GUILTY FL - Makenzie Main, 17 months, drowned by father, Lady Lake, 9 Oct 2017

FlossyMay

Reaction score
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/lake/os-jeremy-main-kills-daughter-motive-20171010-story.html

Jeremy Main, 38, admitted to a Sumter County deputy after he turned himself in Monday that he killed his daughter and “ruined his life,” according to the affidavit. When he arrived at the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office substation on County Road 466 in The Villages, he was bleeding from the wrists in a failed attempt to commit suicide, the report said.
Deputies discovered Makenzie Main floating face down in bloody water in the master bathroom’s tub a half-hour earlier, the report said.

http://www.news965.com/news/local/l...oddler-lady-lake-home/imfrQYqLXvpiqoGSCKJ3LJ/

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1asocial.jpg
    1asocial.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 157
From first link above...

Jeremy Main called his wife about 9 a.m. Monday at her Marion County workplace to tell her he had killed their child, deputies said. She called 911, and Ocala police alerted the Lake County Sheriff’s Office. Lake deputies raced to the home on Redbud Road and busted in to find Makenzie dead. Holly Main’s two teenage daughters, who also live there, were in school at the time.

All for the sake of ego and "winning."

Her poor mom will never get over this. I have my 8mo asleep in my arms right now and the thought of what she's going through is unbearable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have lost a child, and it is unbearable, but to have a child murdered by someone you once loved, is another thing entirely. I don't know if there is anything beyond unbearable, but I am sure that there is.

I have lost a child, and it is unbearable, but to have a child murdered by someone you once loved, is another thing entirely. I don't know if there is anything beyond unbearable, but I am sure that there is.

I'm so sorry. My heart truly goes out to you. Losing a child has to be one of the hardest things anyone could ever endure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makenzie's obituary...

http://www.villages-news.com/makenzie-moira-main/

Makenzie Moira Main, 17 months, of Lady Lake, Florida earned her angel’s wings on Monday, October 9, 2017. She was born on April 17, 2016 in Leesburg, FL. Makenzie enjoyed playing outside, going for walks, swimming, and liked watching birds. She loved animals, playing with her sisters, going to the beach, kayaking, and picking flowers. She had a beautiful smile and happy disposition.

Attachments

• 1asocial.jpg
    1asocial.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 64
I know the father personally, I have not spoke to him about the actual crime (as per his lawyer of course). He was not mentally healthy at the time. Even as someone who cares for him, there is no excuse for his actions. The entire situation was completely preventable. My heart pains for Mackenzie and anyone who loved her. I do not understand how my friend could do this, however he did.

Welcome to Websleuths,
NinjaKitten78 !!

Jurors Friday rejected the state’s bid for the death penalty for Jeremy Main, the man who drowned his 17-month-old baby in 2017 when his wife told him she wanted a divorce.

They unanimously agreed that the act was heinous, atrocious, and cruel, and agreed with the statutory aggravators that Makenzie was younger than 12 and she was killed by a family member. But they rejected the notion that he had committed the murder in a cold, calculated premeditated way.
Florida man convicted of murdering his daughter gets life in prison

Jurors Friday rejected the state’s bid for the death penalty for Jeremy Main, the man who drowned his 17-month-old baby in 2017 when his wife told him she wanted a divorce.

They unanimously agreed that the act was heinous, atrocious, and cruel, and agreed with the statutory aggravators that Makenzie was younger than 12 and she was killed by a family member. But they rejected the notion that he had committed the murder in a cold, calculated premeditated way.
Florida man convicted of murdering his daughter gets life in prison
SBM

This is heartbreaking. Rest in peace, sweet little Makenzie.
b804d160-5687-46bd-b036-2c1701d71217-1012050208_FL_LEE_toddlerdeath2.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back