GPS for sexual predators in California!

bakerprune64

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/6245877/detail.html

..."We don't want to overwhelm the state with a good thing, but this is something we have to start in steps," she said. "So we decided to target those who target women and children." ...

More than 63,000 sex offenders are registered statewide, about 11,000 of whom live in Los Angeles County, according to the state Attorney General's office.

Statistics provided by the state Department of Corrections show that about 70 percent of convicted child molesters commit similar offenses within three years of being released from prison, Fairchild said.

As part of a study, the state fitted 250 parolees who had committed violent crimes and were deemed as "high risk" with GPS monitors last July, Fairchild said. Forty-two of those felons have already returned to prison, she said.

I think this is the best idea and the worst idea to come forward.

The good is that if an Amber alert is issues....badda bing, give me every deviate in a 15 mile radius and go visit them. The ACLU would say that searches on homes and cars as a result of an Amber alert violates the 4th ammendment.

The bad is that if someone abducts your child and the alert goes out, it probably means they will rape and/or kill them in a very short time period. If they didn't have the GPS, they might get caught before killing the child.

I think this might deter some but cause others who have shown no semblance of care for themselves and or their victims to escallate.

I think a better alternative to someone who would rape a woman or a child is to shove a small charge of C4 up their arse and remote detonate it.

Cal

calus_3 said:

The good is that if an Amber alert is issues....badda bing, give me every deviate in a 15 mile radius and go visit them. The ACLU would say that searches on homes and cars as a result of an Amber alert violates the 4th ammendment.

The bad is that if someone abducts your child and the alert goes out, it probably means they will rape and/or kill them in a very short time period. If they didn't have the GPS, they might get caught before killing the child.

I think this might deter some but cause others who have shown no semblance of care for themselves and or their victims to escallate.

I think a better alternative to someone who would rape a woman or a child is to shove a small charge of C4 up their arse and remote detonate it.

Cal

Hahahaha, Cal ROTFLMAO

calus_3 said:

Cal
Those that escalate to murder will do so anyway. At least in the case of GPS you'll know which ones are responsible and be able to track them down quickly. Although I suspect we might see a lot of one-legged pedos after awhile.

bakerprune64 said:
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/6245877/detail.html

..."We don't want to overwhelm the state with a good thing, but this is something we have to start in steps," she said. "So we decided to target those who target women and children." ...

More than 63,000 sex offenders are registered statewide, about 11,000 of whom live in Los Angeles County, according to the state Attorney General's office.

Statistics provided by the state Department of Corrections show that about 70 percent of convicted child molesters commit similar offenses within three years of being released from prison, Fairchild said.

As part of a study, the state fitted 250 parolees who had committed violent crimes and were deemed as "high risk" with GPS monitors last July, Fairchild said. Forty-two of those felons have already returned to prison, she said.
Good!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I know there was a local new story here last week about using this to get a molester on a parole violation.

His GPS showed him in a pool hall/arcade. The owner of the arcade said the police were at his establishment immediately after the parolee was in there.
They set up a surveillance on him and watched him. As long as he stayed on the pool hall side he was in compliance. the minute he ventured over to the arcade he was violating. They have him on film something like 26 times in the arcade and then they arrested him.
I heard an interview with the owner of the establishment. He had to kind of "befriend" the guy to keep him from getting suspicious.

This was the same high profile molester that drew a lot of protestors when he moved into their neighborhood a few months back. but his name escapes me at the moment.

Maybe it's David Allen Dokich

I'm almost positive this is the guy that was just picked up in my post above:

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4636606/detail.html?rss=la&psp=news

Sex Offender Second Parolee In State To Wear Tracker

Mead Valley Community Still Wants Him Out

POSTED: 5:00 pm PDT June 21, 2005
UPDATED: 5:52 pm PDT June 21, 2005

MEAD VALLEY, Calif. -- Convicted sex offender David Dokich will become the second man in California Wednesday required to wear a Global Positioning System tracking device as a condition of his parole

The first GPS device, which continuously transmits digital radio signals that pinpoint locations on the earth, was placed on a San Diego parolee last Friday. Eventually 180 high-risk sex offenders in Southern California will be wearing the ankle bracelets.

But even if Dokich, 52, is wearing a GPS device, neighbors want him out.

Every morning for nearly two months, Sandra Castro has walked along Old Elsinore Road in Mead Valley carrying signs protesting the release of Dokich. Dokich, who is considered a high-risk sex offender, is living across the street in a group home.

He was convicted of raping two teenagers in the 1980s.

JBean said:
I know there was a local new story here last week about using this to get a molester on a parole violation.

His GPS showed him in a pool hall/arcade. The owner of the arcade said the police were at his establishment immediately after the parolee was in there.

This was the same high profile molester that drew a lot of protestors when he moved into their neighborhood a few months back. but his name escapes me at the moment.

Maybe it's David Allen Dokich

Hi JB.......I'm back.

I think this is the best thing to happen ever. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It's about time. Those monster molesters shouldn't even be out of jail as far as I'm concerned and I guarantee that LE feel's the same way.

xxxxxxxoo
mama

I want to see tracking devices in ALL sex offenders not just "high risk" but this is a step in the right direction.

Love_Mama said:
Hi JB.......I'm back.

I think this is the best thing to happen ever. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It's about time. Those monster molesters shouldn't even be out of jail as far as I'm concerned and I guarantee that LE feel's the same way.

xxxxxxxoo
mama
we missed you mama ..head over to the jury room wouldya?!

I think GPS and Megan's Law and all attempts at keeping track of these perverts are the wrong way to go. I say: make room in the prisons by releasing nonviolent (particularly drug users) offenders and LOCK THEM UP FOR LIFE. Harm a child, rape, molest, LOCK 'EM UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY!! No more chances. No parole. No probation. Why is their liberty a bigger consideration than the safety of children??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back