1234 users online (261 members and 973 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NC - Twins Samantha & Tessara Crespi, 5, stabbed to death, Charlotte, 20 Jan 2006

http://www.wbtv.com/news/news_detail..._id=1774&hdr=1

The residents in one southeast Charlotte neighborhood are shocked about the news concerning twins who were stabbed to death.

Police officers discovered the 5-year-old girls inside their Creek Pointe Drive home in the Deerfield neighborhood on Friday afternoon.
    The child's father, David Lauren Crespi, was home and police took him into custody.

Crespi was employed in Charlotte as an executive with Wachovia.

Apparently this happened in a very upper class neighborhood. They stated on the news that the father had been dealing with stress at work and is coping with cancer. Even so, how could you possibly stab your beautiful daughters?? This is becoming so prevalent and just goes to show that no matter what social class you are from, you are never protected from such atrocities! Bless this poor mothers heart. Allegedly they also had 3 other children that were not at home at the time.

Our culture has got to start cherishing our children!
    Last edited by spclk; 01-20-2006 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Misspelled word

good Lord , whats wrong with people.....

I think some of it is the thought process that children are possessions. Other than that I am as horrified as the rest of you. Even if they think a child is a possession, which is not the case, a child is a gift, something is really wrong.

http://www.news14charlotte.com/conte...111561&SecID=2

This link has a video. You're right, spclk, it is a very upper class neighborhood. The video shows the house.
    You put the light in me...

The article says he threathened to kill himself. Wish he would have. It would have saved the state a lot of time and money. Not to even think about what kind of attorney bills his wife is going to be left paying. She still has three kids to take care of. Don't yall think it is funny that most psychos always say...I was going to kill myself.... Makes me want to say....."Hang on for a second good buddy and let me go and get my gun for you."

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws
    The article says he threathened to kill himself. Wish he would have. It would have saved the state a lot of time and money. Not to even think about what kind of attorney bills his wife is going to be left paying. She still has three kids to take care of. Don't yall think it is funny that most psychos always say...I was going to kill myself.... Makes me want to say....."Hang on for a second good buddy and let me go and get my gun for you."
    everyone wants to kill themselves but yet why are the children always the ones that end up dead??

Something is very wrong when parents think it's fine to kill their own flesh and blood. VERY WRONG!!!!!!!!!

...why on earth is anyone surprised that...

...this horrific crime took place in "an upper-class neighborhood"??

Does anyone actually still believe that such neighborhoods are exempt from crime?

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by cappuccina
    ...this horrific crime took place in "an upper-class neighborhood"??

Does anyone actually still believe that such neighborhoods are exempt from crime?
    I think generally we as humans like to believe only a "crazy" person would kill their kids because who in their "right" mind would do such a thing!?!
    And sadly, often times, with mental illness comes poverty.

I suppose society thinks of robbery or burglery or car theft, etc. going on in these "upper-class" places but the killing of ones own child must take place in a slum somewhere.

Hope this helps in answering your question..

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Is this the same guy?

http://www.csus.edu/pubaf/journal/fa...snotes/fam.htm

Lauren Crespi, '53, B.A., Business Administration, '86, M.S., Civil Engineering, was in the first class to graduate from the J Street campus. Following him to Sac State were his two sons and daughters- in-law. David, '83, B.A., Accountancy, is the director of internal audit for Wachovia Foundation in Charlotte, and Kim (Vande Brake) Crespi, '83, B.A., Business Administration, is also a CPA. They live in North Carolina with their five children. John, '87, B.A., English, '89, B.A., Economics, and wife Tracy (Turner) Crespi, '90, B.A., Economics, both have doctorates in economics and teach at Kansas State.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    Is this the same guy?

http://www.csus.edu/pubaf/journal/fa...snotes/fam.htm

Lauren Crespi, '53, B.A., Business Administration, '86, M.S., Civil Engineering, was in the first class to graduate from the J Street campus. Following him to Sac State were his two sons and daughters- in-law. David, '83, B.A., Accountancy, is the director of internal audit for Wachovia Foundation in Charlotte, and Kim (Vande Brake) Crespi, '83, B.A., Business Administration, is also a CPA. They live in North Carolina with their five children. John, '87, B.A., English, '89, B.A., Economics, and wife Tracy (Turner) Crespi, '90, B.A., Economics, both have doctorates in economics and teach at Kansas State.
    I bet it is! Good find!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedGirl
    I bet it is! Good find!!
    Thanks. The family was well educated at any rate.

"Sources also said the mother is taking the twins' deaths very hard; they were her only children. The other children in the home are David Crespi's from a previous marriage."
    http://www.news14charlotte.com/cont...=111561&SecID=2

I wonder if he regretted having had more children and just snapped. These precious twins were the only children w/ his present wife. Maybe this was some demented way to get back at her for something. What a shame!

From kahskye's link:

Crespi is a senior vice president in Wachovia's audit division. His wife is also a certified public accountant.

I guess that is him in the link I provided above.

It's such a cowardly thing to do. Stressed parent murders children, then says he wants to kill himself. Yet here he is, alive and healthy, and those poor kids never even had a chance to make it to first grade.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast