PERU - Jesse Galganov, 22, Canadian, Huarez, 29 Sept 2017

dotr

Reaction score
https://globalnews.ca/news/3808037/montreal-mother-desperately-searching-for-son-in-peru/
Galganov, 22, was on the first leg of an eight-month trip around South American and south-east Asia, planning to later return to start medical school at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia.
jesse-6.jpg

Photo of Jesse Galganov provided by the family.

“He wants to see the whole world and this is what he chose for this trip,” Clamen told Global News.
“That was his dream.”
Galganov left Montreal on Sept. 24; Clamen said he made sure to stay in close contact with her.
“He texted me on Sept. 28 to say that he would probably be unreachable for a few days, until Oct. 2,” she explained, adding he was planning to do the Santa Cruz Trek.
Clamen hasn’t heard a word from her son since, and says she doesn’t know if he was hiking alone or in a group.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/missing-montrealer-in-peru-1.4359119
[h=1]Montreal woman heads to Peru to search for missing son[/h]
[h=3]Alisa Clamen says no one heard from her vacationing son Jesse Galganov, 22, since Sept. 28[/h]
A Montreal woman flew to Peru on Tuesday to look for her son, who she said nobody has heard from since he boarded a bus to go on a short trek more than two weeks ago.

Alisa Clamen said her son Jesse Galganov, 22, left Montreal last month for what was supposed to be an eight-month backpacking trip through South America and Southeast Asia, but he only got as far as Peru.
She's reached out to the Canadian Embassy in Peru, her Member of Parliament and Montreal police, who she said notified Peruvian authorities, who have since launched a search.

On Tuesday she travelled to the country to join in the search and to make sure her son is high on the list of priorities.

"I'm going to find him and bring him home. Beyond that, I can't let my mind get to what the possibilities are as to 'what, where, who, how,' because there's good ones and there's bad ones, and it's not helpful for me right now."

Clamen said she's confirmed that Galganov got on a bus to the city of Huaraz, but she doesn't know what happened to him after that.
"He's not a kid who would ever do this intentionally, so it resonated as, 'Something's wrong. Something's wrong."' Clamen has asked that anyone who may have seen her son reach out to authorities.
attachment.php

Attachments

• alisa-clamen-jesse-galganov.gif
    alisa-clamen-jesse-galganov.gif
    65.1 KB · Views: 487
http://www.peruviantimes.com/18/canadian-trekker-missing-in-huaraz/30221/
Two rescue teams from the Mountain Guides Association started out yesterday to search for Galganov, according to reports by The Huaraz Telegraph. Meanwhie, his mother, Alisa Clamen, has arrived in Lima to meet with Canadian embassy officials before joining the search in Huaraz. One of the rescue teams has headed for Laguna 69 in the Llanganuco lakes area, while the second team has headed for the Cordillera Huayhuash
Galganov’s name, however, is not registered at the entry point to the Santa Cruz trail, and no muleteers or trekkers on this well-traveled route have reported seeing him. Police have confirmed that he traveled to Huaraz on Cruz del Sur. He also paid online for one night at a backpackers hostel but he did not sign the guest registry. Police are now checking security videos of the street at the bus terminal, hoping to identify the taxi that Galganov might have taken when he arrived.

Family members are asking anyone who might have been in contact with him or seen him, to write to alisa@alisaclamen.com or helpusfindjesse@gmail.com

Clamen said she has confirmed that Galganov got on a bus to the city of Huaraz, but she doesn’t know what happened to him after that.

About 20 of Galganov’s friends are working flat out contacting trekking companies and store owners in the town of Huaraz, where Galganov was headed before he went missing.

Several people in the town have answered their queries, but no one has reported seeing him.

He said they’re trying to get Apple and T-Mobile to give them information about Galganov’s last location, but the firms have been unwilling to release that information to his friends.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/montreal-woman-goes-to-peru-to-search-for-missing-son

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

What a nightmare for Jesse's mother and loved ones.
It's so hard to let one's kid go off on these adventures, so many unknowns and possibilities for twists of fate. My daughter too has travelled to remote places...what can you do? Life experience and seeing the world can be so enriching......but it's scary when it's your kid.

My heart is with her, and i hope very much Jesse is found safe and well.

