Found Deceased UK - Matthew Whyman, 31, Ipswich, 10 Oct 2017

Inverloch

Reaction score
Suffolk Police have asked for help from the public in the search for a man who has not been seen since leaving his Ipswich home early on Tuesday morning.

image.jpg

Matthew Whyman was last seen at his home address in the town at 7.15am on Tuesday, 10 October, but has not been seen since.

He is described as white, 6ft 2ins tall, bald and he has a beard. He is believed to be wearing beige trousers, with a navy SuperDry hoodie.

Police have said that Mr Whyman is considered to be vulnerable and as such officers are concerned for his welfare which has prompted them to issue this appeal for help from members of the public in the area

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/p...-missing-ipswich-man-matthew-whyman-1-5233363

Thank you, Inverloch, for starting a new thread.

Added to UK index (see link below)

Police are appealing for help to trace a missing 31-year-old man from Ipswich.
Matthew Whyman was last seen at his home address in the town at 7.15am on Tuesday, 10 October, but has not been seen since.

He is described as white, 6ft 2ins tall, bald and has a beard. He is believed to be wearing beige trousers, with a navy SuperDry hoodie.

Mr Whyman is considered to be vulnerable and as such police are concerned for his welfare.

Anyone who believes they may have seen Mr Whyman, or who has any information regarding his whereabouts, is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101.

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/matthew-whyman

I don't like it when they describe someone as vulnerable. Hopefully Matthew just needs some time out if something's bothering him. Looking at his FB he has a full life with loving family and friends (yes I know social media doesn't show the bigger picture) and I hope he's home asap.

I don't like it when they describe someone as vulnerable. Hopefully Matthew just needs some time out if something's bothering him. Looking at his FB he has a full life with loving family and friends (yes I know social media doesn't show the bigger picture) and I hope he's home asap.
Agree Cags, hope he's found asap!

Sadly, I've learned a lot about Suicide recently. A 19 year old boy who my youngest daughter was friends with since starting secondary school - went outside his house one night, walked a few steps to the nearest big tree and hung himself [emoji52] 19 is so not a lifetime [emoji22]

7000 people approx each year in the UK & NI commit suicide, 3/4 of those are men and highest rates being men aged 40-44.

We have to do more and demand more for our brothers, sons, Dads, husbands, friends

I've added a pic that perfectly sums up depression xx
4ce7a2bf6c1d45fe1a742c4dab65c2ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agree Cags, hope he's found asap!

Sadly, I've learned a lot about Suicide recently. A 19 year old boy who my youngest daughter was friends with since starting secondary school - went outside his house one night, walked a few steps to the nearest big tree and hung himself [emoji52] 19 is so not a lifetime [emoji22]

7000 people approx each year in the UK & NI commit suicide, 3/4 of those are men and highest rates being men aged 40-44.

We have to do more and demand more for our brothers, sons, Dads, husbands, friends

I've added a pic that perfectly sums up depression xx
4ce7a2bf6c1d45fe1a742c4dab65c2ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's friend - what a horribly sad thing to happen. For someone at 19 to feel there is no way to go on is heartbreaking.

I agree with you totally. But the biggest problem is the lack of mental health care in the UK. In some areas there can be a 6 month wait for counselling on the NHS. Crisis care teams often only work Monday to Fridays meaning there are whole periods of time where people are without the support they need. And there is still such a stigma about it all - people think that they can't admit that things are going wrong and feel the need to struggle on.

BUT there is hope - there are a lot of organisations out there that are working with vulnerable people and looking to support people. And I saw a report in the Guardian the other day that said the suicide rates in the UK are dropping considerably. It won't ever really be enough until the suicide rate is 0 but it's moving in the right direction. I hope Matthew is found and given the help and support he needs.

Looks like his body may have been found:

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/b...o-be-that-of-missing-matthew-whyman-1-5246375 published yesterday, 21st October.
[FONT=&amp]Police were called by a member of the public at around 3pm yesterday reporting the discovery in woodland near Spring Road.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The body is believed to be that of missing Matthew Whyman, who was last seen at his home address in the town at 7.15am on Tuesday, October 10.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The 35-year-old’s family have been informed of the discovery and formal identification procedures are due to take place in due course.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Police launched a search for Mr Whyman as he was considered to be vulnerable and they were concerned for his welfare.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Detectives released a new picture of him earlier this week in an effort to trace him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]A CCTV image from the day he went missing showed a possible sighting of him on Darwin Road.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will now be prepared for the coroner.[/FONT]
BBM.

To me it sounds like perhaps he has tragically taken his own life in the woodland.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back