truce in the excerpts aired by the Arab broadcaster.
Boy, that makes a lot of sense. "We are almost ready to attack you. But we are offering a truce." Methinks al-qaida is feeling a little desperate............

robinparten said:
Boy, that makes a lot of sense. "We are almost ready to attack you. But we are offering a truce." Methinks al-qaida is feeling a little desperate............

ok, am i just not understanding this??...i think the truce that's being talked about is with Iraq & Afghanistan, not the US...correct me if i'm wrong ...

Linda7NJ said:
Released ...strong threats made against US
Which gets me back to my thinking that I was never upset the Bush admin.
was tapping into to private phone calls between the us and suspected terrorists. I was thinking-finally, he's on the ball so we're not blindsided by the next big one. Anyone's thoughts on this?

close_enough said:
i agree to a point with you, but the American public should know about these things, instead of keeping it hush hush, imo....

Agreed, but they could figure out if its even a real video before they go spouting off at the mouth, putting it on every news cast and on the front page of every newspaper. Once they determine its real, annouce and and then shut up about it. The more they show it over and over and talk about it over and over, he's getting exactly what he wants.

ellen13 said:
was tapping into to private phone calls between the us and suspected terrorists. I was thinking-finally, he's on the ball so we're not blindsided by the next big one. Anyone's thoughts on this?
I agree with you, though I suspect a lot of people don't! I really do want to be sensitive to people's civil liberties, and it is good that the wiretapping issue saw some sunlight, but every president in recent times has done something quite similar.

ellen13 said:

i agree that the Bush administration is doing what they think necessary to protect the homeland. i would hope it will not take another attack on American soil to remind those now complaining what happened and how we all felt on 9/11!!

it is my own opinion that i do not mind anyone listening in on my phone calls because i have nothing to hide. and these days with all the cell phones anyone, not just the government "spies" could intercept a call. but as i say, this is just me. i know others think differently.

Jeana (DP) said:
Agreed, but they could figure out if its even a real video before they go spouting off at the mouth, putting it on every news cast and on the front page of every newspaper. Once they determine its real, annouce and and then shut up about it. The more they show it over and over and talk about it over and over, he's getting exactly what he wants.
Jeana - I actually believe hat this kind of publicity works against al-qaida. I think they look inept, foolish and desperate, and I think the threats they make remind all Americans that they are a potentially dangerous enemy and we must stay sharp and focused.

Then again, maybe the tape has hidden messages or something to their co-conspiritors..............you never know!

robinparten said:
Jeana - I actually believe hat this kind of publicity works against al-qaida. I think they look inept, foolish and desperate, and I think the threats they make remind all Americans that they are a potentially dangerous enemy and we must stay sharp and focused.

Then again, maybe the tape has hidden messages or something to their co-conspiritors..............you never know!

You sure don't ever know! I can't imagine sitting around so filled with hate that it consumes my every thought as they seem to do.

Jeana (DP) said:

Oh I agree.. he's getting what he wants and that is the publicity... we are supose to be sooo afraid because he barks??... woof woof..:rolleyes: yes, we will probably have more attacks but I don't think it's because of "just" him...

PaperDoll said:
Oh I agree.. he's getting what he wants and that is the publicity... we are supose to be sooo afraid because he barks??... woof woof..:rolleyes: yes, we will probably have more attacks but I don't think it's because of "just" him...

There are 100 waiting to take his place. We need to be vigilent always and unfortunately our children will never know the relative security and freedom that we had, but America is still be best country on the planet (IMO). :woohoo:

close_enough said:
ok, am i just not understanding this??...i think the truce that's being talked about is with Iraq & Afghanistan, not the US...correct me if i'm wrong ...

ok, i'm going to dismiss this as a stupid question...off to get some errands done & see Brokeback Mountain...might even slip in Memoirs of a Geisha :D

Bin Laden can lick the soles of my shoes!

Unfortunately, this probably means an attack is eminent somewhere other than America. This has been the case in the past. If he was planning a mainland US strike, he woudn't alert us first.

For more than a year, we have seen Al Zwahiri doing the talking for Bin Laden. Perhaps the stike in Pakistan hit a little close?

Also, I want to know why Bin Laden has stopped showing his face. I think he was injured in an attack and disfigured or he might be hooked up to some dialysis machines. He isn't showing himself for a reason.

I so hope it is Bin Laden because it means he is alive. There were reports that he died and was buried.

I think that the HQ and every reporter for the Al Jazeera should be followed 24x7 to try to find the courier that is bringing these Bin Laden tapes. Then follow the courier to Bin Laden.

I can tell you that if we know where he and Al Zwahiri are, we will bomb them between now and this Summer....residual mid-term elections are coming up.

New

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back