The Proverbial Drop In The Bucket

Buzz Mills

Reaction score
Website
forumsforjustice.com
and the Bucket Has A Hole In It

Millionaire Leaves Entire Estate To Pay National Debt

FINDLAY, Ohio -- A woman who died Nov. 9 at age 98 has bequeathed her $1.1 million estate to the federal government and requested that it be used to help pay down the $8.1 trillion national debt.

Attorney Tom Drake, the executor of Margaret Elizabeth Taylor's estate, said his client made it "very clear" what her fortune was to be used for. Her will was filed recently in Hancock County Probate Court.

Taylor, of Findlay, was a staunch Democrat who believed the national debt should be paid off and she wanted to do her part, Drake said.

Buzzm1 said:

FINDLAY, Ohio -- A woman who died Nov. 9 at age 98 has bequeathed her $1.1 million estate to the federal government and requested that it be used to help pay down the $8.1 trillion national debt.

Attorney Tom Drake, the executor of Margaret Elizabeth Taylor's estate, said his client made it "very clear" what her fortune was to be used for. Her will was filed recently in Hancock County Probate Court.

Taylor, of Findlay, was a staunch Democrat who believed the national debt should be paid off and she wanted to do her part, Drake said.
dang--- wish she would have called me--- I've got a bucket!

This made me think of a dear old great aunt of mine who died some years ago at the age of 87. She had lived a very frugal life, and we were quite shocked to learn that her estate consisted of around $22,000 cash plus her home.

We were even more shocked to learn that the priest who had conducted her funeral and referred to her as "Barbara" three times during the service (her name was Ruth) was left $10,000 personally and the church another $10,000 in her will!

"What a waste" was the feeling. The stupid priest couldn't even get her name right!

Buzzm1 said:

Since she was able to live to age 98, I'll bet she enjoyed alot of public services like Social Security payments for a long time and also Medicare. I think it's very sweet that she left her money to her country, if it goes to paying off the debt. I bet her heirs are pissed! (if she has any)

Well, now congress will be getting raises with her "contribution". ;)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back