JAR again

ellen13

Reaction score
I've just spent the last 20 minutes reading what you all wrote back in Sept. regarding JAR. Ok, I know he had the alibi, etc. However, has it been brought up that he might have had college friends who could have done the dirty work there in Boulder. I didn't realize he was going to school in Boulder. I told you I was a Newbie, so I just learned that. Perhaps he and his friends really did want to get money from JR and the whole kidnapping attempt had gone wrong. Did JAR have friends over regularly who were familiar with JBR?
I mean, we have all known of young men who killed their families for the money.
And, yes, to college kids, 118,000 would seem like a lot of money back in 1996.
Or, the whole thing was a cover-up because they knew JBR was going to tell on them soon and they knew they had to get rid of her. Perhaps she didn't recognize her killers because they were in ski masks, etc.
I'm sure my theory here is not original, and you all have commented on this same thing before. Would anyone mind sharing more with me?

Ellen! I don't believe I have ever entertained the idea that someone JAR knew from college could have been involved.

FWIW the only thing that keeps me from suspecting someone other than a family member is the lack of foreign fiber evidence and the fact that the room she was found in was not easily found. I don't know how many people actually knew about it and it seems that not many did. Plus if someone had gone there to try and actually kidnap her why didn't they bring the ransom note with them? It just doesn't add up for me in that respect, but your idea is very intriging and I thank you for helping dust off the cobwebs on this case.

Seeker said:
the fact that the room she was found in was not easily found. I don't know how many people actually knew about it and it seems that not many did.

The person who placed her in the wine-cellar may not be the same person killed her.

When this first happened, I was sure that the older brother was involved, along with his friends. It just sounded, and still does, like a crime committed by 'boys' who happened to be evil pervs. But thus far, his alibi has held, and it seems to be a dead end, just like everything else.

Morag said:
When this first happened, I was sure that the older brother was involved, along with his friends. It just sounded, and still does, like a crime committed by 'boys' who happened to be evil pervs. But thus far, his alibi has held, and it seems to be a dead end, just like everything else.
Yes, I believe JAR's alibi held because he wasn't present during any of it.
And think about a motive-he already lost Beth, so she would not get any inheritance, with JBR out of the picture, that was 2 less siblings he would have to divy up the inheritance with. That could have been a motive. I wonder if that ever ran through his head. I know this is a sick way of thinking, but I think
anything is possible.

ellen13 said:
QUOTE]

ellen13,

JAR's alibi seems ironclad, but the contents of his blue suitcase in the basement points a suspicious finger at him. Even though JAR was out of town on the night of the murder, the comforter with his semen on it, a Dr. Seuss book, and (according to the CBI) fibers from the comforter on the genitalia of JonBenet, suggests something fishy may have been going on between JAR and JonBenet at an earlier date.

BlueCrab

This is the idea that I lean towards the most.

I have always thought that JonBenét would only go with someone she knew. And maybe this is the one that told her about the secret visit from Santa.

He'd be familiar with the house, familiar with the family's plans. I think he was jealous of JAR, and maybe even partially hoped it would get pinned on him... He could have been totally dellusional, and fancied himself to be in love with JonBenét. Make her his forever? Maybe he suspected JAR of abusing her, and he "saved" her? Who knows how creepy guys like that think?

To me, the note sounded immature. It sounded like someone with alot of anger under the surface toward this family. Like someone was relishing in their control over John. "I'm the big man now!"

BlueCrab said:
ellen13 said:
QUOTE]

ellen13,

JAR's alibi seems ironclad, but the contents of his blue suitcase in the basement points a suspicious finger at him. Even though JAR was out of town on the night of the murder, the comforter with his semen on it, a Dr. Seuss book, and (according to the CBI) fibers from the comforter on the genitalia of JonBenet, suggests something fishy may have been going on between JAR and JonBenet at an earlier date.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab,

That is highly suspect for sure. The only problem I have with that,is where the suit case was found.I can't imagine it being part of the murder scene,and then been left right under the broken basement window,where the police and investigators would zone in.

Doesn't it almost look like a set up to you?

IrishMist said:
This is the idea that I lean towards the most.

I have always thought that JonBenét would only go with someone she knew. And maybe this is the one that told her about the secret visit from Santa.

He'd be familiar with the house, familiar with the family's plans. I think he was jealous of JAR, and maybe even partially hoped it would get pinned on him... He could have been totally dellusional, and fancied himself to be in love with JonBenét. Make her his forever? Maybe he suspected JAR of abusing her, and he "saved" her? Who knows how creepy guys like that think?

To me, the note sounded immature. It sounded like someone with alot of anger under the surface toward this family. Like someone was relishing in their control over John. "I'm the big man now!"

IrishMist,

Who are you referring to in your post?

Here's a thought .....

How well did JAR and NI know each other?
I'll just throw this out there ... could it have been NI,who set it up to look like JAR did it?

Never thought of his until just now,something to ponder anyway ..

BlueCrab said:
IrishMist,

Who are you referring to in your post?
Actually, BC, no one! :)
A friend of JAR's. Someone who went to school with him. A buddy, one of the group. I doubt it was anyone central- like a best friend.

That is clear as mud, isn't it? I'm getting tired. :blushing:

BlueCrab said:
ellen13 said:
QUOTE]

ellen13,

BlueCrab

I have to say something here. I feel so sorry for JAR to be having all these things and suspcions said about him when he is one of only three people cleared in this crime. IMO, that suitcase and it's contents have absolutely zilch to do with what happened that night, other than staging. I don't think Patsy or John even knew what in the heck was in that suitcase, as evidenced by her surprised sudden laugh when the cops asked her if JAR had a Dr. Suess book. That reaction was believable to me, and believe me, what I believe coming from PR's mouth could fit on the head of a pin. And as far as the comforter having JAR's semen on it, c'mon Bluecrab you are a male. You know how that happens to boys! It can't be dated and until I hear Jonbenets DNA is also on that comforter I will assume it's a non-issue in this crime. In one interview John Ramsey was told the black shirt he wore on Christmas day (made in Israel) was responsible for the black fibers on Jonbenets genitalia. Now since he was one of only four people in the house that night , it seems to me that this would be the more believable scenario. At least he and his shirt were in the same state the crime was committed in! I just feel so sorry for JAR because his name is being drug through the mud and even Steve Thomas doesn't believe he had anything to do with it. Okay, I said my piece. Hope nobodys mad.

Well, all's fair in love and war.
I feel sorrier for Burke than I do for JAR.
(Even though [most days] I think Burke is guilty of involvement in his sister's death, I believe it to have been accidental and came about as a result of intense sibling rivarly and his being emotionally neglected by his parents)

narlacat said:
Well, all's fair in love and war.
I feel sorrier for Burke than I do for JAR.
(Even though [most days] I think Burke is guilty of involvement in his sister's death, I believe it to have been accidental and came about as a result of intense sibling rivarly and his being emotionally neglected by his parents)
Is it just me,or does Burke seem to be dressed a little bit dorky in the pics we see of him.Maybe he was dressed to please Mummy as well.

dingo said:
Is it just me,or does Burke seem to be dressed a little bit dorky in the pics we see of him.Maybe he was dressed to please Mummy as well.
It's a matter of personal taste. Burke is the son of an older mother and we tend to have slightly more dorky tastes!

When I had my older kids, I was a young mother but my friend was an older mother. Our tastes differed so much. She dressed her son in classic children's clothes - crimpoline trousers, little shirts with peter pan collars. She also dressed him ONLY in cotton lawn gowns until after his christening! Very traditional.

Then I had another baby later on and I an the older mum now! I dislike the pop-star fashions for little girls so much and I dress her in more traditional styles. Not all the time - she does have some trendy things but I won't let her wear any of the Britney Spears type stuff that they manufacture for 5/6 year olds these days.

I say Burke being dorky has more to do with Patsy's age than anything else.

Let's face it.
Patsy had really bad taste!!
You only have to look at her attempts at renovating, that place was a visual nightmare!

QUOTE>>Then I had another baby later on and I an the older mum now! I dislike the pop-star fashions for little girls so much and I dress her in more traditional styles. Not all the time - she does have some trendy things but I won't let her wear any of the Britney Spears type stuff that they manufacture for 5/6 year olds these days.<<

Good for you Jayelle's.
I haven't got a little girl, only a little boy.
But if I did, I would let her be just that...a little girl.

trixie said:
I have to say something here. I feel so sorry for JAR to be having all these things and suspcions said about him when he is one of only three people cleared in this crime. IMO, that suitcase and it's contents have absolutely zilch to do with what happened that night, other than staging. I don't think Patsy or John even knew what in the heck was in that suitcase, as evidenced by her surprised sudden laugh when the cops asked her if JAR had a Dr. Suess book. That reaction was believable to me, and believe me, what I believe coming from PR's mouth could fit on the head of a pin. And as far as the comforter having JAR's semen on it, c'mon Bluecrab you are a male. You know how that happens to boys! It can't be dated and until I hear Jonbenets DNA is also on that comforter I will assume it's a non-issue in this crime. In one interview John Ramsey was told the black shirt he wore on Christmas day (made in Israel) was responsible for the black fibers on Jonbenets genitalia. Now since he was one of only four people in the house that night , it seems to me that this would be the more believable scenario. At least he and his shirt were in the same state the crime was committed in! I just feel so sorry for JAR because his name is being drug through the mud and even Steve Thomas doesn't believe he had anything to do with it. Okay, I said my piece. Hope nobodys mad.

trixie,

JAR and Melinda were publicly cleared by the cops as part of a deal. It doesn't mean a hill of beans, and anyone cleared can be "uncleared" at any time.

The contents of the suitcase is important to consider. It points to JAR as possibly having something sexually to do with JonBenet. To ignore this evidence would be gross negligence on the part of LE.

BlueCrab

narlacat said:
Let's face it.
Patsy had really bad taste!!
You only have to look at her attempts at renovating, that place was a visual nightmare!
OMG YES! That house was a mess, I can't believe she invited people to tour it! LOL

trixie said:
Yes well I totally agree with what you say about JAR and the comforter with JAR's semen on it. What a non-issue. As far as the suitcase goes, John said it was not where he had left it and I think it was moved there by somone who wanted to escape from the sexual abuse scene when things got a bit too heavy for him. And as for the black fibres issue, there has never been any 'the same as' comparisons made, it has always only been 'consistent with' comparisons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back