1006 users online (140 members and 866 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Dericka Lindsay, 9, suffocated, Pensacola, 14 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

http://www.fox10tv.com/story/3660136...h-in-pensacola

The child was taken to a hospital and later died.
    Veronica Posey, 64, is charged with homicide and cruelty towards a child. Grace Jones Smith, 69, is charged with child neglect and cruelty towards a child. James Smith, 62, was charged with child neglect.
    Video at this link... http://wkrg.com/2017/10/15/three-arr...-in-pensacola/

Pictured above- Veronica Posey (child's grandmother), Grace Jones Smith and James Smith
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry guys...IDK where I got Pasadena...It's Pensacola, Fl. I need more coffee...

UPDATE: New Information Released in Pensacola Child Death

UPDATE Monday October 16, 2017 11:00 a.m.

News 5 has learned the child who died in Pensacola on Saturday was 9-year old Dericka Lindsay.

According to an Escambia County Sheriff’s Office arrest report, Veronica Posey was disciplining Dericka, who Posey said was “out of control”.

Initial reports said Posey was the grandmother, but the arrest report reveals she is a cousin.

The report continues that during the course of the discipline, Posey sat on Dericka’s chest.

According to the report, Posey stated she heard Dericka say she could not breathe. When Posey stood up she realized the young girl was not responsive, dialed 911 and began CPR.

http://wkrg.com/2017/10/16/three-arr...-in-pensacola/
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Lots of conflicting info out there. This says Grace Smith is the child's mother and Veronica Posey is Grace Smith's niece. Grace Smith is 69 years old. How did she have a kid at 60? Is that a thing? Maybe the girl is adopted?

http://weartv.com/news/local/video-f...pears-in-court

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.0bf810cbb302

According to this, the cousin hit the girl with a couple of objects. Then when she ran and sat down in an armchair, the 325 pound woman sat on her for about 10 minutes. This is not the first time police had been to the house.
    Last edited by FlossyMay; 10-17-2017 at 10:15 AM.

The other couple are her 'parents?' How did that happen? RIP sweet child...
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    The other couple are her 'parents?' How did that happen? RIP sweet child...
    That's what I was wondering. Maybe they adopted her?

Quote Originally Posted by FlossyMay View Post
    That's what I was wondering. Maybe they adopted her?
    I don't see how , at their age, unless they were her grandparents. Otherwise age restrictions would have prevented an adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I don't see how , at their age, unless they were her grandparents. Otherwise age restrictions would have prevented an adoption.
    I don't know. My son's friend was adopted at the age of 8. He's 19 now and his adoptive parents are in their mid to late 70's. So they would have been in their 60s when he was adopted and they are not blood relatives. At least not afaik. Hmmm....I'll ask my son tonight.

I don't know. My son's friend was adopted at the age of 8. He's 19 now and his adoptive parents are in their mid to late 70's. So they would have been in their 60s when he was adopted and they are not blood relatives. At least not afaik. Hmmm....I'll ask my son tonight.
    That really surprises me. There are age restrictions as far as understood, unless it is a family adoption. I guess maybe there are exceptions.

If you are an older couple hoping to adopt, you may have noticed that many adoption agencies have age requirements for families who work with them. What if you are above the upper age limits? Does that mean you are too old to adopt a child?

Very few states have laws that state a maximum age for adoptive parents. When it comes to finding adoptive parents for a child, the thing that matters most is the ability to provide a loving, nurturing, and safe home. Read on to learn about age requirements at adoption agencies and find out your other options

So if you’ve ever wondered if there’s such a thing as being too old to adopt, you can set that worry aside – by finding the path that works for your family, you can make your adoption dream a reality.

https://www.americanadoptions.com/bl...-old-to-adopt/

I texted my son. He says he thinks his friends adoptive parents are in fact very distant relatives of his. So I was wrong about that. I guess they try whenever possible to keep children in their original families. Which is good...usually.

http://www.fox10tv.com/story/3660136...h-in-pensacola

Video at this link... http://wkrg.com/2017/10/15/three-arr...-in-pensacola/

Pictured above- Veronica Posey (child's grandmother), Grace Jones Smith and James Smith
    "Two" of these mugshots are women? Okey dokey. What a horrible way to die. That poor child!

What the H E double L is wrong with people?! I am so sick of this kind of crap! Freakin monster morons.
    Letters from Prison

https://lettersfromprisonsite.wordpress.com

This site is in remembrance of a dear friend that was incarcerated at the age of 16. Serving three consecutive life sentences with no chance of parole led him to suicide at the age of 25. These are excerpts from his letters during the last four years of his life, the end of 2012 to the beginning of 2017. Four days before his suicide, I received these chilling last words. "I will try to get a medication change soon. I do not think my current meds are working. At least that seems to be the case."

So sorry little one. You're an angel now!

ETA Whenever I see a case where ' discipline' went too far and the child was really acting out, I think heck yes, they were. They had to be. If this is what the family acts like then I'm sure every day was a torture and the child has no CHOICE but to act out. Or what they call acting out would probably be what other families may consider' living'. A child is making too much noise having fun, playing around , being childlike and doing normal kid things but the parents want a statue or a maid. I'm speculating but I'm sure it's not too far from the truth.
    Last edited by SCHMAE; 10-18-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast