GUILTY NC - Twins Samantha & Tessara Crespi, 5, stabbed to death, Charlotte, 20 Jan 2006

spclk

Reaction score
http://www.wbtv.com/news/news_detail.cfm?ns_id=1774&hdr=1

The residents in one southeast Charlotte neighborhood are shocked about the news concerning twins who were stabbed to death.

Police officers discovered the 5-year-old girls inside their Creek Pointe Drive home in the Deerfield neighborhood on Friday afternoon.
The child's father, David Lauren Crespi, was home and police took him into custody.

Crespi was employed in Charlotte as an executive with Wachovia.

Apparently this happened in a very upper class neighborhood. They stated on the news that the father had been dealing with stress at work and is coping with cancer. Even so, how could you possibly stab your beautiful daughters?? This is becoming so prevalent and just goes to show that no matter what social class you are from, you are never protected from such atrocities! Bless this poor mothers heart. Allegedly they also had 3 other children that were not at home at the time.

Our culture has got to start cherishing our children!

good Lord , whats wrong with people.....

I think some of it is the thought process that children are possessions. Other than that I am as horrified as the rest of you. Even if they think a child is a possession, which is not the case, a child is a gift, something is really wrong.

The article says he threathened to kill himself. Wish he would have. It would have saved the state a lot of time and money. Not to even think about what kind of attorney bills his wife is going to be left paying. She still has three kids to take care of. Don't yall think it is funny that most psychos always say...I was going to kill myself.... Makes me want to say....."Hang on for a second good buddy and let me go and get my gun for you.":banghead:

deandaniellws said:
The article says he threathened to kill himself. Wish he would have. It would have saved the state a lot of time and money. Not to even think about what kind of attorney bills his wife is going to be left paying. She still has three kids to take care of. Don't yall think it is funny that most psychos always say...I was going to kill myself.... Makes me want to say....."Hang on for a second good buddy and let me go and get my gun for you.":banghead:
everyone wants to kill themselves but yet why are the children always the ones that end up dead??

Something is very wrong when parents think it's fine to kill their own flesh and blood. VERY WRONG!!!!!!!!! :furious:

...this horrific crime took place in "an upper-class neighborhood"??

Does anyone actually still believe that such neighborhoods are exempt from crime?

cappuccina said:
...this horrific crime took place in "an upper-class neighborhood"??

Does anyone actually still believe that such neighborhoods are exempt from crime?

I think generally we as humans like to believe only a "crazy" person would kill their kids because who in their "right" mind would do such a thing!?!
And sadly, often times, with mental illness comes poverty.

I suppose society thinks of robbery or burglery or car theft, etc. going on in these "upper-class" places but the killing of ones own child must take place in a slum somewhere.

Hope this helps in answering your question..

Is this the same guy?

http://www.csus.edu/pubaf/journal/fall2005/classnotes/fam.htm

Lauren Crespi, '53, B.A., Business Administration, '86, M.S., Civil Engineering, was in the first class to graduate from the J Street campus. Following him to Sac State were his two sons and daughters- in-law. David, '83, B.A., Accountancy, is the director of internal audit for Wachovia Foundation in Charlotte, and Kim (Vande Brake) Crespi, '83, B.A., Business Administration, is also a CPA. They live in North Carolina with their five children. John, '87, B.A., English, '89, B.A., Economics, and wife Tracy (Turner) Crespi, '90, B.A., Economics, both have doctorates in economics and teach at Kansas State.

SewingDeb said:
Is this the same guy?

http://www.csus.edu/pubaf/journal/fall2005/classnotes/fam.htm

Lauren Crespi, '53, B.A., Business Administration, '86, M.S., Civil Engineering, was in the first class to graduate from the J Street campus. Following him to Sac State were his two sons and daughters- in-law. David, '83, B.A., Accountancy, is the director of internal audit for Wachovia Foundation in Charlotte, and Kim (Vande Brake) Crespi, '83, B.A., Business Administration, is also a CPA. They live in North Carolina with their five children. John, '87, B.A., English, '89, B.A., Economics, and wife Tracy (Turner) Crespi, '90, B.A., Economics, both have doctorates in economics and teach at Kansas State.
I bet it is! Good find!!

GreenEyedGirl said:
I bet it is! Good find!!

Thanks. The family was well educated at any rate.

"Sources also said the mother is taking the twins' deaths very hard; they were her only children. The other children in the home are David Crespi's from a previous marriage."
http://www.news14charlotte.com/cont...=111561&SecID=2

I wonder if he regretted having had more children and just snapped. These precious twins were the only children w/ his present wife. Maybe this was some demented way to get back at her for something. What a shame!

From kahskye's link:

Crespi is a senior vice president in Wachovia's audit division. His wife is also a certified public accountant.

I guess that is him in the link I provided above.

It's such a cowardly thing to do. Stressed parent murders children, then says he wants to kill himself. Yet here he is, alive and healthy, and those poor kids never even had a chance to make it to first grade.

Twins fatally stabbed; father charged

The N.C. family formerly had lived in Sacramento.

A former Sacramento bank executive was charged Friday with two counts of first-degree murder in the fatal stabbing of his twin 5-year-old daughters in his home near Charlotte, N.C., police said.

David Lauren Crespi, 45, a vice president at Wachovia Bank, formerly lived in the Pocket area and worked at Sacramento Savings Bank and the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency before moving to the Charlotte area in 2000.

http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/14098559p-14928394c.html

Yes, i live in Charlotte about two blocks from the Crespi;s IT is such a severe tragedy I can hardly keep my mind from it. Today was the funeral at the local Catholic Church. The Mother spoke and said they were sacrificial lambs raised up to heaven..they came into the world in one womb and they are being laid to rest in one small white casket. There was five children all together, two of them the 17 yr old girl and 14 year old boy had been adopted by Kim Crespi when she married David...They also have a 9 year old boy. My daughter worked at the mall with a girl who worked with David in the office next to him at Wachovia Bank..she said...never never would she ever have believed him to be the same person. He told her he was taking Friday off for a Doctors appt. What in Gods name would cause someone to kill there own child..I cannot fathom it...no where in my psyche could I possibley understand nor forgive.....Now they have not only lost there sisters they have lost their father....what a severe tragedy,,,,

Local news is reporting that this may have been premeditated. Apparently the mother left the house around 12:15 for a hair appointment. One daughter was found stabbed in the kitchen and one in an upstairs bedroom. The murders were committed just after 12:30 with the 911 call coming in around 12:45. Therefore, they believe according to 2 sources close to police that it may have been premeditated.

Why, why, why? So very sad!

So i saw the same news..does this mean he was going to kill more of them or what? He didnt wait even 15 minutes to kill the first little girl....I dont think the mom would have left to get her hair done if she felt like he was overwhelmed or depressed..she seemed way to with it for that...I still get so sick of all of this,..Kill your selves first parents...then move on,.... There is nothing that a child could do to warrant this....

Another new story... the mom called the Charlotte Observer to talk about her daughters:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/columnists/tommy_tomlinson/13723333.htm

Twins' mom: 'He loved them, they loved him'

TOMMY TOMLINSON

Kim Crespi called Thursday morning.

She wanted to talk.

She spoke from California, where she was making arrangements to bury her twins today.

Tessara and Samantha, 5 years old, were stabbed to death last Friday at their home in southeast Mecklenburg. David Crespi -- Kim's husband, the girls' father -- is charged with murder.

Kim Crespi said she doesn't know why her husband would have killed the girls, or what could have triggered the attack.

But she said she believes, based on what police told her after interviewing her husband, that he was prepared to kill her and the family's other three children:

"He said his darkness was for all of us."

On Tuesday, Kim Crespi spoke at the girls' funeral in Charlotte. She plans to do the same today in Sacramento, where the family used to live.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back