GUILTY FL - Dericka Lindsay, 9, suffocated, Pensacola, 14 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

FlossyMay

Reaction score
http://www.fox10tv.com/story/36601366/three-arrested-in-connection-to-childs-death-in-pensacola

The child was taken to a hospital and later died.
Veronica Posey, 64, is charged with homicide and cruelty towards a child. Grace Jones Smith, 69, is charged with child neglect and cruelty towards a child. James Smith, 62, was charged with child neglect.

Video at this link... http://wkrg.com/2017/10/15/three-arrested-in-connection-to-child-death-in-pensacola/

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Pictured above- Veronica Posey (child's grandmother), Grace Jones Smith and James Smith

Attachments

• 1asocial.jpg
    1asocial.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 406
  • 1asocial.jpg
    1asocial.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 401
  • 1asocial.jpg
    1asocial.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 393
Sorry guys...IDK where I got Pasadena...It's Pensacola, Fl. I need more coffee... :cup:

UPDATE: New Information Released in Pensacola Child Death

UPDATE Monday October 16, 2017 11:00 a.m.

News 5 has learned the child who died in Pensacola on Saturday was 9-year old Dericka Lindsay.

According to an Escambia County Sheriff’s Office arrest report, Veronica Posey was disciplining Dericka, who Posey said was “out of control”.

Initial reports said Posey was the grandmother, but the arrest report reveals she is a cousin.

The report continues that during the course of the discipline, Posey sat on Dericka’s chest.

According to the report, Posey stated she heard Dericka say she could not breathe. When Posey stood up she realized the young girl was not responsive, dialed 911 and began CPR.

http://wkrg.com/2017/10/16/three-arrested-in-connection-to-child-death-in-pensacola/

The other couple are her 'parents?' How did that happen? RIP sweet child...:rose:

That's what I was wondering. Maybe they adopted her?

I don't see how , at their age, unless they were her grandparents. Otherwise age restrictions would have prevented an adoption.

I don't see how , at their age, unless they were her grandparents. Otherwise age restrictions would have prevented an adoption.
I don't know. My son's friend was adopted at the age of 8. He's 19 now and his adoptive parents are in their mid to late 70's. So they would have been in their 60s when he was adopted and they are not blood relatives. At least not afaik. Hmmm....I'll ask my son tonight.

I don't know. My son's friend was adopted at the age of 8. He's 19 now and his adoptive parents are in their mid to late 70's. So they would have been in their 60s when he was adopted and they are not blood relatives. At least not afaik. Hmmm....I'll ask my son tonight.

That really surprises me. There are age restrictions as far as understood, unless it is a family adoption. I guess maybe there are exceptions.

If you are an older couple hoping to adopt, you may have noticed that many adoption agencies have age requirements for families who work with them. What if you are above the upper age limits? Does that mean you are too old to adopt a child?

Very few states have laws that state a maximum age for adoptive parents. When it comes to finding adoptive parents for a child, the thing that matters most is the ability to provide a loving, nurturing, and safe home. Read on to learn about age requirements at adoption agencies and find out your other options

So if you’ve ever wondered if there’s such a thing as being too old to adopt, you can set that worry aside – by finding the path that works for your family, you can make your adoption dream a reality.

https://www.americanadoptions.com/blog/am-i-too-old-to-adopt/

I texted my son. He says he thinks his friends adoptive parents are in fact very distant relatives of his. So I was wrong about that. I guess they try whenever possible to keep children in their original families. Which is good...usually.

What the H E double L is wrong with people?! I am so sick of this kind of crap! Freakin monster morons.

So sorry little one. You're an angel now!

ETA Whenever I see a case where ' discipline' went too far and the child was really acting out, I think heck yes, they were. They had to be. If this is what the family acts like then I'm sure every day was a torture and the child has no CHOICE but to act out. Or what they call acting out would probably be what other families may consider' living'. A child is making too much noise having fun, playing around , being childlike and doing normal kid things but the parents want a statue or a maid. I'm speculating but I'm sure it's not too far from the truth.

I am still curious why a couple in their 60's was able to adopt a little girl. Did they have a family connection already?

Do we even know for sure she was adopted? I just googled and apparently it's not unheard of for women around 60 to give birth.

I googled, and it seems like a 60 yr old needs to get help from the fertility clinic to be impregnated. I think it is rare to naturally become pregnant at 60. This woman does not look like a 'physically young' 60 either, imo.

I don't think she gave birth to that poor child but I could be wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back