It's been three weeks - very worrying!

Can LE get his phone records to get a last location? That would certainly give them a more focused search area.

It's been three weeks - very worrying!

Can LE get his phone records to get a last location? That would certainly give them a more focused search area.
From what I have read on other threads that is really the only way you can get that kind of information. Goodness a parent's worst nightmare, and out of country no less.

[video=youtube;LI_x22pAI74]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI_x22pAI74[/video]

Found this,

"Post Concussive Syndrome" ?

[FONT=&amp]Jesse was injured during an LCC football game and received a concussion 4 years ago. Suffering from post-concussve disorder, Jesse is unable to do all the things he should be doing now, most notably reading, studying and applying to university. Jesse Galganov who decided to find a way to be productive and an inspiration during some of his time coping with Post Concussive Syndrome by growing a moustache for Movember and generating a whole lot of money and awareness for the cause is missing in Peru. Please help us find him.

[/FONT]​http://www.newswest9.com/story/3663...ganov-missing-in-peru-since-september-28-2017

Possible post concussion combined with altitude adjustment? Huaraz is at 10,000 ft.elevation. I've flown from Lima to Cusco (11,000 ft.) and you do need a little rest before you set off to trek. He took the bus though, so he probably acclimatized more readily.

I hope they're able to get the cctv footage across from the bus terminal.

Fingers crossed for a safe return.

I feel great sympathy for this family. As each day goes by, the chances of finding him decrease. I hope they get some info soon to help locate him.

I feel great sympathy for this family. As each day goes by, the chances of finding him decrease. I hope they get some info soon to help locate him.

My heart goes out to Jesse's mom, what a nightmare, her handsome and clever son who was to start med school, goes on a trip and poof, he seemingly disappears.
Hoping that he is located very soon.

JMO, but I have a bad feeling about the hostel.... I really hope I'm wrong and they find him safe
From Suglo's link.
The hostel looks like a very nice place..
https://www.google.ca/maps/uv?hl=en...ved=0ahUKEwiqqobqj4PXAhUC2oMKHYn-DdgQoioIfzAP
https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/22-...-south-n812866
rbbm.
Jesse departed Lima on a Cruz del Sur Bus on September 27 and arrived in Huaraz at 6:30 a.m. on September 28. Security cameras capture Jesse leaving the bus station that morning and heading in the direction of the Kame House Backpacker Hostel, where he was planning to stay that evening.

According to family, there have been a number of conflicting stories surrounding his stay at the Kame House. Police informed Alisa that the employees gave various reports of when Jesse arrived and left the hostel. The local District Attorney is now conducting a criminal investigation.

Authorities also determined there is no record of Jesse registering at the entry point of the Santa Cruz trail. No other hikers or guides on this frequently-traveled route have reported seeing him.

Just checking on any news

found this:

[FONT=&quot]" Sadly, there are still no traces of Jesse Galganov, the Canadian citizen who went missing at the end of September. [/FONT]The Huaraz Telegraph [FONT=&quot]was informed that Jesse stayed at the Hotel Kame House in Huaraz who confirmed his check-in at 11pm on the 28[/FONT][FONT=&quot]th[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of September. The lad from Montreal appears to have travelled using Cruz del Sur and this bus left Peru´s capital Lima at 21:30pm the previous day, which means that he should have arrived around 6am in Huaraz which makes a check-in 17 hours after arrival very odd. "

Last [/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]sentence is concerning.......

[/FONT]http://www.thehuaraztelegraph.com/2017/10/update-still-no-traces-jesse-galganov-local-authorities-informed/

And, on his FB, someone commented under his mom's post, that a person in Huarez, who is helping, went to the hostel, and was told he never checked in.

don't like the conflicting stories......:(

And also this, updated today:

A Canadian woman who is searching for her missing son in Peru says that authorities in the country are considering the possibility that her son was abducted.

She said that Galganov’s last known location was a backpackers hostel called Kame House in Huaraz. She added the investigation officially became a criminal one when the owner of the hostel first said that Galganov had been to the hostel, and then changed his story to say that he hadn’t when asked by police.

Investigators know that Galganov made it to Kame house because a friend received a Snapchat message of Galganov at the hostel.

http://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...ince-september-says-he-may-have-been-abducted

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back