NJ NJ - Juan Cuevas, 36, Washington Township, 20 Jan 2006

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
Today in my own neighborhood, 4 masked men tied up 3 children and beat their father to death in front of them.:eek:

Things like this do not happen here!!!

Found it

http://www.kyw.com/

CBS 3) WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP Police are searching for four suspects who violently beat a man to death inside his Gloucester County home Friday.

Officials said four masked suspects arrived at the Washington Township home of 36-year-old Juan Cuevas just after 1 p.m. The suspects allegedly confronted Cuevas' 17-year-old son in the driveway of the home. They bound his hands and forced him into the home, police said.

Hours later, Cuevas' 19-year-old daughter and 14-year-old son, were subdued by the suspects as they came home from school, police said.

As they were in the home, police said the suspects were demanding the siblings tell them where Cuevas kept his money.

Authorities believe Cuevas arrived home just after 5 p.m. and was taken upstairs by the assailants. Police said the four suspects beat him to death with a blunt object before fleeing the home around 6 p.m.

After the suspects fled, the three teens contacted police. Arriving officers discovered the Cuevas' body in an upstairs bedroom and pronounced him dead at the scene.

Police are still investigating the brutal crime. Currently, no arrests have been made.

thats terrible, i wonder why they did that.....

I don't know.....all I know is I have all the doors & windows locked, alarm set and two dobermans...I think we'll be okay

Linda7NJ said:
I don't know.....all I know is I have all the doors & windows locked, alarm set and two dobermans...I think we'll be okay
maybe it was a robbery since they said they kept asking the kids where the money was, sounds like maybe they knew him??

michelle said:
maybe it was a robbery since they said they kept asking the kids where the money was, sounds like maybe they knew him??
Would it be awful for me to hope so?

Linda7NJ said:
Would it be awful for me to hope so?
well you would feel more safe because its not a random thing or people scoping out your neighborhood...

michelle said:
well you would feel more safe because its not a random thing or people scoping out your neighborhood...
Yeah, the random thing scares me

Linda7NJ said:
Yeah, the random thing scares me
no doubt.....i would be scared too, i always look at the police blotter to see whats been going on and luckily for us we havent had anything like that ever happen, but you never know....

Also from the article posted by Linda7NJ:

Cuevas’ wife was not home at the time of the incident.

Investigators believe Cuevas was targeted by the suspects because they knew he owned an auto parts store in Philadelphia.

“We don’t believe that for a minute that this was random,” said Chief Charles Billingham of the Washington Township Police.

Take care Linda, and try to relax, if you can. I know I would be upset too if something like this happened in my area.

link directly to the article http://kyw.com/topstories/local_story_020210949.html

Oh my how horrifying. Those poor children, that had to witness that. How terribly sad!

This certainly looks like it was a hostage situation to me. 4 hours waiting for the man to get home, and then beat him to death? In front of his children? How horrible!! Those poor kids!

Linda....stay safe. Thank God for Doberman's, huh?

Hi Linda: I was shocked to read that it today's Courier Post. Washington Township is called "The Premier Community" and I lived there until 4 yrs. ago. Now, we live just in the next township, so Linda and I are close.

A few months ago, my neighborhood had a break-in burglary at 6:00 AM. the homeowner, a 50 yr. old man, was asleep upstairs and heard a noise. When he got to the bottom of the stairs, he was greeted by a man dressed in a black Ninja outfit. The robber put a gun to his head and tied him to a kitchen chair with a rope. He had gained entrance by smashing the glass slider with a rock and that is the noise that awoke the homeowner.

To this day, I cannot go back to sleep when my hubby leaves home at 5:30 AM. I turn on lots of lights and stay up. It is terrible to live with fear like that, but I cannot help it. I have always been afraid to be home alone and this just sealed the deal for me.

This world has gone crazy, and I cannot help but think that drugs are at the root of it.

My daughter called me a couple of hours ago with news of random home invasions in her hood. This is not an expected area for this. She was freaked, of course. We went through the security monitors, cell phone in her bedroom, extra deadbolt on the front door etc. and now she will get motion detector lights for the perimeter. The biggest problem with these home invasions is not just about robbery but they are killing people to not have witnesses.

concernedperson said:
My daughter called me a couple of hours ago with news of random home invasions in her hood. This is not an expected area for this. She was freaked, of course. We went through the security monitors, cell phone in her bedroom, extra deadbolt on the front door etc. and now she will get motion detector lights for the perimeter. The biggest problem with these home invasions is not just about robbery but they are killing people to not have witnesses.

All these safety precautions are excellent, but I would suggest a really good lock on her bedroom door also.

montana_16 said:
All these safety precautions are excellent, but I would suggest a really good lock on her bedroom door also.

Excellent. I will call her first thing in the morning with this idea.

In my city a guy and his wife woke up to noises that seemed to be coming from the downstairs kitchen.

They carefully made their way down and found a total stranger cooking himself breakfast!!! This was NOT a homeless person. He decided he was hungry and the house looked like there was food in the refridgerator, so he broke in!!!!

The husband subdued the guy until the police arrived.

I'm not trying to make light of home invasions. They are frequently violent, but are always terrifying for those involved. No matter what their "safe haven" has been invaded and that haunts people.

This invasion also haunts the homeowners. It could have been much worse... but basically you can ask yourself "WHAT was he thinking?" only so many times... the only answer that makes sense is "He wasn't".

How many other nonthinking people are out there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back