GUILTY NM - Paul, 34, & Tryone Posey, 44, Marilea Schmid, 13, slain, Hondo, 5 July 2004

Yes - I'm watching it and was glued to it all afternoon. I would have to say, I have changed my mind just listening to the defendant. At this point, I would say it's too bad he could only kill his SOB father once. I cannot imagine the horrors this kid lived through. You can't make up this stuff!

I have had tears streaming down my face for the last hour. This is the saddest testimony I have heard ever. This kid was abused physically, emotionally, sexually and to compound it, his SSI checks from his dead mother were used for his father's savings. When they had Cody doing the labor on the ranch and his boots had a hole in them...his father (who paid him 10 bucks a month) had him save that poor amount of money to buy another pair of boots. His father was sadistic on par with the worst serial killers we have ever heard of. I cannot get over this right now....Cody is very lucky to be alive. I think he would prefer life in prison to what he has already been through.

I'm confused....Did he ever tell anyone about all this abuse? Did any teachers or any other family members know or witness this abuse? Did anyone from school see evidence of abuse and just not report it? I didn't get to see his testimony yesterday and from reading the court tv articles, I can't find anywhere that talks about whether anyone else knew about the abuse.

Less: He lived 35 mi. from school and was driven back and forth daily, usually by his stepmom. He was never allowed any ouside school activities or to socialize with anyone in school. He step-sister would be "rewarded" anytime she reported that he had spoken to someone. He did manage to tell a girl at school that his Dad had hit him. She advised him to tell a counselor, I believe his name was Mr. Nelson. The counselor just smiled and said there was nothing he could do.

This young boy worked very hard on that ranch and that is putting it mildly. There are several ranch hands who are to testify to the abuse that they observed. There will also be a teacher and some students who will be called.

You could check over at CourtTV. There is a complete story about it, as well as comments on the message board.

less0305 said:
I'm confused....Did he ever tell anyone about all this abuse? Did any teachers or any other family members know or witness this abuse? Did anyone from school see evidence of abuse and just not report it? I didn't get to see his testimony yesterday and from reading the court tv articles, I can't find anywhere that talks about whether anyone else knew about the abuse.

They introduced photos taken at a hospital when he was in the second grade. His father had beat him with a board across his back and buttocks. He was removed at the time. Went to live with his mother and step-father and then his mom was killed in the car wreck. He lived with a maternal aunt until his father fought to get him back. He felt that no one could help him after a time. The system hadn't been too good to him up to that point.

Have they talked about the really vile, incest-based *advertiser censored* found on the dad's home computer yet?

BillyGoatGruff said:
Have they talked about the really vile, incest-based *advertiser censored* found on the dad's home computer yet?

Yes, but I didn't listen. The DA will begin cross shortly. I can only take this testimony in short spurts as it is so heartwrenching what this boy has gone through.

concernedperson said:
Yes, but I didn't listen. The DA will begin cross shortly. I can only take this testimony in short spurts as it is so heartwrenching what this boy has gone through.
The DA seemed to try and ignore the documented history of child abuse on the father's part, which isn't a terribly good ploy. Might as well come out and say "Yeah, he was a SOB, and I would have killed him too, but you didn't have to kill the others."

BillyGoatGruff said:
The DA seemed to try and ignore the documented history of child abuse on the father's part, which isn't a terribly good ploy. Might as well come out and say "Yeah, he was a SOB, and I would have killed him too, but you didn't have to kill the others."
Yes he did. If he had let them live, they would have denied any abuse at all. They would have painted him as a deranged teenager. Then they would have inherited all the money and he would be in jail.

At least he was smart enough to kill them too.

Sorry, if this seems harsh, but I think the woman and the daughter got what they deserved too. There's no condoning the abuse of another. :truce:

Elliemae said:
Yes he did. If he had let them live, they would have denied any abuse at all. They would have painted him as a deranged teenager. Then they would have inherited all the money and he would be in jail.

At least he was smart enough to kill them too.

