Thread: Media Tried, Justice Denied

Hybrid View

Media Tried, Justice Denied

Hi everyone.

I know that there are quite a few posters in the Darlie forum who would like to get a chance to read/look at Media Tried, Justice Denied, but who haven't wanted to cough up 80-115 dollars for the privilege. I don't think that anyone should have to pay extortioner's prices for a look at that book.

So, I checked with Jeana and told her that I'm "donating" my copy of MTJD to the Darlie forum as a loaner copy. Anyone who wants to read it just needs to PM me with your address, and I'll mail it to you.

Keep in mind that it's a paperback, and not a very good binding at that. So, the book won't hold up to a great deal of heavy use, but if we're all careful, it should last a good while.

The checkout period will be four weeks and the waiting list will be first come, first served. The book is already checked out by one of our posters. Who'd like it next?

Jim
    James H. Pence
    author of
    Blind Sight and The Angel

OMGosh.......Jim, I just noticed that Mama Darlie signed your book! LOL Did you see her, or was it already like that when you bought it. Details, details...I want to be nosey and know!

I would love to see this book and would pay postage if you are willing to loan it to me!

Sorry, no exciting details about the autograph. It came that way. However, the story of how I got the book for the "low" price of $26.00 is interesting.

I don't know if she's still doing it, but Mama Darlie regularly sold copies of MTJD on Ebay in the past. The book had a minimum price of $26.00. I bid the minimum and waited. No one else bid until late in the game, then someone else outbid me. I'd decided in advance that I wasn't paying a penny more than 26 for this book, so when I was outbid, I let it go.

Lo and behold, a day later I got an email telling me I could still get the book at 26 dollars. I went ahead and purchased it then. I don't have any proof, but I've always wondered if the higher bid wasn't a "plant" to see if I'd pay more for the book. The other bidder could have bailed out, but it always seemed odd to me.

If they were fishing, I wasn't biting. Again, no proof. Just wondering.

Anyway, that's the story on the book.

Jim
    James H. Pence
    author of
    Blind Sight and The Angel

She likely emailed all non winning bidders and offered them copies at her list price. Its against ebay rules but she could sell more books with out paying the ebay list and final fees that way.
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

Dang, mine is just signed by CWB.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPence
    Sorry, no exciting details about the autograph. It came that way. However, the story of how I got the book for the "low" price of $26.00 is interesting.

I don't know if she's still doing it, but Mama Darlie regularly sold copies of MTJD on Ebay in the past. The book had a minimum price of $26.00. I bid the minimum and waited. No one else bid until late in the game, then someone else outbid me. I'd decided in advance that I wasn't paying a penny more than 26 for this book, so when I was outbid, I let it go.

Lo and behold, a day later I got an email telling me I could still get the book at 26 dollars. I went ahead and purchased it then. I don't have any proof, but I've always wondered if the higher bid wasn't a "plant" to see if I'd pay more for the book. The other bidder could have bailed out, but it always seemed odd to me.

If they were fishing, I wasn't biting. Again, no proof. Just wondering.

Anyway, that's the story on the book.

Jim
    She was also selling the book to anyone who would email and order it, several years ago. She agreed to sell it to me in Canada for $25.00US. I didn't want to help pay for Darlie's defense though so I chose not to order the book from her.

Quote Originally Posted by cami
    She was also selling the book to anyone who would email and order it, several years ago. She agreed to sell it to me in Canada for $25.00US. I didn't want to help pay for Darlie's defense though so I chose not to order the book from her.
    Wow! That is feeling strongly about the outcome of this case. But seeings how CWB is so close to the Routiers (wonder if he is still with them), I am sure some of each book, no matter who you buy it from, goes to her defense fund. Rumor has it Darlie Kee and Darin sold their story rights to him. I don't know if that is true,but wouldn't surprise me. I wonder if he gave them actual money or just made a deal on royalties. It is just another one of the little spinoff odditites in this case.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by cami
    You didn't miss much. Now I know why Jim said he would be embarrassed about trying to unload the book on others for the price he paid for it. Jim, I think she got the ones that were messed up, pages upside down, the rejects, for free. Then she tried to sell them on e-bay for full price. If the publisher put them in the bin to be destroyed and she dug them out, that is against the law. Most of the time when a book is a mistake, that is what the publisher does. I am sending it back to you Wednesday when I go into town. Thank you soooo much for letting me read it. It proves even more, what I believed in the first place. Darlie is guilty as sin, and so is Darin.