Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

Sherin Mathews, age 3 was reported missing on October 7, 2017 sometime after 8 am.

Sherin is 3 feet tall and weighs 22 pounds with brown eyes and black hair.
Last seen around 3am in the 900 block of Sunningdale in Richardson Texas, around 3 a.m. Last seen wearing a pink top and black pajama bottoms.

Her father told police he last saw her at around 3 am when he instructed her to stand by a tree about a 100 feet from her residence/property across an alley way as punishment for not drinking her milk. He claims when he went to fetch her back in around 15 minutes later she was nowhere to be found. He told them he decided to do some laundry and wait until daylight to look for her further.

Her parents report she has developmental delays, low weight/eating issues, and limited verbal skills. Sherin's 4 year old sibling has been removed from the home and her father has been charged with child abandonment and child endangerment based on the information he provided. The residence was recently searched with boxed items removed by LE.

Some links with decent synopsis/information

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mis...ear-old-richardson-girl-believed-grave-danger

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-at-3-a-m-as-punishment-then-she-disappeared/

Previous Thread (#2)

RECENT UPDATES:

The search for 3-year-old Sherin Mathews continued Tuesday with police concentrating their efforts in a field near Richland College.

ADMIN NOTE - WHERE DO THINGS STAND?

Mom has not been named suspect or POI by LE nor has she been charged with any crime. Parents have retained counsel and parents are said to be no longer speaking with police:
Sherin’s parents are no longer speaking with police and have retained attorneys, Perlich said. Sherin’s mother was asleep when Mathews told Sherin to go stand outside and wasn’t aware that he’d given her daughter those instructions, Perlich said. [Sgt. Kevin Perlich, a spokesman for the Richardson Police Department.]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-then-she-disappeared/?utm_term=.f421b032c631

You MAY discuss anything in MSM about mother, her public statements or public statements made on her behalf.

You MAY NOT sleuth her, accuse her of harming her child(ren), covering for someone else, etc.

You WILL treat her as a victim as required by TOS.

You may NOT make this discussion about religion or patriarchal cultures. Period.

If you chose to post in a manner outside the rules you face losing posting privileges.

Search for missing Texas toddler narrows
Oct 18, 2017

On Tuesday, officers fanned out in wooded areas, along creeks and in fields including one near Richland College, assisted by police K-9s and a law enforcement drone task force.

The field near the college is less than 2 miles from the girl’s home.

Cadaver dogs were also seen at the scene, KXAS-TV reported.

“Detectives will evaluate the results of today's efforts while the investigation continues,” Richardson police said in a Facebook post.

I don't think it's a car seat or even a backless booster. In the one photo provided here you can see that the officer's hand has pushed in the bag and it's contents. I would think the items would need to be more pliable than a car seat which is why I was leaning towards the items being softer and lightweight.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dna-...chardson-missing-girl-investigation/484289189
"Detectives in Richardson have filed at least 30 search warrants related to the investigation of missing three-year old girl Sherin Mathews. Search warrants obtained by WFAA reveal FBI detectives seized a variety of electronics, including five cellphones, three laptops, a tablet and a digital camera from the family home.
In total, FBI agents seized 47 items from the home, including trash bags, a pink blanket and pink T-shirt."

Are both of these parents from India? If so, did they grow up in the US so language is not a problem?

They are from both from the Kerala state of India. Malayalam is the most widely spoken language in the region but honestly, every Indian person I’ve known who now live in the US grew up speaking English alongside whatever other regional language they spoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's a car seat or even a backless booster. In the one photo provided here you can see that the officer's hand has pushed in the bag and it's contents. I would think the items would need to be more pliable than a car seat which is why I was leaning towards the items being softer and lightweight.

Yep, I’ve had kids in car seats for the last 18 years and IMO, it was not a booster. I’m wondering if it is the laundry he washed at 3am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dna-...chardson-missing-girl-investigation/484289189
"Detectives in Richardson have filed at least 30 search warrants related to the investigation of missing three-year old girl Sherin Mathews. Search warrants obtained by WFAA reveal FBI detectives seized a variety of electronics, including five cellphones, three laptops, a tablet and a digital camera from the family home.
In total, FBI agents seized 47 items from the home, including trash bags, a pink blanket and pink T-shirt."

I'm searching for these search warrant affidavits with no luck, but I did come across this Dallas County document for WM's EMD. Interesting stuff!

• Work release
  • No alcohol or drugs
  • No deadly weapon possession
  • No contact with victim or victim family
  • No contact with any minor child
  • Remain in Dallas Co. (Richardson)
  • Surrender passport
attachment.php

Attachments

• 10-13-2017_-_Electronic_Leg_Monior_-_DC_Crim_-_F1745835.jpg
    10-13-2017_-_Electronic_Leg_Monior_-_DC_Crim_-_F1745835.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,568
Still catching up, but is there a map with the search areas on it yet? I can get one started if not.

I wonder if that was the pink shirt she was supposedly wearing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm searching for these search warrant affidavits with no luck, but I did come across this Dallas County document for WM's EMD. Interesting stuff!

• Work release
  • No alcohol or drugs
  • No deadly weapon possession
  • No contact with victim or victim family
  • No contact with any minor child
  • Remain in Dallas Co. (Richardson)
  • Surrender passport
attachment.php

The work school release sort of shocks me, not because he doesn't work, but because generally speaking they want to give you full house arrest, and this was likely a condition his lawyer had to fight/ask for, and IMO the last thing a parent of a missing child is thinking about is "can i go to work?" That sort of thing tends to be ammended (here at least) later on. I am now wondering if he is actually sitting at work right now like nothing is wrong minus that pesky ankle monitor :( GRRR

detectives say the focus of their investigation remains the whereabouts of the Acura SUV. http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dna-swabs-usb-drive-seized-from-suv-in-richardson-missing-girl-investigation/484289189
I know this is just a snip of what they said, but I can't help but think shouldn't the focus be finding Sherin and if the SUV does that then great? I have to keep reminding myself it's just the wording and that they seem to KNOW the vehicle will explain it all.

I have been trying to figure out what could possibly be in that bag since I watched it live yesterday. At first I thought the blue item was a "puffer" jacket but I doubt those are even sold in Texas. Then I thought perhaps an empty, flattened gym bag / duffle because it looked like perhaps there was a white zipper in one of the photos but after looking at a 2nd photo, it seemed to be a reflection from the sun on the clear bag. Then I thought maybe a sleeping bag or perhaps the cover/storage bag to a sleeping bag? In the 2nd photo it looks like it might have a circular orange tag or logo on it, and storage bags are often cylindrical.
(I just tried to add comparison photos but I can't seem to figure it out. I'm on my cell using chrome and clicked to request desktop site and when I click to add a photo it will let me choose one from my gallery but then nothing seems to happen after I click on it)

The work school release sort of shocks me, not because he doesn't work, but because generally speaking they want to give you full house arrest, and this was likely a condition his lawyer had to fight/ask for, and IMO the last thing a parent of a missing child is thinking about is "can i go to work?" That sort of thing tends to be ammended (here at least) later on. I am now wondering if he is actually sitting at work right now like nothing is wrong minus that pesky ankle monitor :( GRRR

I know the laws are different everywhere, but when my ex got bail for DV (among other heinous things) his form was similar except it didn't say no drinking or not drugs, those weren't checked because they had nothing to do with the crimes. Is it standard procedure in Texas to have those boxes checked off? I am quite genuine in this question because with my experience as a victim and seeing this I am immediately believing that a substance was found in the dad at the time of his arrest (or in the house or on his person). So I would love to know if someone knows what is standard there? I believe we have a Verified Attorney here who may be able to answer this for those of us who are from different places? Thank you!!!

Going over something that was asked in the previous thread about who is at the home.

I'm sure I saw on Maria's FB that she said Wesley is no longer at the house and the man who answered the door to the FBI & Kent Starr etc was Sini's father.
She's also stated that the man in her latest FB video is Sini's father. (The video from when the car was being parked and all they told Maria was "no comment." I assume Sini was driving the car. Maria said it was a woman but could not get a good look.

It can't be a car seat or anything with weight as the LE was carrying it so easy looking. Could be clothes, diapers, rags, etc.

In my court docs search, I also came across a civil motor vehicle accident case against WM set to go to jury trial in Feb 2018. Plantiff says that WM in his maroon Acura MDX, rear ended her vehicle, causing injury and damage.

[FONT=&amp]DC-16-15676 | LATEACE LYNETTE COOK vs. WESLEY MON MATHEWS, et al [/FONT]

Accident occurred in 2015; Oct. 12 was deadline for mediation; Nov. 10 is deadline for discovery.

I thought a reporter may've mentioned this at one point, the vehicle related in a motor vehicle accident case.

Just fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member