Sorry, if this seems harsh, but I think the woman and the daughter got what they deserved too. There's no condoning the abuse of another. :truce:
It's definitely re-defining what we perceive as victimhood, that's for sure.
This type of dynamic in abusive families (where one member is the scapegoat for the others, usually at the instigation of one of the adults, whetehr mother or father) is far from rare. What I can't figure out is how the father, after surrendering custody of the child, was allowed/able to step in and take him from the mother's family after her death.

ALAMOGORDO, N.M. — Newscaster Sam Donaldson, the first witness in the trial of a teenager charged with murdering his family on the journalist's ranch, on Tuesday recounted his discovery of the crime scene.
Cody Posey, 16, is accused of shooting his father, his stepmother and his 13-year-old stepsister in July 2004. The father was Donaldson's ranch foreman.

The boy told investigators he killed his family because his stepmother sexually abused him and his father hit him, according to a videotape played Tuesday, the trial's first day.

cont. at link
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/celebrities/3595094.html
Wanted to add this article for reference.

Outside the courthouse, Cody Posey's aunt and custodial guardian, Corliss Cleese, expressed horror at the killings, but said she was also not surprised.

"I knew something would happen someday because of the abuse," she said. "But he's really a good boy, and he's terrified right now."

http://news.findlaw.com/court_tv/s/20060117/17jan2006171857.html

Why in the world didn't she do something!!!

You can tell he is a decent tormented soul.The amount of abuse is astronomical even to the fact that his father made him write an essay about what a bad person he was....all he ever wanted was to be loved by anyone. Just breaks my heart. The oddest thing is I am agreeing with all the defense attorneys and so is Lisa Bloom. This is definitely a different stance for me.

If you go to courttv and go to this case you can watch his testimony. I started to watch it but didn't get a chance to finish it. Just in case anyone missed it, I thought I'd let you guys know.

This trial has really grabbed at my heart big time. I just want to put my arms around Cody and hug him. The defense had me as soon as he said the abuse started...as far as anyone can testify to...when Cody was 1 1/2 years old. Cody was toddling around when two electricians were at their home to repair a furnace. Cody did something that his father didn't like and the father took off his belt and starting hitting Cody with it. He was just a baby. It took the two electricians pulling the father off Cody to get him to stop :furious: Heartbreaking. If this father was this much of a monster when Cody was a baby I can imagine what kind of a monster he was as Cody grew older.

It's obvious that the father had no love for Cody. When the birth mother got custody of Cody after she got out of the service the father had a paper drawn up saying that he no longer wanted anything to do with Cody. He wouldn't have to pay any child support or back child support. He told Cody that if they ever ran into each other on the street that he best remember that they didn't know each other. Cody's birth mother had turned the father in for abusing Cody. It is so sad that Cody's mom was killed in a car accident only 3 months after she got him back.

Cody did so well on the stand with both the Pros and the defense. He is such a little gentleman and never wavered in his testimony. The Pros didn't go after him at all. I got the feeling that she really didn't want to. She didn't bring up the murders but questioned the abuse. She has said that she hadn't heard about a lot of the abuse that the defense brought up in his opening statement. I think that after she discovered the amount of abuse this boy lived with she decided that she wasn't going to go after him. That is my opinion anyway.

That stepmother was no better then the father. She was abusive to Cody too. I believe Cody about the sex thing. I believe that the father would have gotten a big charge in making his son have sex with his stepmother. I don't believe a boy of 14 yrs would make up a story like that. You add all the incest that was one their computer and it all makes sense.

It's sad that the stepsister was also murdered but by the time Cody killed his stepmother and his dad he probably wasn't to in tune with his emotions and just shot the girl to. He didn't seem to really dislike her even though she did side with the parents against Cody. I guess she liked being the "good" kid.

I know that Cody will probably have to serve some time but I hope it is only until he is 21 yrs. This boy deserves to have a life for the first time is his young life. He deserves to find love and be a kid and just live. I hope and pray that the jury can see what brought Cody to the point of killing his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back