Found Safe LA - Priscilla Moreci, 12, New Orleans, 12 Oct 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Priscilla Elizabeth Moreci, 12, was last seen around 8:15 a.m. on October 12 when her father dropped her off at school in the 5300 block of Michoud Boulevard. Moreci was supposed to meet her father at his work site in the 900 block of St. Philip Street after school, but she never showed up.

Moreci 5’3” tall and weighs 115 pounds. She has brown eyes and brown hair. She was last seen dressed in her school uniform.

priscilla-elizabeth-moreci1.jpg

http://wgno.com/2017/10/13/nopd-looking-for-missing-12-year-old-new-orleans-east-girl/

UPDATE: Video appears to show missing 12-year old walking in Quarter

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Priscilla Elizabeth Moreci is asked to contact Eighth District detectives at 504-658-6080.

A surveillance camera captured Moreci walking on Burgundy Street between Dumaine and St. Phillip. That's about a block away from where she was supposed to meet her father.

http://www.wafb.com/story/36592311/video-appears-to-show-missing-12-year-old-walking-in-quarter

That's just a block or two from Bourbon Street and not a good area at all.

What a sweet, innocent young girl!

I am puzzled by this timeline. She disappears at 8:15am at her school. Roughly ten hours later, 6:45pm, she is on surveillance video a few blocks from her dad's work site. I wonder what time she was supposed to be there. Who drove her? Was it public transportation? Did she meet her father there regularly? Surely she didn't walk. Someone must have seen her in that general ten hour time frame.

I am concerned for her also because of the timing on the surveillance. It bothers me seeing a 12 year old walking on Burgundy St. at dusk.

Will keep looking for updates.

There appears to be no news updates still it is very concerning.

So the above says she was seen at her father's work site at 6:15 pm. I wonder if maybe she was late and dad left. Ugh! I hope she's somewhere, with friends. I do wonder how much bus fare she has.
I hope she's found today safe.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Is it possible that Dad is usually at work later in the afternoon & maybe Priscilla figured it would be ok to sit & chat with friends awhile longer or grab a bite to eat (my kids would absolutely do this!)... realizing the time, she heads to her dads office but finds the office is closed & Dad isn’t there?

Doesn’t sound like she has/had a cell phone in order to call him & even if she had access to one, the chances of anyone memorizing a phone # these days is slim-at least in my experience.

I don’t see why Dad wouldn’t have stayed at his workplace awhile longer considering that was the agreed upon meeting place. Maybe he did?

Did she attend school at all that day?
Did she leave early? Who checked her out if so?
Did she ride a bus after school? Walking?
How was she getting around?

ETA: I see she rode the bus & then was to walk to her dads workplace.

I’ve lived in New Orleans most of my life and am back as a retiree. No one in their right mind lets a 12 year old take public transit from school to the French Quarter and allows them to walk alone to their destination. This is just freaking crazy. Family should have made other arrangements.

Does LE think Priscilla is voluntarily missing? It seems like it to me, but maybe I am wrong. If they are, I assume they have more information than they have released.

I really don’t want to go down this road but I have to ask are there many sex offenders in the area Priscilla was last seen or is it mostly drugs etc that make it dangerous?

I’ve lived in New Orleans most of my life and am back as a retiree. No one in their right mind lets a 12 year old take public transit from school to the French Quarter and allows them to walk alone to their destination. This is just freaking crazy. Family should have made other arrangements.

I completely understand what your saying!

However, I just want to point out that while some may view this area as being a ‘bad part of town,’ this is still home to some.

The people who live in or frequent this area would have zero reason to make alternate plans for their children or wouldn’t think twice about it.

If one has grown up or lived in an area all their life, what do they have to compare it to?

I say this only to point out that while I wouldn’t allow my kids to walk or visit certain areas alone (or even with an adult for that matter), I can’t expect that ALL other parents would feel the same way. It’s all about perspective & lifestyle/experience. IMO!

Is there a news article which states she rode the bus? I am looking for updates but there aren't many. I don't recall seeing anything about taking the bus. I don't do Facebook so maybe I that's why I haven't seen it. Missing almost 2 days now......

Is there a news article which states she rode the bus? I am looking for updates but there aren't many. I don't recall seeing anything about taking the bus. I don't do Facebook so maybe I that's why I haven't seen it. Missing almost 2 days now......

Per the missing poster, she did ride the bus.
Priscilla.jpg

There is a park near where she was seen on video-Louis Armstrong Park. And a registered sex offender.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back