Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    You didn't miss much. Now I know why Jim said he would be embarrassed about trying to unload the book on others for the price he paid for it.
    It's a mess, isn't it?

Jim, I think she got the ones that were messed up, pages upside down, the rejects, for free. Then she tried to sell them on e-bay for full price.
    Hmmm. I hadn't thought of that, but I bet you're right.

If the publisher put them in the bin to be destroyed and she dug them out, that is against the law. Most of the time when a book is a mistake, that is what the publisher does.
    That book has all the earmarks of a very cheaply produced POD (Print on Demand) book. And although I can't remember the name of the "publisher", I know it wasn't any house I'm familiar with. I think it was self published (not by the Routiers, certainly, but by Chris Brown).

Speaking of books, I know this is off-topic, but I'm just bustin' out with pride. I got the galley proofs for my new book today (which is not self published). And they look mahvelous!!!!

It hits the bookstores on April 30th. Be sure and buy 20 or 30 copies for all your friends.

Blessings,
    Jim
    James H. Pence
    author of
    Blind Sight and The Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Mama-cita
    Jim when you get your copy back could I borrow it?
    Sure. Just PM me your snail mail address.
    Jim
    James H. Pence
    author of

Quote Originally Posted by JimPence
    It's a mess, isn't it?

Hmmm. I hadn't thought of that, but I bet you're right.

That book has all the earmarks of a very cheaply produced POD (Print on Demand) book. And although I can't remember the name of the "publisher", I know it wasn't any house I'm familiar with. I think it was self published (not by the Routiers, certainly, but by Chris Brown).

Speaking of books, I know this is off-topic, but I'm just bustin' out with pride. I got the galley proofs for my new book today (which is not self published). And they look mahvelous!!!!

It hits the bookstores on April 30th. Be sure and buy 20 or 30 copies for all your friends.

Blessings,
    Jim
    Will you sign it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    Will you sign it for me?
    Absolutely! Then, if you hold on to it for, say, 100 years or so, it might become a valuable collectible.

Jim
    James H. Pence
    author of

Absolutely! Then, if you hold on to it for, say, 100 years or so, it might become a valuable collectible.

Jim
    Ah, but will you remember us the day you move in next door to Stephen King or John Grisham????

I am going to order your book from Amazon as soon as it comes out. I was going to do it incognito but now that Pam has asked for an autograph, I will, too. I've got to leave my kids something of value.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    Ah, but will you remember us the day you move in next door to Stephen King or John Grisham????

That's the ultimate writer's dream! Unfortunately, as one writer (it even may have been King) said, it's the literary equivalent of winning the lottery.

And, who knows, if that happens, maybe we can have a big WS reunion on my estate, schmoozing with Steve and John.

I am going to order your book from Amazon as soon as it comes out. I was going to do it incognito but now that Pam has asked for an autograph, I will, too. I've got to leave my kids something of value.
    I'm honored. On the value thing, seeing as I can now buy my first novel (yes it still is available on Amazon) for next to nothing....Well let's just say that it's not going for as high a price as MTJD.

Incidentally, my first novel is titled "Blind Sight", and you can find it under my "author" name, James H. Pence. And, yes, I'll autograph that one, too.

All for now, I'm correcting galley proofs tonight.
    James H. Pence
    author of

That's the ultimate writer's dream! Unfortunately, as one writer (it even may have been King) said, it's the literary equivalent of winning the lottery.

And, who knows, if that happens, maybe we can have a big WS reunion on my estate, schmoozing with Steve and John.
    [/b][/color]
    We will hold you to it!!

[b][color=#556b2f]
    I'm honored. On the value thing, seeing as I can now buy my first novel (yes it still is available on Amazon) for next to nothing....Well let's just say that it's not going for as high a price as MTJD.

Incidentally, my first novel is titled "Blind Sight", and you can find it under my "author" name, James H. Pence. And, yes, I'll autograph that one, too.

All for now, I'm correcting galley proofs tonight.
    Fiction is really hard to sell I hear. You are either very lucky or very talented to have broken thru the armed guards on the incoming manuscript desk. LOL!

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Fiction is really hard to sell I hear. You are either very lucky or very talented to have broken thru the armed guards on the incoming manuscript desk. LOL!
    I think it was the Uzi that did it.
    James H. Pence
    author of

I think it was the Uzi that did it.
    hahahahahahahahahah!

Well, I have your first book in my shopping cart at Amazon. You got some good reader reviews. When did you say this current book is coming out?

MTJD is a self-published book so I don't think there is much chance CWB would go after DK for selling the bad copies. They are probably so deluded that they think the demand is so high that people will pay anything to get them, good copies or not. What people want though is only the photos. I bet most of the people who buy it think she is guilty and get it just to study the evidence. And I wonder how many thought they would prove to themselves she was innocent only to be let down after studying the evidence.
    MTJD is published by McIntosh Press International. Is that Chris' company?
    Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Well, I have your first book in my shopping cart at Amazon.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

You got some good reader reviews.

I've had many people tell me that once they started reading "Blind Sight", they couldn't put it down. So, I've gotten into the habit of telling people, "Don't start reading it if you've got anything important to do." (Now, hopefully, it will live up to that hype as you read it!)

When did you say this current book is coming out?
    "The Angel" releases nationwide on April 30. It should be available in both Christian and mainstream bookstores. However, in mainstream stores such as B&N, it will be classified as Christian or religious fiction and will be relegated back to the "Inspirational" dungeon where not many people will see it unless they're specifically looking for it. Sigh.
    James H. Pence
    author of

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

I've had many people tell me that once they started reading "Blind Sight", they couldn't put it down. So, I've gotten into the habit of telling people, "Don't start reading it if you've got anything important to do." (Now, hopefully, it will live up to that hype as you read it!)

"The Angel" releases nationwide on April 30. It should be available in both Christian and mainstream bookstores. However, in mainstream stores such as B&N, it will be classified as Christian or religious fiction and will be relegated back to the "Inspirational" dungeon where not many people will see it unless they're specifically looking for it. Sigh.
    Well, we know about it. You should have a website promoting yourself and the books, too. Esp now that you have two under your belt. If you do have one, let us know where to find you.

Well, we know about it. You should have a website promoting yourself and the books, too. Esp now that you have two under your belt. If you do have one, let us know where to find you.
    I have a site, but it's little more than a skeleton at the moment, and not much content. I've been redesigning it to focus on my new book, and have completed the structure. But I still need to give it some substance.

However, at least you can see the cover for the new book, if nothing else.

The address is: www.jameshpence.com
    James H. Pence
    author of

I have a site, but it's little more than a skeleton at the moment, and not much content. I've been redesigning it to focus on my new book, and have completed the structure. But I still need to give it some substance.

However, at least you can see the cover for the new book, if nothing else.

The address is: www.jameshpence.com
    Put you in my favorites.

Put you in my favorites.
    Thank you!
    James H. Pence
    author of

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast