637 users online (76 members and 561 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NJ - Juan Cuevas, 36, Washington Township, 20 Jan 2006

Today in my own neighborhood, 4 masked men tied up 3 children and beat their father to death in front of them.

Things like this do not happen here!!!

Linda? do you have a news link?

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    Linda? do you have a news link?
    I am looking, I just seen it on the 11pm news!

oh my gosh thats horrible.....

Found it

http://www.kyw.com/

CBS 3) WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP Police are searching for four suspects who violently beat a man to death inside his Gloucester County home Friday.

Officials said four masked suspects arrived at the Washington Township home of 36-year-old Juan Cuevas just after 1 p.m. The suspects allegedly confronted Cuevas' 17-year-old son in the driveway of the home. They bound his hands and forced him into the home, police said.

Hours later, Cuevas' 19-year-old daughter and 14-year-old son, were subdued by the suspects as they came home from school, police said.

As they were in the home, police said the suspects were demanding the siblings tell them where Cuevas kept his money.

Authorities believe Cuevas arrived home just after 5 p.m. and was taken upstairs by the assailants. Police said the four suspects beat him to death with a blunt object before fleeing the home around 6 p.m.

After the suspects fled, the three teens contacted police. Arriving officers discovered the Cuevas' body in an upstairs bedroom and pronounced him dead at the scene.

Police are still investigating the brutal crime. Currently, no arrests have been made.

thats terrible, i wonder why they did that.....

I don't know.....all I know is I have all the doors & windows locked, alarm set and two dobermans...I think we'll be okay

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    I don't know.....all I know is I have all the doors & windows locked, alarm set and two dobermans...I think we'll be okay
    maybe it was a robbery since they said they kept asking the kids where the money was, sounds like maybe they knew him??

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    maybe it was a robbery since they said they kept asking the kids where the money was, sounds like maybe they knew him??
    Would it be awful for me to hope so?

Would it be awful for me to hope so?
    well you would feel more safe because its not a random thing or people scoping out your neighborhood...

Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    well you would feel more safe because its not a random thing or people scoping out your neighborhood...
    Yeah, the random thing scares me

Yeah, the random thing scares me
    no doubt.....i would be scared too, i always look at the police blotter to see whats been going on and luckily for us we havent had anything like that ever happen, but you never know....

Also from the article posted by Linda7NJ:

Cuevas’ wife was not home at the time of the incident.

Investigators believe Cuevas was targeted by the suspects because they knew he owned an auto parts store in Philadelphia.

“We don’t believe that for a minute that this was random,” said Chief Charles Billingham of the Washington Township Police.

Take care Linda, and try to relax, if you can. I know I would be upset too if something like this happened in my area.

link directly to the article http://kyw.com/topstories/local_story_020210949.html

Oh my how horrifying. Those poor children, that had to witness that. How terribly sad!

This certainly looks like it was a hostage situation to me. 4 hours waiting for the man to get home, and then beat him to death? In front of his children? How horrible!! Those poor kids!

Linda....stay safe. Thank God for Doberman's, huh?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast