GUILTY NY - Romona Moore, 21, brutally murdered, Brooklyn, 24 April 2003

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A man on trial in the killing of a 21-year-old college student used a homemade weapon to stab his defense attorney near his neck while his co-defendant reached for a court officer's gun, authorities said.

Kayson Pearson stabbed the lawyer, Mitchell Dinnerstein, under the chin with a makeshift plastic or fiberglass weapon while he and Troy Hendrix were being taken out of the Brooklyn courtroom on Thursday, Office of Court Administration spokesman David Bookstaver said. Dinnerstein's injury did not appear to be life-threatening, he said.

A Department of Corrections spokesman told NewsChannel 4 that the inmates were strip-searched and went through a metal detector upon leaving Rikers' Island and were searched again at the courthouse. Officials said they recovered two pieces of plastic and one piece of metal, found in the person's rectal area.

Hendrix and Pearson, both in their early 20s, are accused of killing Ramona Moore, a Hunter College student whose body was found wrapped in a blanket behind a home in East Flatbush.

District Attorney Charles Hynes announced in January 2004 that he would seek the death penalty against them. Dinnerstein, representing Pearson, said at the time that Hynes' decision was "very disappointing."

"The defendant is very young, and his background is such that I thought the district attorney would use his discretion and not seek the death penalty," he said then.
http://www.wnbc.com/news/6254678/detail.html

I am terrible! I just had a vision of the attorney, holding his injured area, looking up at the judge and saying......"but he is innocent, You Honor!" I will slap myself, so no one else has to LOL. :slap:
Guess this means he will be looking for a new defense attorney to volunteer to represent him.

man on trial in the killing of a 21-year-old college student used a homemade weapon to stab his defense attorney while his co-defendant reached for a court officer's gun, authorities said.

The lawyer, Mitchell Dinnerstein, was stabbed under the chin with a makeshift weapon of plastic or fiberglass while the defendants were being taken out of the Brooklyn courtroom on Thursday, Office of Court Administration spokesman David Bookstaver said. The injury did not appear to be life-threatening, he said.
http://1010wins.com/topstories/local_story_019182834.html

I wonder how much his attempts to prosecute his attacker will be similar to how he was as a defense attorney? Will he be arguing against an overly strenuous sentence? Or pushing for the max?

Pearson and Hendrix brutally tortured that poor girl for days before killing her. IMO, its too bad the court officers couldn't get a clear shot...:furious:

A Brooklyn rape and murder trial erupted in terrifying bedlam yesterday when one suspect leaped across the defense table and tried to grab a court officer's gun - a second after his codefendant stabbed his own lawyer.
"He's going for my gun!" Sgt. James Gorra yelled as alleged killer Troy Hendrix, 22, armed with a plastic shiv, jumped toward him just as jurors were leaving the room in Brooklyn Supreme Court.

"I heard a noise. I turned. I saw a weapon in his hand," said Gorra, a 12-year veteran. "I turned to my side. I struck his arm as hard as I could. As we were tussling, we fell to the ground. He grabbed onto my gun."

Suspect Kayson Pearson, 23, a converted Jew wearing a white yarmulke, had created an instant's diversion by pulling out a shank of his own and stabbing attorney Mitch Dinnerstein under the chin.

Moore's mother, Elle Carmichael, had just left the witness stand after testifying in a monotone about how police took their time to look for her only child, whose badly decomposed body was found weeks after she was abducted on April 24, 2003. Moore had been bashed and mangled by a hammer, saw, barbell and knife.

"No! No! No! They're animals. They should have been killed!" Carmichael yelled hysterically after everyone was rushed from the chaotic courtroom. "Why didn't the police shoot them?"

Hendrix, stripped to a T-shirt and boxer shorts, was hustled out in a wheelchair with an oxygen mask.

Pearson also emerged in a wheelchair, laughing and chuckling.

"It's unbelievable," said a dazed Carmichael before leaving the courthouse. She recalled Pearson winking and squinting at Hendrix during her testimony, she said.

"I can just imagine what my daughter went through in the hands of these criminals," she said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/384293p-326187c.html

shadowangel said:
Pearson and Hendrix brutally tortured that poor girl for days before killing her. IMO, its too bad the court officers couldn't get a clear shot...:furious:

LOL, did you see what the victims mother said during the altercation? She was yelling the same thing.

The days of hanging the horse thief on the spot when they find him riding the horse are over, too bad.

Common sense has left the scene, wonder if it will ever come back?

Time has come to redesign the courtroom, just have a bullet proof container holding the prisoner to rise out of the floor and pipe in just enough air to keep em alive. When the days court session is over, the see through box slides into the floor and down into the darkness below, to be loaded into a transportable rail system and taken directly to their cells, without human contact.

mysteriew said:
I am terrible! I just had a vision of the attorney, holding his injured area, looking up at the judge and saying......"but he is innocent, You Honor!" I will slap myself, so no one else has to LOL. :slap:
Guess this means he will be looking for a new defense attorney to volunteer to represent him.

They don't volunteer, they're appointed by the court, but you did get a chuckle out of me.

Yes, they should have shot them while they had the chance! I bet Elle Carmichael's nightmares will be even worse after what happened in court. I wonder what they will do now, surely the injured defense attorney can't, and wouldn't even want to, continue to represent the Pearson creep. Will there be a mistrial and then start over again?

Pearson was laughing!!!

"Hendrix, stripped to a T-shirt and boxer shorts, was hustled out in a wheelchair with an oxygen mask.

Jean said:
Yes, they should have shot them while they had the chance! I bet Elle Carmichael's nightmares will be even worse after what happened in court. I wonder what they will do now, surely the injured defense attorney can't, and wouldn't even want to, continue to represent the Pearson creep. Will there be a mistrial and then start over again?

Pearson was laughing!!!

"Hendrix, stripped to a T-shirt and boxer shorts, was hustled out in a wheelchair with an oxygen mask.

It's all a game to them.

From March 2006:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/03/nyregion/03murder.html

The last time Mr. Jack saw Ms. Moore, on a visit to the old neighborhood, he said, she was lying on a basement floor, stripped to her underwear and chained by the neck and arms. Her eyes were blackened, her face swollen and bloodied, her voice weak from crying.

From April 2006:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/12/nyregion/12sentence.html

Kayson Pearson and Troy Hendrix, convicted of turning a family basement in Brooklyn into a torture chamber to savage and kill a college student and rape a 15-year-old girl, were sentenced yesterday to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

This is such a heartbreaking case. Even though I have very mixed feelings about Ramondo Jacks, he did eventually do the right thing by testifying against the subhumans who tortured and killed Romona. I wish one of the lowlifes involved in Brittanee Drexel's torture and murder would do the same thing! How can anyone witness such a horror and go about their life as usual?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin
Back